Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permenent TSB Account Blocked

Options
  • 30-04-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I hadn't used my Permenent TSB account in almost a year as I have been on welfare. It was overdrawn by €365.

I have recently started working again and got my first months pay today.

It went into my bank account and my account balance shows the amount I was paid, minus the €365 obviously.

I tried to pay a couple of bills online and couldn't. I couldn't withdraw from an ATM.

I contacted PTSB by phone and after 45 minutes and after being put on hold several times I was informed that my account had been blocked and that lodgements are the only transactions that are allowed to be performed on the account.

I was told that the person in my branch who blocked my account had to be the person who unblocks it, and that my branch would contact me by 5pm.

I haven't heard from them and I really need access to that money by the end of tomorrow. I'm way behind on several bills and want to get them cleared ASAP.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Can you get into a branch tomorrow and sort it out in person? On your lunch break or sonething? I'd suggest you take ID and proof of address with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Can you get into a branch tomorrow and sort it out in person? On your lunch break or sonething? I'd suggest you take ID and proof of address with you too.

The branch that my account is with is the other side of the country. Apparently it has to be them who unblock it.

There is a branch close to me, so I'll try them tomorrow and see if they can help, but not holding out much hope.

Had I known this would happen I'd have opened an account elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

If the branch beside you can't remove the hold themselves they should contact your home branch directly. They can send any documentation required (ID & proof of address) to the home branch in the internal post.

Advertisement