Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Nerve or Canyon Spectral?

• 30-04-2015 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Looking at upgrading from my hardtail to a full sus.

Is the Spectral a bit overkill for the trails around Dublin or would I feel underbiked with the Nerve?

Also open to other recommendations if people have them.

Can't post links but the models I'd be thinking of are the Spectral AL 7.0 EX and Nerve AL 8.0

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

I have a nerve am6.0 for 3 years now, it has never let me down. I wish I could lock out the rear sus, and the avid brakes are a bit ****, but the rest of the spec is great and it takes a beating. Get the lightest one you can afford I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I have a Nerve XC with 120mm travel and I've used it on lots of trails in Dublin and Wicklow with no issues. Mine is the 9.0 with SRAM X0 and I'd agree with the other poster about getting the lightest one you can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If you were to go with the above advice you'd be getting the nerve 12.3kg €1999.00 v strive 12.6kg 2399.00 + p&p

If you were going with the budget choice the nerve al 7.0 looks more than comparable weighing in at 12.5kg and a saving of €700 over the strive at €1699 + P&P

I know which one I'd choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Have a second hand Canyon Nerve 8.0 for sale, 8 months old and in perfect nick. €1400 or nearest offer if your interested.

Advertisement