Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social App - advice on tools to use

Options
  • 30-04-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I'm building a social app where people can send messages (on a wall rather than direct through sms), upload and share photos and make voice calls & video calls. Am planning to code it in html5, css3 and javascript which will be wrapped up in PhoneGap. I want to use existing tools to incorporate these features into the app, no need to reinvent them!

Can anyone recommend good tools, APIs or useful links for integrating these features into an app? I was thinking about including Skype for video calls but I want the video calls to start straight away in my app without users having to log into skype's service as well. I'm also conscious there may be a cost factor with these tools as well.

On another note does anyone know if it's easy to implement multi-factor authentication?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and advice!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It looks like you've overlooked the other 70% of your project which would constitute the back-end services for your social app.

You can use other services for Video but if you're using a 3rd party service, expect to pay for it. I recall something about Twillio offering video calling recently.

Multi-factor authentication isn't particular difficult for an experienced developer although it does take careful planning/implementation/testing. Without knowing your level of experience it's impossible to say whether you'd find it difficult.

Advertisement