Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

As variants on Muhammad goes, I kinda like Mahamada as a name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Samaris wrote: »

Picture the scene in a few years time in a housing estate...

com'ere Mahamada, Yer tea is ready.

Oh, Mahamada, that's an unusual name?

Yeah, he was named after that boxing fella, ye know yer man Mahamada Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

anewme wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised by some of the poor communication that I come across in business from very senior people.

Lots of.....there instead of their....could of instead of could have and some of it from senior people, some would be on six figure salaries. Text speak is responsible. We've a person who is barred from sending out the Residents Association Newsletter (it would end up being a Mahamada Lee type gibberish newsletter) one issued out under their own steam and it was the talk of the village for months.

That said, I love when it's so stupid, it's hilarious, more so when you know the person actually thinks that there is a person called Mahamada Lee. I'm saying it to myself over and over getting great mileage out of it.
    We used to get newsletters from the "Residense Association".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Samaris wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

sligojoek wrote: »
    We used to get newsletters from the "Residense Association".

What a great Freudian slip. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

What a great Freudian slip. :pac:

Our newsletter started as The Residents Association but there's a new secretary this year and she has corrected it to The Residence Association. She's a clerical officer in the civil service.

Our newsletter started as The Residents Association but there's a new secretary this year and she has corrected it to The Residence Association. She's a clerical officer in the civil service.

We had signs made and put up all over the estate ..Residence Fees due...best bit on the Newsletter...please pay yisser grass moneys....

My good friend J/C XXXXXX

Accompanied by a photo showing a picture of Jesus (sacred heart picture)
    In the Fireplace.
    Covered by a Fireguard.

Lots of wow, that is luvvley Hun comments
    One dissenter: No Offence meant,But I Would Not stick it in the Fireplace John....Now,Do Not get Vexed

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

"So happi for my prince who gradudateded from montesuurey yesterday cant beleieve skull starts for you in September actuaully bawling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hope the child can spell better than the mother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

ofcork wrote: »
    Hope the child can spell better than the mother!

The child can count to 100 and spell their own name haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

spud82 wrote: »
    "So happi for my prince who gradudateded from montesuurey yesterday cant beleieve skull starts for you in September actuaully bawling!
    I'm just impressed they spelled bawling correctly.

Anyway..... hope they have a separate cake to ruin for Magaggie's birthday/gradudatshun from montesuurey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

"Neighbour is having a massive bomb fire again! Friends and I have had to retreat inside on another lovely evening."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"so prouda al uv my kids on der graduashun from (name of) cresh dey'll all do so gud wen dey start in de primry prouda myself two for bein da one ta stard dem on der jurney true educashen"

I actually wish it was a joke, but this was a status that came up on my newsfeed from a lady who works in a creche. I actually really worry about where we're sending our children when it comes to their first steps towards education.

If anybody remembers my "**** zoo shoe wow wow" post from a few pages back, this is the same lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Fieldog wrote: »

This made me laugh so much :D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Lovely dinner with the family at home this evening.

She posted that inanity, then in the following hour (presumably while enjoying the 'lovely dinner'), posted the results of about six quizzes and 'liked' a half-dozen pages, all of which popped into my feed. Eh, put the phone down & actually enjoy the dinner if it's so great?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He still seems a bit upset today about Muhammad Ali :

http://i.imgur.com/1P8V4e7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

His words are "umbeleevalbel" too, different end of the scale though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    His words are "umbeleevalbel" too, different end of the scale though.

Tink "Deep" about that for a second ... ;)

Surely you mean Mahamada Lee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

One doesn't have a lot of people with whom you can count on... But everyone says: " if you need anything, don't hesitate, I'll be there for you... So I'm going to make this bet, without being pessimistic, I wish more of you "my friends" put this on their wall, you just have to copy (not share)!!! I want to know who I can count on... And I'm sure it will be less than 5. Copy and paste on your wall

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

"

If anybody remembers my "**** zoo shoe wow wow" post from a few pages back, this is the same lady.

Never ever unfollow this person!

Two today:

One friend of a friend posted 35 photos from the Forbidden Fruit festival at the weekend. About 33 of them are her pulling the exact same duckface pose, sometimes alone and sometimes in a group. Then the last two photos were clearly taken when she was a bit worse for wear later in the night as she's hanging off the arm of some fella and forgets the duckface :pac:

Second one:
    EXAM CANDLE LIT ,
    Please pass it on ,
    Blessings :)

With a picture of a candle. I can guarantee that the person who shared this on my feed would never think to actually go into a church to light a candle...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

An ad for this popped up on my feed yesterday
    https://www.mysocialbook.com/

Edited so no one feels obliged to click the link - it's a BOOK! of your facebook timeline!!!!!

I'm tempted to order some of my "friends'" statuses and smack them over the head with what would be the equivalent of a phone book full of their minions quotes, wine o'clock sh1tery and vaguebooking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

stinkle wrote: »
    An ad for this popped up on my feed yesterday
    https://www.mysocialbook.com/

Edited so no one feels obliged to click the link - it's a BOOK! of your facebook timeline!!!!!

I'm tempted to order some of my "friends'" statuses and smack them over the head with what would be the equivalent of a phone book full of their minions quotes, wine o'clock sh1tery and vaguebooking

WE NEED TO CREATE ONE FOR THIS THREAD.

A rare intervention from Twitter - spotted the 'UKIP Spain' twitter account today.

Description: Unofficial ex-pat UKIP group. Patriotic common-sensists we know what is right. Give us back are country! #voteleave

EDIT: have just realised it's a parody account :D However, it is excellently done and worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

"Please ‪#‎donateblood‬ if you are able to. Don't leave it for someone else to do. Don't wait. Call today to book an appointment.
    It saves lives."

Accompanied by a screenshot of the booked appointment and a photo of a cotton bud plastered to his arm.

I mean, I fully agree with the sentiment, but the 'proof' images reeked of thankwhoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"

When the one with the plastic looking face is on about people buying clothes off the internet and they sud be ashamed for buying them but yet her and all her fambos is posing in the €5 ralph lauren polo shirts??👌😂🙈 bitch please **** off and take a few soup injections for urself ur a bad need for them 👌👌💯 now sit the **** down tin foil face 👌🔫

"

Not sure who she is on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I'm not sure what she's on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Someone posting about how great it is to donate her hair to the UK Princess Trust with a billion photos of her with long hair, none of shortened hair.

If you are going to donate anything to charity maybe do it quietly and not into a bragging contest?

Then again it may raise awareness and others may donate but I am in a grumpy mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement