Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Just got school grant for uniforms for wains an was all buzzing cus I bout them from my own pocket the last 2 years. Then I hear (name removed)laughing her head off then says she had spent the last two grants treating herself out the town the brass neck on her. Time for payback lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Just got school grant for uniforms for wains an was all buzzing cus I bout them from my own pocket the last 2 years. Then I hear (name removed)laughing her head off then says she had spent the last two grants treating herself out the town the brass neck on her. Time for payback lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

never again will i host a communion party .
    sum ppl has the neck to put 20 euro in the cards
    when i specifally said the meal was 18 euro a head.
    the neck of dem, wont mention names
    dey know who the are
    hang yore heads in shame. ???????

like wtaf.:eek:
    this person is related to me, Im seriously thinking of doing a cull .

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

dollyk wrote: »
    dey know who the are
    hang yore heads in shame. ???????.

I didn't even know that you could 'specifically' tell the guests how much the meal that you ordered for them actually cost..
    ''The hostess with the mostest,'' eh? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm more perplexed and disturbed by this than anything else really. I know that it is each to their own in the grieving process, but this got me.

I'll paraphrase. A girl I was in college with posted that her husband passed away peacefully this morning. She also shared pictures of him, his parents and their kid as he lay in a hospital bed clearly in pain and clearly close to the end.

I know that they are special moments for a family, and that grief is a horrible thing. I just think it's a huge invasion of privacy to see the pictures and to see the poor man so sick.

Another example is a girl I was in school with was recently on holidays. Whilst away, her beloved relative passed away, and there was a huge discussion between all of the family members as to whether she should fly home for the funeral or stay and enjoy the holiday. I can see arguments for both sides here too, but I thought that the conversation should have been kept private.

And the endless photos of her enjoying herself and absolutely hammered having #bantsandlols and #bestniteever and the likes made me cringe a little.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Another example is a girl I was in school with was recently on holidays. Whilst away, her beloved relative passed away, and there was a huge discussion between all of the family members as to whether she should fly home for the funeral or stay and enjoy the holiday. I can see arguments for both sides here too, but I thought that the conversation should have been kept private.

And the endless photos of her enjoying herself and absolutely hammered having #bantsandlols and #bestniteever and the likes made me cringe a little.

Was she drinking everything alcoholic?

there also seems to be a trend of showing pics " public"
    of terminally ill children , I just think some things should be kept private.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

dey know who the are
    hang yore heads in shame. ???????

I think I found one of the people who put 20 euro in the card. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

€20>€18???

Or did she think she had to give €2 back to each lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

there also seems to be a trend of showing pics " public"
    of terminally ill children , I just think some things should be kept private.

Most if not all people should keep their entire life private.
    But then again... this thread wouldnt exist then.

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    €20>€18???

Or did she think she had to give €2 back to each lol

I'm wondering did she expect them to pay the meal and give a generous donation to the child on top of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm wondering did she expect them to pay the meal and give a generous donation to the child on top of that
    That's what I got from it - that she wanted the meal paid for AND a present.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dont!! then we wont get the updates! take one for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think it would not be lost in the stingy thread either.

Basically stating that people who only gave 20 are going to have 18 removed to pay for the meal and the child will only get €2 towards their communion money! :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »

Yes it seems that she expected at least 50 in every card,
    or offer to pay for your own meal and put 20 in the card.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

The money is for the child, surely, so what's the deal? Unless the kid paid for the meals or the parent is taking the €20 in lieu, there should be no issue.

:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I actually a bit troubled, we've a communion kid visiting us this weekend, I was only going to give them €20. Really felt that's enough for an 8 year old.

When I was 8 £20 was like winning the lotto.

The pure amount of sweets I could buy with it.

sheep? wrote: »

Aw man, stinger bars, meanies, fizzy jellies, golf ball chewing gums, kola cubes, my teeth are aching just thinking about it :D

>_>

I'm going to tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sheep? wrote: »

In my day we'd get two and sixpence, but we weren't allowed to spend it because we had to save that money for our sisters' dowries. We'd just roll the coins around and play games with them and we were glad of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

pc7 wrote: »
    I actually a bit troubled, we've a communion kid visiting us this weekend, I was only going to give them €20. Really felt that's enough for an 8 year old.

Tell them to pick up an €18 Chinese on the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

€20 is grand. Just make the fücker dance for the money or something. Can't be giving them the moola for nothing. It's time to learn them proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,605 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I always laugh at people who put up images of propaganda ****e

' enda Kenny we didn't vote for you , the citizens of Ireland are coming for you BE AFRAID'

Some people who put this type of crap up have learning difficulties so with all the state help there getting why are they so angry ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

€20 is perfect for a non immidiate family member.
    I give €50 to niece and nephew when they made theirs but then again there was only the two and not many aunts/uncles etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

PTH2009 wrote: »

' enda Kenny we didn't vote for you , the citizens of Ireland are coming for you BE AFRAID'

Some people who put this type of crap up have learning difficulties so with all the state help there getting why are they so angry ???

*they're

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

PTH2009 wrote: »

Between these people and the anti-water charges crap, I've unfollowed so many people over that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

"I want to wish my best little man a big happy 8th birthday were have the years gone ..... your growing up so fast love you to bits ..... nuting will ever happen you were I am ..... can't wait to see you making you commuion on Saturday love you baby boy xxxxxxx"

Family eh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Danny_B wrote: »
    "I want to wish my best little man a big happy 8th birthday were have the years gone ..... your growing up so fast love you to bits ..... nuting will ever happen you were I am ..... can't wait to see you making you commuion on Saturday love you baby boy xxxxxxx"

Family eh....

Will someone please lern her more betterer english plz.

The eight year old would have a better go at writing that post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Liked by a friend on LinkedIn, which makes it even more bizarre than FB
    MY WIFE LOST HER BATTLE WITH CANCER ON SUNDAY [2014 date] - to all our friends; I share this news with the saddest heart imaginable. The love of my life has passed away from Cancer. She was the best friend I ever had and the best person I ever have had the privilege to know. Life will never be the same without her. In honor of her and the TREMENDOUS fight she gave…please lets gets as many likes as we can for her.
    [her name] I love you and miss you wife, lover and best friend.

Your husband - [his name]

I actually don't mind seen people going through family or even pet bereavements on FB, as FB is part of how we engage with the world socially now. But asking for likes? That's just tacky....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement