Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulcrum zero price differential

• 30-04-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if I'm comparing like with like here. Cyclesuperstore and wiggle have 2015 racing zero alloy clinchers for 1000 euro, "reduced" from over 1200. Then a number of German sites have what appears to be exactly the same wheelset for under 700 quid. The pics are the same, weights are the same, 2015 model... Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but it seems odd, as they usually ape each other price-wise.

I know there are nite and dark and carbon and 2 way and tub etc versions, but that's not what's going on here.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

german sites generally cheaper than wiggle or CSS, often quite significantly. not sure there is anything surprising here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The German sites always seem to be able to sell wheels considerably cheaper than UK or Irish websites/shops. Bike-discount had Kysrium Elites for €349 a few months ago whereas the cheapest in these parts was €480.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

the german sites are always cheaper. can't buy anything off the UK sites at the moment with the euro so weak.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I've seen some huge price gaps between UK and German sites for identical kit before, and always shop around on that basis. e.g. Tacx I-Flow on clearance at CRC for €710, 25% off, sale price on Bike24 €250 + €139 if you want the frame + €25p+p, so €710 versus €413 for the identical set-up delivered. Tacx I-genius €1260 on CRC, same product in bike-discount at €799.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I bought my Fulcrum Racing Zeros from these people last year. Great to deal with:

http://www.bike24.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 rayquinn1

Bought a Fulcrum Racing Zero set from www.4thebike.de a few weeks ago. €699 plus €15 shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

I got Shamal Ultras around this time last year at around 700ish. Bought them from Wiggle who price matched Bike24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I bought my Fulcrum Racing Zeros from these people last year. Great to deal with:

http://www.bike24.com/
    rayquinn1 wrote: »
    Bought a Fulcrum Racing Zero set from www.4thebike.de a few weeks ago. €699 plus €15 shipping

How are the wheels? Ye happy with them? :)

Advertisement