Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Yeah, let them tell that to Revenue.

A quick check on Google reveals that the service is common in other countries and they usually specify that they are an alcohol delivery service.

Whatever about Revenue, I doubt the Vintners Association, a very powerful lobby, would turn a blind eye if there was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd say the taxman would love to pay them a visit.

I've seen these on Facebook myself, that gives us another reason our alcohol licencing law's need serious overhaul IMO....

Anyhow back to the statuses with this beaut :

http://i.imgur.com/81f4aAl

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fieldog wrote: »
    I've seen these on Facebook myself, that gives us another reason our alcohol licencing law's need serious overhaul IMO....

Anyhow back to the statuses with this beaut :

http://i.imgur.com/81f4aAl

'De eert'

Anyone else read that and think 'Drogheda'?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    'De eert'

Anyone else read that and think 'Drogheda'?

I went to a debs in de eert, ha ha

Think it was de eert anyway, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Presume they don't sell alcohol, they sell the delivery.

Try explaining that to the Gardai when they see you handing a tray of cans to a 16 year old and taking money off them.
    I presume they don't purport to charge anything for the drink except the cost price, they charge for the transport. Much like any haulage company that charges for the delivery of alcohol, they don't need a liquor licence.

You dont pay the haulage company the value of the goods though. You pay the supplier and the haulier is contracted to deliver them.

Whatever about Revenue, I doubt the Vintners Association, a very powerful lobby, would turn a blind eye if there was a problem.

They arent losing out though. If anything they are gaining sales if it's being bought through their members in the first place. If the lads are bringing in van loads of drink from the UK , then it might be an issue for them.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Tanx to everyone who came to Remi-leighs christinin. tanx for all the presents and cards.it was a lovely day tanx to gars ma for the shaul remi looked the dogs boll*cks an everyone said the same. said i wouldnt drink but the day got the better of me and i was as g**-eyed as the rest of ye hehhehe. roll on her comunnion im even plannin her dress hummer in pink getup the yard it will be the best comunnion tallaght ever saw and she deserves it"-feeling blessed."

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Tanx to everyone who came to Remi-leighs christinin. tanx for all the presents and cards.it was a lovely day tanx to gars ma for the shaul remi looked the dogs boll*cks an everyone said the same. said i wouldnt drink but the day got the better of me and i was as g**-eyed as the rest of ye hehhehe. roll on her comunnion im even plannin her dress hummer in pink getup the yard it will be the best comunnion tallaght ever saw and she deserves it"-feeling blessed."

Keep us in the loop for when the communion is on. I do not want to miss the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Stop it Fussyonion,there's no way any one said her daughter looked the dogs boll*x in christening pics!!!! Seriously ?
    Oh I fear for the future, :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

No I don't think they're clever enough that using a loophole like that would even cross their mind. Or more likely they just don't care. Especially when you see these posts every day:

"Remember people when the off license is closed were around 24/7 #TheBeerBaron"

"Bottle of Vodka & Mixer €35"
    "Box of Budweiser Bottles €35" etc etc
    Kinda like an extra tax on people who are too stupid or too chaotic to plan ahead for their pissups.
    Try explaining that to the Gardai when they see you handing a tray of cans to a 16 year old and taking money off them.

Yes, you'd have to wonder about these services complying with age and other regulations.

You dont pay the haulage company the value of the goods though. You pay the supplier and the haulier is contracted to deliver them.

They arent losing out though. If anything they are gaining sales if it's being bought through their members in the first place. If the lads are bringing in van loads of drink from the UK , then it might be an issue for them.....

Yes, you'd have to wonder about these services complying with age regulations or other regulations around alcohol sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RainyDay wrote: »

Yes, you'd have to wonder about these services complying with age regulations or other regulations around alcohol sales.

I'm sure as responsible business owners they comply with all relevant laws :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lisha wrote: »
    Stop it Fussyonion,there's no way any one said her daughter looked the dogs boll*x in christening pics!!!! Seriously ?
    Oh I fear for the future, :):)

She did say it. She's said it before about herself/her mother/her sister etc when they were all dolled up. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

I'm sure as responsible business owners they comply with all relevant laws :p:D

I can assure you the only business the're involved in is the business of signing on once a month since they turned 18. But the dial-a-drink sideline keeps them in nice clothes and bling so they can pose for the daily photos they post up looking like Conor mcgregor and his missus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

She did say it. She's said it before about herself/her mother/her sister etc when they were all dolled up. :o

Ugh it just so ewww. I swear quite a bit but that's way over the line for me......

I did believe you by the wY but I was stunned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm just picturing the gathering; instead of the traditional 'oohs and aahs' over the child, they are saying 'doesnt she look the dogs...' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'm just picturing the gathering; instead of the traditional 'oohs and aahs' over the child, they are saying 'doesnt she look the dogs...' :p

Little auld ones on walking sticks saying it and everything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Might not make it to work tomorrow. Our neighbor threatened to shoot himself and now its a complete standoff. There are snippers and cops all over the place and all roads are blocked. They have bright lights on his house and cops posted at the other neighbors and in the woods. Its like in the movies. This had been going on since 5:30 pm tonight. Will keep you posted.

From the feed of a US friend. What a boring mundane life I lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

From the feed of a US friend. What a boring mundane life I lead.

