Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

graduate construction

• 30-04-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

Just wondering if i could get some advice. I came back from Canada last year and decided to finish off a degree I had started in Construction Management which i will graduate from this year. Now looking to get working in London or anywhere in the UK really so i can gain some experience. While in Canada I worked in the bar scene but really dont wanna go back to it. So I would be pretty much looking for entry level work as a junior engineer/surveyor or anything really. Tried loads of jobs, recruiters and am on linkedin. If anyone has any tips or help they could offer it would be great?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I had a friend in same situation. He had graduated from CIT, had plenty of building site experience at labouring level from Summer work etc. He came to London and got a labouring job with an Irish firm. After a week heaapproached the Site Manager and outlined his qualificstions. They gave him a start with his appropriate qualification and is doing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 alee251

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I had a friend in same situation. He had graduated from CIT, had plenty of building site experience at labouring level from Summer work etc. He came to London and got a labouring job with an Irish firm. After a week heaapproached the Site Manager and outlined his qualificstions. They gave him a start with his appropriate qualification and is doing great.

Thanks mate, that sounds promising. I think Ill have to move over there because cant really get responses from here which is understandable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

alee251 wrote: »
    Thanks mate, that sounds promising. I think Ill have to move over there because cant really get responses from here which is understandable.
    Ballymore have a big site in Vauxhall and others planned on the Thames Estuary. I also saw their hoardings up on Crossrail in Hamstead. I heard they might have a job on Battersea Power station also

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Ballymore have a big site in Vauxhall and others planned on the Thames Estuary. I also saw their hoardings up on Crossrail in Hamstead. I heard they might have a job on Battersea Power station also

Alright cheers for that anyway. Definitely going try and get over as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

There is tonnes of work if you want it and are prepared to work hard, there are great opportunities here

• Advertisement

ISOP wrote: »
    There is tonnes of work if you want it and are prepared to work hard, there are great opportunities here

Good to hear, has to be better than Ireland at the minute.

Advertisement