Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The No Spoliers Draft Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

That_Guy wrote: »
    NFL Network via Twitter:

WOW. The Jets have used SEVEN straight first round picks on defense.

and 4 of those have been d-line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That's all well and good Bears fans but just remember who's going to be trying to throw to him... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

"Thanks to the man upstairs"

"Lets go upstairs to Chris Mortenson"

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

ya in fairness its not like he had nothing to throw to last year they had arguably the best receiving corp in the league its hard to think they will be better this year just because white will likely take time to develop even if he does become as good as marshall

Marshall, jeffrey, bennett and matt forte in the backfield - Geno Smith would be able to make something happen there! Absolutely agree - while he is younger than marshall id take marshall

Kiper and Gruden going at it over RB's :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Doesn't take long for people to start bitching about Cutler. I don't like the pick but we need receiving options (they're looking to trade Bennett, forte is looking troublesome, and they have gotten rid of Marshall for better or worse). The awful performance last year was due to many things, but Cutler was low, low, low on that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

WTF are they talking about?

"The rushing leader from last year was not resigned. The rushing leader from the year before just got traded. The standout RB of his career has an uncertain future at his team. So don't worry, all this talk of the RB position not being viewed as being very important is nonsense."

:confused:

Paully D wrote: »
    "Thanks to the man upstairs"

"Lets go upstairs to Chris Mortenson"

:pac::pac::pac:

Was really hoping he would have a "you're welcome, Kevin" type quip ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Paully D wrote: »
    Kiper and Gruden going at it over RB's :pac:

I'm enjoying it. It's good when you have some disagreement on the panel

Black suit, red collar. Methinks Beasley knew something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Flowers for us?

In Exile wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. It's good when you have some disagreement on the panel

Yeah, me too. Ray Lewis being back in Baltimore has worked out well for ESPN too as Louis Riddick is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Doesn't take long for people to start bitching about Cutler. I don't like the pick but we need receiving options (they're looking to trade Bennett, forte is looking troublesome, and they have gotten rid of Marshall for better or worse). The awful performance last year was due to many things, but Cutler was low, low, low on that list.

It's easier to just bash Cutler. He's the QB so when an offense sucks, people who don't watch the games assume it's all the QB's fault. They don't see the playcalls, the injuries on the line or any of the other stuff.

Bit meh on the pick. Still wish we kept Marshall, could have went defense then.

Don't know what to think of the Martellus rumours. He's f*cking awesome. Give him a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He rose so quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote: »
    Flowers for us?

Pow.

#InJerryWeTrust.

Higgins will be ecstatic. Flowers was the one he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

Didn't think flowers go this early,

i thought they would take peat - but also collins draft stock dropping helped flowers rise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Another defensive lineman for the Rams? Sure why not :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Who do you reckon will take Parker? No trades yet, must be some teams looking at moving up at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Still no trades

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's easier to just bash Cutler. He's the QB so when an offense sucks, people who don't watch the games assume it's all the QB's fault. They don't see the playcalls, the injuries on the line or any of the other stuff.

Bit meh on the pick. Still wish we kept Marshall, could have went defense then.

Don't know what to think of the Martellus rumours. He's f*cking awesome. Give him a new deal.

Agree with every word you wrote there. Hope Marty sticks around, don't see us getting a replacement for him in this draft (and off topic but I think he is being underpaid on his current deal so we're throwing away a bargain)

wow!!!

RB back in the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Wow! That's some climb up the boards too

Gurley, wow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

LOL @ Rams!

The guys on NFL Network talking about running backs and lo and behold one gets drafted.

Suspicious cat is suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wow. That is one big surprise.

• Advertisement

Love the pick to be honest. Bold and brave, but if his injury is okay then they've bagged them a serious RB.

I'd be very surprised if Parker makes it past the next two picks - Vikings and Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Go easy on me, I'm new, but what stops teams mid season, knowing they won't achieve what they need, from losing to ensure they get better value come draft day?

parker for vikes or waynes?

That_Guy wrote: »
    The guys on NFL Network talking about running backs and lo and behold one gets drafted.

Suspicious cat is suspicious.

I don't mind them knowing inside stuff. It's the thing where they have an earpiece and hear the pick a few seconds early and tip it. If they know something, it actually takes some restraint to keep it as vague as they have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

Goodell is so slow with getting from one area to the other,

Fenix wrote: »
    Go easy on me, I'm new, but what stops teams mid season, knowing they won't achieve what they need, from losing to ensure they get better value come draft day?

Nothing at all but players are playing for their futures and don't want to tank a season and potentially lose their jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Jobs and contracts mainly. Performance related bonuses for players if they hit X, Y or Z target. And head coaches don't stick around too long if they win one game a season.

nothing - in fact i think the hc before lovie smith at bucs got the sack for winning games late in the season when they were loosing most of the games

John Idzik built up 50 million in cap space and got sacked before he got to spend it

Off topic but new 49ers alternate jersey...not sure really, looks like the "no contact" jersey

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/593943738746949632

Often asked question, but the players and coaches are the ones who will lose their jobs so they have no incentive to lose mid season, they need to keep the wolf from the door. A player can be cut, or replaced by the high draft pick that comes in when they lose out. So they'll play hard all year.

Indianapolis fans might tell you different. Suck for Luck!

• Advertisement

It's a fine question to ask. :)

Mainly because there's big changes in a roster from season to season, especially a losing one. So players are trying to put together good tape to ensure they'll get another shot with their current or a different team and with that obviously comes money.

Also, coaches that lose lots of games don't tend to stick around for long so they're always going to be motivated to win for the same reasons.

Terence Newman will be 37 in September

Come on, take a corner. I don't think they should go receiver, they have talent there

mikemac1 wrote: »
    John Idzik built up 50 million in cap space and got sacked before he got to spend it

and I will be forever grateful:D

Gurley looks more shaken and ecstatic than I've seen a player in a while there, looked pretty shook up almost!

slightly disappointed with vikes not going for parker

Good ****ing Christ the Browns are going to get Parker, aren't they? :(

browns run up with the parker pick

far to high to be picking Waynes

I think Waynes has huge bust potential. I'd have gone for Peters all day long there if they were going for a CB, but easy for me to say when my job is not on the line I suppose given the red flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Could see the Browns nabbing Shelton here and DGB at 19.

• Advertisement
Advertisement