Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Liked by a friend on LinkedIn, which makes it even more bizarre than FB

I actually don't mind seen people going through family or even pet bereavements on FB, as FB is part of how we engage with the world socially now. But asking for likes? That's just tacky....

Agreed. Read the post thinking "Ah here they're just grieving let them grieve however they... wait a fcuking second, who the fcuk uses the death of a loved one to whore for likes?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

JustShon wrote: »
    Agreed. Read the post thinking "Ah here they're just grieving let them grieve however they... wait a fcuking second, who the fcuk uses the death of a loved one to whore for likes?!"

If you get a million likes, Jesus will resurrect your loved one. Tbf, considering this was started in 2014, you're starting to get into zombie territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

"****ing council are useless waiting a long time for a poxy house and other people getting a place before me and i with a 8 month old child getting very angry at this stage i sent ye in what ye needed and ye seen where i do sleep so what the **** ye going to do about it need a house for me and my little man what do i do now im sick of ****ing waiting and nothing been done i tell ya ****ing useless ***** and as for the TDs in offaly area they wouldnt do nothing for ya either sick of it at this stage i did everything they asked me u would be waiting on accomandation in this poxy town anyway rant over"

Same person....

"Works at not yet working I am still studying and full time mammy to my little man"

"Birthday 12 November 1986"

"In a relationship"

So you're nearly 30, have never worked, have a partner who can't provide for you.....but somehow it's actually the council who are the 'useless *****'

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭claregal1

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm more perplexed and disturbed by this than anything else really. I know that it is each to their own in the grieving process, but this got me.

I'll paraphrase. A girl I was in college with posted that her husband passed away peacefully this morning. She also shared pictures of him, his parents and their kid as he lay in a hospital bed clearly in pain and clearly close to the end.

I know that they are special moments for a family, and that grief is a horrible thing. I just think it's a huge invasion of privacy to see the pictures and to see the poor man so sick.

Another example is a girl I was in school with was recently on holidays. Whilst away, her beloved relative passed away, and there was a huge discussion between all of the family members as to whether she should fly home for the funeral or stay and enjoy the holiday. I can see arguments for both sides here too, but I thought that the conversation should have been kept private.

And the endless photos of her enjoying herself and absolutely hammered having #bantsandlols and #bestniteever and the likes made me cringe a little.

A girl I know , I'm not friends with her on FB , had to remove her as some of the stuff she was putting up was driving me absolutely nuts- Anyways her Mother passed away and she got someone to video the funeral leaving the church and put it up on FB with the caption - Mam on her way ..... shocking is there nothing private any more - I just can't get over in your time of grief that you would think of videoing something like that and hours later posting it on fb ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Anne Boleyn died on this day in 1536. RIP.

From an acquaintance who is absolutely obsessed with Anne Boleyn. She also included a long extract from a 16th-century account of Boleyn's death. Bordering on the creepy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

"****ing council are useless waiting a long time for a poxy house and other people getting a place before me and i with a 8 month old child getting very angry at this stage i sent ye in what ye needed and ye seen where i do sleep so what the **** ye going to do about it need a house for me and my little man what do i do now im sick of ****ing waiting and nothing been done i tell ya ****ing useless ***** and as for the TDs in offaly area they wouldnt do nothing for ya either sick of it at this stage i did everything they asked me u would be waiting on accomandation in this poxy town anyway rant over"

Same person....

"Works at not yet working I am still studying and full time mammy to my little man"

"Birthday 12 November 1986"

"In a relationship"

So you're nearly 30, have never worked, have a partner who can't provide for you.....but somehow it's actually the council who are the 'useless *****'

Ok, I'm just going to break down your outrage into righteous and unrighteous parts (IMO).

Unrighteous:
    A) "In a relationship" does not mean she lives with someone, nor does it mean that this is the child's father, nor does it mean he should "provide" for her.
    B) Just because she is either uneducated enough or too young to note that being a single parent is actually work, doesn't mean she is a useless member of society.
    C) Not sure why D.O.B. is anything to have a go at, so I'm sticking it in this section.

