Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trout spinning reel

Options
  • 30-04-2015 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I have recently got back into trout fishing seen as the salmon fishing is so slow at the moment but I gave all my reels to my young brother so its time to treat myself to a new one

I have used shimano pretty much all the time so would just like to try something else

Anyone using anything other than shimano ? Looking to buy something around the 2000-2500 range budget around 80e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

I picked this reel up in Barton Smiths in Sligo last year primarily for Sea Trout and to make an attempt at lure fishing for Bass this year.
    My 25+ year old Silstar finally started acting up a couple of years ago and thought it time to invest after wasting my time with disposable branded junk.

I'd been considering investing in a Shimano however I was easily swayed when I compared them together in the shop.
    Lovely smooth movement and a feeling of quality with the reel. Cheaper than the Shimano too, paid 'round E65.

B8572A08909D443EBC76B1399521E3E3-0000365274-0003758657-00468L-985802E4CD8C4C028AE1790A4130FE14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

^^ Cormoran make a pretty decent reel I have to say,picked this up last year for €35 and haven't had a problem with it yet, still as smooth as the day it came out of the box and its taking a bit of abuse :

http://m.koeder-laden.de/item/31322d3431313030

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you are used to Shimano you might find other reels Inferior to use, I've used Shimano's for years and just can't find anything that comes close to the quality of them.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

uch wrote: »
    If you are used to Shimano you might find other reels Inferior to use, I've used Shimano's for years and just can't find anything that comes close to the quality of them.

Pretty much got it spot on there , went for a look at every other make but couldn't resist a lovely 2500 exage

Advertisement