Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband or TV from Eircom

Options
  • 30-04-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently switched from Sky to eFibre and eVision.  The service went without a hitch for the first few weeks.  Then I got cut off dead - no broadband - and no TV either because I was using eVision.  It's five days now and still, I have no service.  

After calling Tech Support, they went through the usual process of resetting my modem etc, until it was determined that the problem were in their network and had nothing to do with my home setup.

Over a number of days, I rang them on three separate occasions asking why they seemed to be unable to resolve the problem.  The third time I rang, the Tech Support guy told me it had something to do with IP addresses and wasn't a hardware problem, such as the failure of a piece of equipment.  And that was why it was taking so long, or so he told me.

I'm very surprised at this, surely you in Eircom have network engineers who are trained to tackle problems like this.  Or perhaps because the problem seems to affect a small number of customers, you couldn't be bothered?

Surely it not unreasonable for me to exit from my contract with you without having to pay and early exit fee, since it is you have broken the contract by not providing a service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

drednought wrote: »
    I recently switched from Sky to eFibre and eVision.  The service went without a hitch for the first few weeks.  Then I got cut off dead - no broadband - and no TV either because I was using eVision.  It's five days now and still, I have no service.  

After calling Tech Support, they went through the usual process of resetting my modem etc, until it was determined that the problem were in their network and had nothing to do with my home setup.

Over a number of days, I rang them on three separate occasions asking why they seemed to be unable to resolve the problem.  The third time I rang, the Tech Support guy told me it had something to do with IP addresses and wasn't a hardware problem, such as the failure of a piece of equipment.  And that was why it was taking so long, or so he told me.

I'm very surprised at this, surely you in Eircom have network engineers who are trained to tackle problems like this.  Or perhaps because the problem seems to affect a small number of customers, you couldn't be bothered?

Surely it not unreasonable for me to exit from my contract with you without having to pay and early exit fee, since it is you have broken the contract by not providing a service.
    Hi drednought

Really sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Advertisement