Righteous:
    A) OK, you're good with legitimately sneering at the whinging about the lack of council accommodation. Go for it. I'm with ya there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

A certain friend keeps sending me Facebook pm's. You know those ones like chain letters. It goes something like;

"You are a great person. You are so great. Send this to 10 other friends who are great or you won't be so great anymore. I know I won't get one back :("

It's like phoney flattery, then giving me some pointless task to spread the phoneyness or else and worst of all, basically asking me to compliment them back by guilt tripping reverse psychology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

pc7 wrote: »
    I actually a bit troubled, we've a communion kid visiting us this weekend, I was only going to give them €20. Really felt that's enough for an 8 year old.

Yea thats fine . Just DONT eat any food lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36348013

So this is the biggest live facebook video ever :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry - are people fúcking IDIOTS or what ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

So this is the biggest live facebook video ever :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh c'mon, it's contagious as fk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

But you watched it , you helped make it so !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any1 no were I can get J*****'s medicle card number. Rang dr but f*cker not ansern.

It's 11.30 on a saturday night. What does she expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Worse things in the world tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Somebody whose opinion I actually respect posted it so I started watching with the hope that it would be funny or something. I ended up kind of depressed, and definitely weary... and also a small bit frightened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

endacl wrote: »

You either need glasses or you're just a bit of a... meanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

rawn wrote: »
    You either need glasses or you're just a bit of a... meanie.

As a long time spectacle wearer, I'll have to admit to being a bit of a meanie.

:(

As a long time spectacle wearer, I'll have to admit to being a bit of a meanie.

:(

Probably misses his old glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

I thought that lady in the mask was very funny.
    Enough crap sad stuff, always room for a silly mother :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

dollyk wrote: »
    Yea thats fine . Just DONT eat any food lol.

They are coming to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

That's just mean and if posted on Facebook, it would have people rushing here to give out about the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Girls duble duvet cover and piller cases.

On a free to a good home facebook page, this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Girls duble duvet cover and piller cases.

On a free to a good home facebook page, this morning.

And yet they spell duvet correctly!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I just logged onto Facebook there. A guy I'm facebookfriends with was away at a wedding over the weekend and has started posting stuff. Instead of creating one album of photos and uploading them at once, in the past 24 hours he's updated 35 times. A handful of pictures at a time with an essay accompanying each one. Which I'm sure might be appreciated by the people at the wedding but my entire feed is filled.

Spamming social media fields should deserve a shunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Where in Wexford could I buy paint for my house? "

Well, I've thought long and hard about this, and the only place I can think of is, maybe, a paint shop? I know it's a long shot, but it might just work......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"Be careful who you bully challenge. Post two pictures, an older photo and a recent photo. Just never let anyone put your confidence down and make you feel worthless. Copy and paste and share your transformation now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

coolhull wrote: »
    "Where in Wexford could I buy paint for my house? "

Well, I've thought long and hard about this, and the only place I can think of is, maybe, a paint shop? I know it's a long shot, but it might just work......

Someone's attempt at being funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I really get annoyed when people react badly to a persons opinion they don't like, even if the opinion isn't mine either. I feel like getting involved and saying something to them and pointing out they're making themselves look like a complete a*** by reacting that way, but then I realise it's not my problem and would only make me look bad and things worse, so I take a step back and try and forget about it, which sometimes isn't easy because I'm seething inside, but you have to for your own sanity.

At least the spelling is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not from facebook, but it belongs here I think.

Was looking at some place on booking.com, and one of the reviews, under bad points was:
    It's family run and it is rather odd to see the owners serve guests.

Owners of family run b&b serving guests. How odd:rolleyes:

He did complain about lack of lights outside,too, which made it invisible despite having a sat-nav - fair enough:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

*facepalm*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement