Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Exams

Options
  • 30-04-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hello, I was wondering if the Continuous Assessment from earlier in the year counts towards the summer exams or do you start with a clean slate going into them ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

As far as I'm aware, CA's do not count for repeat exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

from memory, you only keep your CA results if you applied for retention. You need a doctor's note to state you were ill on the day of the exam, in order to retain your CA result for the repeat examination.Any other reasons for missing the exam need to be stated on the application.

Source:I was going into an exam about 3 years back with 30% from CAs and only needed 10% to pass the module,only to arrive at the wrong time because I've misread the timetable :/
    My marks and effort in college apparently wasn't sufficient enough to prove that it was a honest mistake.....

Advertisement