If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible receiver upgrade...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Hey Chris_ie.

Yeah as you mentioned the wall mounts are also different on the new range.

I would put the new version in at the front and use the older ones for the rears.
    You should notice a difference between the two sets. We had a full 5.1 system running of the new range in our demo room and they did sound fantastic.

As always any questions let me know.
    One last question! (I promise!!:D) Sitting in the middle seat its roughly 7.5feet from the side speakers. Any seat other than the middle seat is about 4 feet or so at a guess. Would bipole (or even dipole?) speakers be better suited here in your opinion/experience? As they'd give a more spread sound for left and right instead of direct? And they wouldnt interfere with the front/rears would they? Just thinking the last option is bipole sides (which you had hinted at earlier) then move the R90's to the rear (also meaning I could use the stands for the time being). And further down the line would this setup suit expansion to 2 or 4 ceiling speakers.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hey Chris_ie.

Yeah as you mentioned the wall mounts are also different on the new range.

I would put the new version in at the front and use the older ones for the rears.
    You should notice a difference between the two sets. We had a full 5.1 system running of the new range in our demo room and they did sound fantastic.

As always any questions let me know.
    One last question! (I promise!!:D) Sitting in the middle seat its roughly 7.5feet from the side speakers. Any seat other than the middle seat is about 4 feet or so at a guess. Would bipole (or even dipole?) speakers be better suited here in your opinion/experience? As they'd give a more spread sound for left and right instead of direct? And they wouldnt interfere with the front/rears would they? Just thinking the last option is bipole sides (which you had hinted at earlier) then move the R90's to the rear (also meaning I could use the stands for the time being). And further down the line would this setup suit expansion to 2 or 4 ceiling speakers.
    No problem at all.

The Bipole speakers would work well on the side walls due to their shape and as you mention will spread the sound more in the middle of the room.

Should interfere with the front or the rears as they would be adding to the overall sound.

So many options :D. Its just about picking which would suit your needs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

No problem at all.

The Bipole speakers would work well on the side walls due to their shape and as you mention will spread the sound more in the middle of the room.

Should interfere with the front or the rears as they would be adding to the overall sound.

So many options :D. Its just about picking which would suit your needs better.
    Ah its that simple eh! :) Leaning towards the bipole/dipole sides now.... Most likely the BXFX you mentioned earlier. Will get some measuring done first for cable length then I'll be in touch. Thanks for all the info Kenny, much appreciated.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chris_ie wrote: »
    No problem at all.

So many options :D. Its just about picking which would suit your needs better.
    Ah its that simple eh! :) Leaning towards the bipole/dipole sides now.... Most likely the BXFX you mentioned earlier. Will get some measuring done first for cable length then I'll be in touch. Thanks for all the info Kenny, much appreciated.
    No problem at all!!

Let me know when you've measured and I'll see what deal I can do on cable for you also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.