Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stray dogs in estate

Options
  • 30-04-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

What can be done about this?.. We(my mother and I) live in a council estate in ballinasloe and I know every estate has strays but what can be done! Cause the council really don't seem to be doing anything, earlier today we Couldent leave our front door because there was a vicous dog outside that refused to leave I won't name the breed because any dog can be visous but let's say this dogs bite would have been very bad! Was just luck there was no kids out... In our estate we all help each other and many people had to come over with stick to encourage the dog out away from our garden the gaurds did eventually have to be called! What next? A young child get bit?! what can be done about the strays in estates have ye had any similar experience?
    -No lie there was about 10 people in our next door neighbours garden trying encourage the dog away! You would swear it was tiger lol!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I ran out of breath a few times reading that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can either kill them and eat them or ring the Council, they have an Animal Control section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

In Iran they inject strays with some form of acid or poison, which causes them a slow and gruesome death

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

sorry, this is a middle class forum ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

In Iran they inject strays with some form of acid or poison, which causes them a slow and gruesome death

Sounds practical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Shoot it if it comes back.

Marinade meat in aniseed oil, tie on to back of car, drive slowly over to another estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Well that is abit extreme ;) it was a mad experience I think I will be talking about it for the next week lol! We wore just going to head to the shop and there was the dog in the garden ran back inside and it was banging it's head of our front door.. A girl from our circle who has experience with staffies (what some of the people first taught the dog was, it wasent) came over trying to distract it.. Really dident help with 5 dogs going mad in our house either lol!! Took twenty minutes for the the dog to be caught! Was a scary experience and I'm well use off the odd aggressive dog ;) but this was something else! :L... I'm shocked sorry for the rant lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

OP clearly stated dogs.

Hitchens wrote: »
    sorry, this is a middle class forum ;)

Whats to say I'm not middle class lol :(

• Advertisement

Lol ermahgerd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Has the dog done anything of note apart from being in your general vicinity?

We're talking about a dog, right? The big hairy things that like their bellies tickled?

Have you considered manning the fvck up?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

strobe wrote:
    Have you considered manning the fvck up?

have you considered not being a cu*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

How was the dog vicious other than being of German descent, its nothing but xenophobic prejudice op.:P

3edgy5me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I have, in depth, I think I'll pass.

(awesome username btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Rat poison in marshmallows. Throw them out and let the fun begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Sounds like one of the five canines inside your house might be in heat, OP.

No no dog is in heat in our house we only have one female and defiantly not in heat! We have alot of strays in the estate but honesty none that would bother ya except maybe follow ya if you have been feeding it, all the estates "usuall" strays are greyhounds and terriers etc, I live in circle in the big housing estate people wore out as usual and I was planning heading to the shop and passed no remarks really at first I taught it was a staffie :) and then he looked up and stared heading towards our garden so I turned around and RAN for our door got in safe and to be honest I wasent bit or anything :) I dident want to name the breed because really I have been bit by more labadors than any dog that's labeled as a "dangerous" dog;) I believe it's how a dog is raised blah blah blah... Anyway long story short I was stuck behind the front door for 20 minutes if not longer because the pitbull was at the door banging it's head growling.. A woman came into the next door neighbour garden with a stick she had been told the dog was cross and was a staffy and she has staffies but it wasent a staffy it was a pitbull,, there was a big group of people in the neighbours garden and the dog left my pourch and started growling at the neighbours who ran in the neighbours back garden, the gaurds and pet warden wore called and the dog was eventually caught pretty quickly I suppose to be fair :) but was mad experience the wore clapping when the dog was caught. That dog was out to hurt someone :L I really am shocked lol :L?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Be honest now, we know you were chasing after your own dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You'd better not read post #20, then.

Be honest now, we know you were chasing after your own dogs.

Heaven forbid a stray dog is let loose where I live, monocles will be popped.

Seriously op, use sentences, it's incredibly hard to read what you're saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Dog brings entire housing estate to a standstill :rolleyes:
    T'is a sheltered life we live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Great to see people thinking about the children.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You'd better not read post #20, then.

I just did. Got about 4 lines down an started getting light headed. Then tried reading it slowly. Just gave up.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Dog brings entire housing estate to a standstill :rolleyes:
    T'is a sheltered life we live.

It brought me to one anyway.. in a way, it was funny the way the people wore clapping when the dog was caught :) but noone knew the dog and was never seen around befor there's special needs kids in the estate that would have got badly hurt, the dog was banging it's head against our door.. Looked like a wild bull lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

It brought me to one anyway.. in a way, it was funny the way the people wore clapping when the dog was caught :) but noone knew the dog and was never seen around befor there's special needs kids in the estate that would have got badly hurt, the dog was banging it's head against our door.. Looked like a wild bull lol....

Aw no way, the dog was banging its head against yer door? reminds me of the time I was in ballinasloe and i wore the face off this wan lol

Then I got the clap.

"I'm defiantly not in heat"

<throws away the pill> 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You have to join the pack and work your way up to alpha OP. Then you can steer the dogs to a different estate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Call 091 563631 for these people https://www.facebook.com/GalwaySPCA GalwaySPCA

Don't hurt the Dogs and obviously don't put yourself in danger. Stay away. Call the Galway SPCA and state it's an emergency.

Advertisement