Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The No Spoliers Draft Thread

Comments

In Exile wrote: »
    He speaks well if nothing else

i dont think its nothing else i do think he's a good player i just thought he could have been gotten a bit later and also the lions got a guard as part of that trade. warford played pretty well last year right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Andrew Luck will like that I'm sure. A speedster.

Malcolm Brown would be nice for the Packers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Come on GB, take Malcolm Brown!! I wanted Byron Jones but Brown would be even more incredible!!

loooooove dorsett was hoping he would drop to the second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats traded out of the 32nd spot, 4 picks before they are even on the clock.

Boring draft, Pats trading down...im out.

• Advertisement

eric kendricks here??

Hazys wrote: »
    Pats traded out of the 32nd spot, 4 picks before they are even on the clock.

Boring draft, Pats trading down...im out.

haha heartbreaker sat through the entire first and got no pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jesus the Colts already have no.1 receiver, a future no.2/excellent slot guy, and Andre Johnson for the short term. It was defence that let them down last year, and not as if Luck needs a whole pile of help to be great. Strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So many good defenders available and we take another receiver. Gutting, even though he looks a decent player. Win or bust for Grigson.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

brown here for packers please - trade second and 4th to eagles for kendricks and im happy

• Advertisement

haha heartbreaker sat through the entire first and got no pick

Twitter was wrong, Pats trade up...rejoice!!

Twitter was wrong, Pats trade up...rejoice!!

malcom brown or randy gregory?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ted 'WTF' Thompson strikes again! :pac: :confused:

Yes

(lol cant say would be spoiling)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The former hopefully.

eek lots of talk about randle to eagles so i looked at him he's a terrible terrible terrible tackler

eek lots of talk about randle to eagles so i looked at him he's a terrible terrible terrible tackler

yey thats awesome!!

Im all confused the Pats have supposedly traded up, but NO are on the clock at 31. Pats pick at no 32 has been "confirmed" on twitter.

How far behind is the tv coverage?

TV coverage is about 20 mins behind twitter. 10 mins ago the Pats pick was confirmed on Twitter.

Fcuking NFL how many of those 20 minutes are wasted by Goodell walking two miles to the podium for each pick?

• Advertisement

yey thats awesome!!

he's really really good in coverage to be fair and he can man up on a slot reciever if needed so if used right he's a good pick just hope and pray he's never your last man back
    Im all confused the Pats have supposedly traded up, but NO are on the clock at 31. Pats pick at no 32 has been "confirmed" on twitter.

How far behind is the tv coverage?
    picks are in but its taking roger all day to actually announce them

really thought the packers would go mlb

also what an underwhelming first round feck all trades no major trades

First round done for another year.

Some cracking players available in round 2. Tomorrow will be very interesting, more so than tonight.

Goodnight (or should that be good morning) all!

TV coverage is about 20 mins behind twitter. 10 mins ago the Pats pick was confirmed on Twitter.

Fcuking NFL how many of those 20 minutes are wasted by Goodell walking two miles to the podium for each pick?

Just checked that alright, crazy stuff. Goodell must be the most hated commish in NFL history, the crowd have not tired in booing him all night.

who goes number 1 tomorrow do ye reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yes!!! So delighted I waited up all night just for that pick. Patriots get Malcolm Brown, it's a fantastic pick for us. :D

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes!!! So delighted I waited up all night just for that pick. Patriots get Malcolm Brown, it's a fantastic pick for us. :D

thats a need to right?

thats a need to right?
    Yep, Wilfork is gone and I never thought we could get Brown but I seen him as the ideal replacement for him. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would fall to us, hugely underrated player as he fell to us.

eagle eye wrote: »

It looks like Bill didn't expect him to be still on the board after the 20th pick and was going to trade out of the 1st round. Great to get such a talented player and covering a key area of need. I'd say every Pats fan is real happy with tonight's result.

• Advertisement

It appears that the draft is free for us tonight on the NFL site. Just click on the link below and then click to watch it. There might be one or two short videos and after that you are all set for the night.

http://www.nfl.com/live

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Xbox app has it as well...

round two here we go very interesting round here lots of depth you could get just as good a prospect at the and as at the start

Here we go! :D

Darby or Williams would be ideal for my Ravens. I'd expect both will be gone however.

Paully D wrote: »
    Here we go! :D

Darby or Williams would be ideal for my Ravens. I'd expect both will be gone however.

haven't all the ravens fans been looking for dgb even with here first

Giants have traded into #33. What a start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Giants trade up already, didnt take long today. gave up their 2nd 4th and 7th round picks to move up

haven't all the ravens fans been looking for dgb even with here first

He would have been my choice last night with the way the board fell for sure, but there's no way on earth we go WR in the 1st and 2nd.

Paully D wrote: »
    He would have been my choice last night with the way the board fell for sure, but there's no way on earth we go WR in the 1st and 2nd.

who knows man give flacco his receivers for the rest of his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

has to be a safety here.

seems like a lot to go up 7 in the second

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

for the niners I'd be happy with Devin Smith, or one of the other 2 WR. Have the ammo to move up if necessary.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

seems like a lot to go up 7 in the second

Agreed.. I wouldn't be surprises to see the Titans trade the to bottom of the 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Like the pick but we have no debt so getting rid of 4th hurts

not sure who id like the eagles to take here if we traded up id love jake fisher not sure who will still be there at 20 maby erick rowe or quinten rollins.

could see ali marpet or donovan smith at 20 as well but i think secondary is more important for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Donovan Smith to the Bucs, was one Id heard the Jets were high on

well **** didn't expect him to go this early

another croke park classic player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Second round is too early for Ali Marpet

There are better linemen out there

Everyone loves to see the Division III player succeed but he's getting too much love imo

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

phatkev wrote: »
    Donovan Smith to the Bucs, was one Id heard the Jets were high on

ESPN announced Tampa drafted Donovan McNabb. 2 QBs on the first two rounds?!

I think the teams who have traded down have got decent value so far this year.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Second round is too early for Ali Marpet

There are better linemen out there

Everyone loves to see the Division III player succeed but he's getting too much love imo

could honestly see chip take him in the second if we stay where we are he's a very chip pick.

id looooooove if we grabbed fisher though we will have to trade up if we want him is the only thing. maby then trade back up and grab one of the safteys who knows really

• Advertisement
Advertisement