Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stray dogs in estate

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Would you not have thought to throw a bucket of cold water out the top window onto it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

pablo128 wrote: »
    Would you not have thought to throw a bucket of cold water out the top window onto it?
    NO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

When will people learn housing estates are no place for dogs, people trying to domesticate dogs is cruel and wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

LadyAthame wrote: »
    NO.

Why not?

Why not?
    It can shock dogs. Or cause an even more aggressive reaction the expert advice says always remain calm and stay away. Call an officer from the Galway spca or the guards. People safety first obviously.

The more you shout or get worked up etc the more worked up the dogs get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

If you're in Ballinasloe there's a fair chance that the dogs might belong to members of a certain social group. If so then maybe make sure you're anonymous when ringing the GSPCA. Animal cruelty, particularly of dogs and horses, is pretty rife in that general part of the West (in no small part due to members of that particular social group) and should always be reported but just make sure you have yourself covered. I know of several instances in my own circle where a well-meaning act like this has backfired and brought about a bit of trouble.

I know of several instances in my own circle where a well-meaning act like this has backfired and brought about a bit of trouble.

That's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

LadyAthame wrote: »
    That's awful.
    Yeah one that springs to mind first-off is a greyhound that was retired from racing and left to roam around the estate we lived in, in Dublin. My mate rang up the DSPCA who found the owner (who was a pr!ck and didn't care about the dog at all, since it wasn't making any more money from it and left it to wander around starving for weeks). Your man ended up harassing and intimidating my mate for ages afterwards and still left the dog outside the whole time to wander around on its own.
    Similar stories with whippets and lurchers and bad people as well in other parts of Ireland with other types of people so just be weary.

Good lord! The no one breed up in mount venus though is always greyhounds though ..loads of them ...and lurchers etc...lovely dogs. And don't need as much excersiize as people think ..easy to handle too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You have 5 dogs? I can only assume you have a very large area for them to be kept in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

We Couldent cause it was right at our door if we opend the door it could have ran in... And personally that never works..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

You have 5 dogs? I can only assume you have a very large area for them to be kept in.

You don't need a large area really, we have enough time to walk them all:) 3 live in the house and 2 outside, they all get along with eachother so really our dogs aren't a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Call the warden, then the Gardaí, then the Army. After that your only options are to either kill it with fire or to take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Flood wrote: »
    When will people learn housing estates are no place for dogs, people trying to domesticate dogs is cruel and wrong.

What a load of bollix

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Advertisement