Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water cooling for cpu on antec 1200 case

Options
  • 30-04-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Anyway have one thread on DIY forum for making custom table and enclosure for antec 1200v3 case-since its sucking way too much dust even with filters on,for those that know it its fairly old by now,still expensive,but design wise it has many flaws that they didn't take into account when making it and such progress on liquid cooling/ssd drive cable management is fairly hard even thou size is enormous.

Ive been trough couple other forums to check out solutions on liquid cooling cpu,thinking corsair h50-h100 in terms for cpu,but problem is there isnt proper setup space for the radiator to go in,without stripping some parts and messing with frame.

Now id fairly like the cooling rad to be inside but that would take up at least one exhaust fan space,other strategy is maybe get h100 and mount it on back of the exhaust fans and add another two to make it blow=blow,since recently i did fairly huge upgrade under the budget,new mobo msi gaming 7,cpu is only dual core-but main advantage of it it can push as close as i7 in terms of ghz 4.5-up to 5ghz wither proper cooling.

just to name cpu its intel g3258 stock 3.2ghz

Still need many new components added since gpu is msi twin froz 560ti which is only good for stuff on medium settings at best,need more ssd space and so on,so one step at a time,would even consider proper air cooled cpu fan but there is so much to choose from and sizes are enormous,not to mention effectiveness air vs liquid price come out cheaper.

Any advised is welcomed with such case in mind.thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Where do you keep it now? On the floor? I have the Antec 1100 case and it hoovers up dust if it's on the floor but on my desk it stays very clean. I don't have any personal experiemce with water cooling but I'd say it's not the most cost efficient way to improve your rig given your current cpu and gpu. Better to spend that money on cpu/gpu upgrades first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Yeah on the floor just not enough space to put in on the table :/
    as for upgrades water cooling is long term investment,thus pushing whatever can out of cpu,then future upgrading and keeping same cooling is safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

They don't last forever it seems. I have a 5 year old h50 and performance is starting to drop off. Still 5 years is decent.

Advertisement