Lookout! He's got a snippers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

"The in laws I have is a pack of tramps no1 talks to dem der that bad never done bk biting ppm gbtm pity I wasn't a real egit for dem and sit with them all day dey died wen I got insured tought I was gonna brake up bernies car lol swear they bought it for him or it was a porche sickening people"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

"This goes to the JEALOUS BASTARD In ****** DO I BUG YEE THAT MUCH THAT Yee sent the Cops and council Down to me today over me "cleaning the lane" and who do I tink I am to do such a ting And have a container there?!? Moral of the story here is I've to get My STABLES AND MY HORSES OUTA ***** THATS ITS A HOUSING ESTATE NOT AN EQUINE CENTER...I've being in here over 3yr with horses and not a word!!!! Soon as yee see me getting on A little bit yee try knock me!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME OR ANYTING I DO I LIVE IN 75 ****** COME AND SAY IT TO ME!!!!!....YEE BETER HOPE I DONT FIND OUT WHO REPORTED ME FOR YER OWN GOOD BECAUSE I PROMISE ILL MAKE YEE PAY!!! ...But don't worrie YEE WONT KNOCK ME ILL MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER TINGS FROM THIS THATS A PROMISE....‪#‎WatchThisSpaceYaJealousBastard‬"

Finally seen one on my FB feed...some comments on this one too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

"The in laws I have is a pack of tramps no1 talks to dem der that bad never done bk biting ppm gbtm pity I wasn't a real egit for dem and sit with them all day dey died wen I got insured tought I was gonna brake up bernies car lol swear they bought it for him or it was a porche sickening people"

I really haven't a clue what this is about. Is someone dead or is it about car insurance? What the hell is "ppm gbtm" supposed to mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Danny_B wrote: »
    "This goes to the JEALOUS BASTARD In ****** DO I BUG YEE THAT MUCH THAT Yee sent the Cops and council Down to me today over me "cleaning the lane" and who do I tink I am to do such a ting And have a container there?!? Moral of the story here is I've to get My STABLES AND MY HORSES OUTA ***** THATS ITS A HOUSING ESTATE NOT AN EQUINE CENTER...I've being in here over 3yr with horses and not a word!!!! Soon as yee see me getting on A little bit yee try knock me!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME OR ANYTING I DO I LIVE IN 75 ****** COME AND SAY IT TO ME!!!!!....YEE BETER HOPE I DONT FIND OUT WHO REPORTED ME FOR YER OWN GOOD BECAUSE I PROMISE ILL MAKE YEE PAY!!! ...But don't worrie YEE WONT KNOCK ME ILL MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER TINGS FROM THIS THATS A PROMISE....‪#‎WatchThisSpaceYaJealousBastard‬"

Finally seen one on my FB feed...some comments on this one too..

It was good of YEE to post this :D

I'll have a go :

My in-laws are not the nicest people in the world, no one talks to them they are that bad. They seem to be never done back biting people. God bless them.

It's a pity I am not a real eejit for them, and sit there with them all day.

They died the day I finally got insured on the car, they thought I was going to break up Bernie's car.

Ha ha

You would swear that they bought it for him!

Or it was a Porsche!

Sickening people..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Come on Mothers with Daughters, the challenge is on! If you have a Daughter in your life who helps bring balance to your world, who is beautiful in every way and has a heart of gold Who plays hard and loves you more than anything, who makes you laugh but drives you crazy, who is your best friend and sometimes your only friend, who fills your rainy days with sunshine, who you want to achieve all her dreams, who you are thankful for and truly adore, let her have a moment and put this as your status x

Utter cringe. You know you could also have a moment by spending time with your daughter other than fishing for likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Loughc wrote: »
    Utter cringe. You know you could also have a moment by spending time with your daughter other than fishing for likes.

Just seen one of those now, had "Copy and paste this status and add a picture!" at the end of it. Here have a fishing rod, you will get more likes with it..fkn hate those statuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Loughc wrote: »

I feel the same about the "Copy and paste to show yer mammy you love her"

I think she'd prefer a phone call, especially since she doesn't have a Facebook.

Better yet, go visit her. Make her a cup of tea. Almost any gesture but copying and pasting some stupid status. At least write your own status about how much you appreciate your mam / dad / daughter / son / dog / aunt / pillowcase instead of just lazily copying and pasting someone else's writing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Blocking everyone who is posting this from my feed

BUT YOU DON'T LOOK SICK.
    It's a daily struggle feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside.
    Please put this as your status for at least 1 hour if you or someone you know has an 'invisible' illness.
    Lupus, Fibromyalgia, PCOS, Chronic Fatigue, APS, Diabetes, Crohns, Colitis, Arthritis, Kidney Disease, Epilepsy, MS, Depression, Bipolar, M.E, ASD, Anxiety, Cystic Fibrosis
    Copy and paste, don't share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

pc7 wrote: »

BUT YOU DON'T LOOK SICK.
    It's a daily struggle feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside.
    Please put this as your status for at least 1 hour if you or someone you know has an 'invisible' illness.
    Lupus, Fibromyalgia, PCOS, Chronic Fatigue, APS, Diabetes, Crohns, Colitis, Arthritis, Kidney Disease, Epilepsy, MS, Depression, Bipolar, M.E, ASD, Anxiety, Cystic Fibrosis

My invisible illness is the pain I have in my hole from constantly reading statuses like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'll have a go :

My in-laws are not the nicest people in the world, no one talks to them they are that bad. They seem to be never done back biting people. God bless them.

It's a pity I am not a real eejit for them, and sit there with them all day.

They died the day I finally got insured on the car, they thought I was going to break up Bernie's car.

Ha ha

You would swear that they bought it for him!

Or it was a Porsche!

Sickening people..
    Amazing!

I'm normally pretty good at translating gibberish but that really had me stumped.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pc7 wrote: »

BUT YOU DON'T LOOK SICK.
    Can you please ask them next time if that is the line up for some Brazilian football team?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Amazing!

I'm normally pretty good at translating gibberish but that really had me stumped.

Even with my translation, it still doesn't make much sense!

I look forward to more Driving Miss Daisy updates... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement