Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Oh sweet couch potato Jesus, make it stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Useful info for a burglar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I may have missed a couple.

On 29th April looks like they hopped in the car for the last 3 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

A rather liberal application of the term "working out".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

7 hrs · MapMyWalk
    ·

I'm working out with MapMyWalk. Current distance: 4.00mi, time elapsed: 01:06:38, current pace 16:38min/mi, current speed: 3.61mi/h.

Probably the app is set to auto-post all updates to FB - there is a good chance that the owner doesn't even know they are being posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah, don't leave it on a cliffhanger. What happened next!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Probably the app is set to auto-post all updates to FB - there is a good chance that the owner doesn't even know they are being posted.

True. But if you don't know how to use technology properly then don't ****ing use it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

For once in my life I can say am proud of myself I finish college which 5 yeArs ago i thought I'd never do happy and proud myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not so bad when it's Mapmywalk... not so good in other cases. Had a mate that was using an online dating site years ago and everytime he expressed interest in someone it came up on his Facebook timeline. He had stopped using Facebook at the time so hadn't a clue about the hundreds of updates being posted.

His good mates forgot to tell him for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"How de f*** can ppl eat tuna smells like fannys for f*** sake?"

"u crack me up tina tuna fannys woo woo"

"stop amy smella g** when i walked int the kitchen earlier and tomo was making sanwiches for the kids jesus i dry heaved"

"fukin disgustin.wats wrong with plain ol picnic ham"

"bitta hazlett wha"

"Jaysus hazlet!!!!!! n billy roll where can ya get these now do?"

"bleedin gorgeous amy i was addicted to billy roll used to layer 4 or 5 slices and absolutly drown it in red sauce between 2 slices batch. heaven. HEAVEN."

"U have the goo on me now ya sl**".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

fussyonion wrote: »
    "How de f*** can ppl eat tuna smells like fannys for f*** sake?"

"u crack me up tina tuna fannys woo woo"

Just curious. how does 'tina' know what f*nny smells like?

*or maybe I'm just naive*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Thank fcuk you got it because I was drawing a blank.

Fcuk = Feck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

coolhull wrote: »
    Just curious. how does 'tina' know what f*nny smells like?

*or maybe I'm just naive*

I'm guessing she had one of her own. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I'm guessing she had one of her own. ;)

And she bends over a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

endacl wrote: »
    Fcuk = Feck?

Either feck or f u c k. I just mix up the letters to stop this happening - ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Today we remember all babies born sleeping, or we've carried but never met, those we've held but couldn't take home, the ones that came home but didn't stay.
    Make this your profile status if you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a baby. The majority won't do it, because unlike cancer, miscarriage and still birth is still a taboo subject. Break the silence.
    In memory of all angles too perfect for earth ❤��❤��❤��❤�� ��❤️ and all the babies that are born sleeping or don't make it home. Hold finger down and copy and paste do not share!
    Please like if you've copied and posted on your timeline.

Today we remember all babies born sleeping, or we've carried but never met, those we've held but couldn't take home, the ones that came home but didn't stay.
    Make this your profile status if you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a baby. The majority won't do it, because unlike cancer, miscarriage and still birth is still a taboo subject. Break the silence.
    In memory of all angles too perfect for earth ❤��❤��❤��❤�� ��❤️ and all the babies that are born sleeping or don't make it home. Hold finger down and copy and paste do not share!
    Please like if you've copied and posted on your timeline

Hope I done that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What's with the 'do not share' sh*te?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I saw that this morning too frim some lad i used to work with...he never posts anything. Also this sh1te...copied verbatim. Im guessing nobody ever sees the bit at the bottom.

For my Catholic family & friends. Today begins the novena of the Virgin Mary of Fatima. Participate in the novena. It is quite a wonder worker. When you receive this message pray a Hail Mary and make your special request. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now, and at the hour of our death, Amen! [your request]. Please do not break the novena; copy and paste within the hour. Amen. The devotion to the Virgin Mary of Fatima is shared by millions worldwide - join us & make miracles happen. Amen
    Love
    Haha
    Wow
    Sad
    Angry
    C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Either feck or f u c k. I just mix up the letters to stop this happening - ****.

Ah but you can deactivate the word filter.

Fu­ck Sh­it Cu­nt

See?

retalivity wrote: »
    I saw that this morning too frim some lad i used to work with...he never posts anything. Also this sh1te...copied verbatim. Im guessing nobody ever sees the bit at the bottom.

For my Catholic family & friends. Today begins the novena of the Virgin Mary of Fatima. Participate in the novena. It is quite a wonder worker. When you receive this message pray a Hail Mary and make your special request. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now, and at the hour of our death, Amen! [your request]. Please do not break the novena; copy and paste within the hour. Amen. The devotion to the Virgin Mary of Fatima is shared by millions worldwide - join us & make miracles happen. Amen
    C

Why does he type the words of the Hail Mary? Surely his "Catholic family and friends" already know the words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I won't post the quote because by the time I'd edited out the swearing and racism, there'd be nothing left to post, but basically it seems that someone on my newsfeed this morning was NOT happy with the fact that Sadiq Khan had been elected as Mayor of DUBLIN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I won't post the quote because by the time I'd edited out the swearing and racism, there'd be nothing left to post, but basically it seems that someone on my newsfeed this morning was NOT happy with the fact that Sadiq Khan had been elected as Mayor of DUBLIN!!!

Ha ha that's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

What's with the 'do not share' sh*te?

I've been curious about this too. Surely if it's shared, the person can see how many people have been on their profile and thus miraculously inspired by their wonderful post.

Or maybe you can block shared posts so people won't see them and therefore the message isn't getting out as far.

Or maybe someone wrote that once because the effectiveness of the message/prayer/curse was lost if it was shared and then everyone thought it was a Thing and started doing it too. Like technologically-impaired lemmings.

I dunno. I'm a bit nonplussed.

Good one...

Photo of Monica Lewinsky with caption
    "I'm voting for Trump. The last Clinton left a bad taste in my mouth"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Samaris wrote: »
    I've been curious about this too. Surely if it's shared, the person can see how many people have been on their profile and thus miraculously inspired by their wonderful post.

Or maybe you can block shared posts so people won't see them and therefore the message isn't getting out as far.

Or maybe someone wrote that once because the effectiveness of the message/prayer/curse was lost if it was shared and then everyone thought it was a Thing and started doing it too. Like technologically-impaired lemmings.

I dunno. I'm a bit nonplussed.

Sharing is too mainstream, copy and paste is retro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

good man martain we were treated like dogs in school made out to be bold and kicked out wat piss,s me off is all the blacks and kids in this island a wet day wud never be trown out of school and im not being racist you seen alll of them in the best of schools and we were dropped like flys and can hardly look after ourself wit no school. it was that bad the teachers wud make fun of u in front of whole class our old school sudbe paying pay outs cause if it happened to any not irish it be racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Sharing doesn't get the message past the original's poster intended audience.

If mary posts a miracle prayer visible to all her friends, her friend John will see it

If john shares it, only Mary and John's mutual friends will see John's post

If John copies and pastes and posts it as visible to all his friends, all John's friends will see it.

Spam wants the largest audience it can get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

rawn wrote: »
    good man martain we were treated like dogs in school made out to be bold and kicked out wat piss,s me off is all the blacks and kids in this island a wet day wud never be trown out of school and im not being racist you seen alll of them in the best of schools and we were dropped like flys and can hardly look after ourself wit no school. it was that bad the teachers wud make fun of u in front of whole class our old school sudbe paying pay outs cause if it happened to any not irish it be racist

Maybe the black kids were smarter and knew about things like full stops and commas??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement