Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

failinis wrote: »
    Someone posting about how great it is to donate her hair to the UK Princess Trust with a billion photos of her with long hair, none of shortened hair.

If you are going to donate anything to charity maybe do it quietly and not into a bragging contest?

Then again it may raise awareness and others may donate but I am in a grumpy mood.

In fairness if that's the charity I'm thinking of they very much prod people to do that and tag the charity's page and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

In fairness if that's the charity I'm thinking of they very much prod people to do that and tag the charity's page and stuff

Well she never tagged the charity or anything and knowing her its not out of the kindness of her heart, all about how cute she is with a pixie cut and one sentence about donating it.

But yeah, it can show awareness and all that so its just my cynical mood :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Here we go

https://www.facebook.com/highwaypolicepakistan/photos/a.407439279293874.79814.139318729439265/1055122731192189/?type=3&theater

Shared on my page. She clearly didn't bother to read the comments or you know, think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

"Lads can yis say a prayer 2 Seint Anthonny as Ive lost my jewwllery and my weeding rings. Telpis us he'll kill me lol"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

spud82 wrote: »
    "Lads can yis say a prayer 2 Seint Anthonny as Ive lost my jewwllery and my weeding rings. Telpis us he'll kill me lol"
    He's more likely to kill her on account of her dodgy spelling. I bet he's sorry now that he went through with the "weeding '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

India foxtrot. Yankee oscar uniform. Charlie alpha november. Uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta. Tango hotel india sierra. Charlie oscar papa yankee. Alpha november delta. Papa alpha sierra tango echo. Tango oscar. Yankee oscar uniform romeo. Sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra. (In honor of all armed forces wherever they may be) - Lets see who gets it and follows the instructions

Followed by a comment saying.......Dont know how to copy and paste I will just share it

Well isn't she great for sharing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

India foxtrot. Yankee oscar uniform. Charlie alpha november. Uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta. Tango hotel india sierra. Charlie oscar papa yankee. Alpha november delta. Papa alpha sierra tango echo. Tango oscar. Yankee oscar uniform romeo. Sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra. (In honor of all armed forces wherever they may be) - Lets see who gets it and follows the instructions

Followed by a comment saying.......Dont know how to copy and paste I will just share it

I'm distracted from how annoying that status is because I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that a real life grown up person doesn't know how to copy and paste, so I'm grateful to her for that

All these statuses asking for friends ( you know who you are, your real friends) to copy and paste this garbage wind me up no end! Really idiotic stuff and the people that share these are normally people just begging for attention and trying to come across as a nice person so hard that it's just f'ing pathetic! Attention whores!

I'm distracted from how annoying that status is because I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that a real life grown up person doesn't know how to copy and paste, so I'm grateful to her for that

I know it's bad not being capable of a copy and paste but I'm definitely more annoyed that she needed to post in the comments that she was such a great person and in spite of her limited computer knowledge she will still pass it on, truly selfless act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

If you can understand this copy and paste to your status.(In honor of all armed forces wherever they may be) - Lets see who gets it and follows the instructions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

failinis wrote: »
    Someone posting about how great it is to donate her hair to the UK Princess Trust with a billion photos of her with long hair, none of shortened hair.

If you are going to donate anything to charity maybe do it quietly and not into a bragging contest?

Then again it may raise awareness and others may donate but I am in a grumpy mood.

I'm planning to donate my hair, but I wouldn't dream of posting about it on Facebook. I'm not sure it really is about awareness unusual they are trying to raise money and even then. I do tell people but only because I worry that my really long, unstyled hair makes me look scruffy so I kind of feel the need to explain myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Please copy and paste this to your status if you're constantly being asked to copy and paste things to your status by people who copy and paste things to their statuses. Many people won't copy and paste this, but my truly sarcastic friends will copy and paste it because they're sarcastic by nature. If you don't copy and paste it, then this means you hate bacon (or bac'n). And if you hate bacon (bac'n), the terrorists win, and a unicorn dies. Possibly kittens as well. And occasionally baby goats. But never dragons. Because dragons never die. Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Shannon757 wrote: »
    If you can understand this copy and paste to your status.(In honor of all armed forces wherever they may be) - Lets see who gets it and follows the instructions

I'd love it if they wasted even more time converting that bolded part to the NATO alphabet too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Do you know that feeling when you're having a tough time in the bathroom and after about 20 minute's you hear Ashford & Simpson in your head belting out!....."Solid!.."Solid as a rock'! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

It's official Signed at 10:33. It's even passed on TV. Facebook will start charging this summer. If you copy this to your wall your icon will turn blue and your Facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message, if not your icon will be deleted.
    P.S. this is serious, the icon will turn blue

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The dodgy Aldi €250 vouchers are back, complete with American expiration date format (06/30/2016) 'for instore use only'. I mean, where to begin with the problems - it's a real idiot identifier!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

dee_mc wrote: »
    The dodgy Aldi €250 vouchers are back, complete with American expiration date format (06/30/2016) 'for instore use only'. I mean, where to begin with the problems - it's a real idiot identifier!

Someone I was in school with set up a group with God Bless and good luck and than this "voucher"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Charlie Uniform November Tango

This

Take away game of thrones with the most beautiful wife to be ‪#‎heaven‬# love you

Followed by

Love you xx thank you for today xx the best hubby a girl could ask for xxx

No doubt typed as they sat beside each other on their couch! I cringed hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

"anybody thinking of putting your child in scoil mhuire this year pls think very carefully below is a couple of videos of how the will treat you if you don't play by there rules if it wasn't for the parents association in the school I doubt the children would have fun it's sad to see a once great school being been run into the ground buy a horrible so called principle and her minions the principal excuse for her behaviour is she had a stressful weeknd more videos to follow thanks to Mrs Slavoni and her minions"

Comments underneath include,
    "****ing bastereds arent they"
    "Power Tripers"

I thought kids loved Minions?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

"anybody thinking of putting your child in scoil mhuire this year pls think very carefully below is a couple of videos of how the will treat you if you don't play by there rules if it wasn't for the parents association in the school I doubt the children would have fun it's sad to see a once great school being been run into the ground buy a horrible so called principle and her minions the principal excuse for her behaviour is she had a stressful weeknd more videos to follow thanks to Mrs Slavoni and her minions"

Comments underneath include,
    "****ing bastereds arent they"
    "Power Tripers"

I thought kids loved Minions?

What's in the videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's in the videos?

Little yellow dudes. They look a bit like the containers inside kinder eggs. Hundreds of the little feckers. They're holding the children down and tickling the soles if their feet until they puke. While the principle looks on and laughs maniacally.

Terrible stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Dear God, please kill all cancer cells and tumors in all who suffer, and don't let them return. Send them to the Pit, they are not of you. Thank you, Jesus...." Type Amen and share

Well, that's the cancer problem solved. Now, any other difficulties s in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Photo of a bloke sitting at a wooden dining table with a salt cellar on the table plus a drawing on the table made out of spilled salt. Accompanied by the commentary underneath
    7 Years of bad luck if you don't Like and comment Amen......

Underneath There's 55,000 Amens��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Jus given erry1 ah fayre warnen.......all da a/c's aar bein cloned. u r profiler nd ur naim ar bein use two create a new faycebuk a/c an dey want ur frendz two ad dem, ur frendz tink it u nd except... frum this moment, de pirates can rite wat dey want under ur naim...nd I want u two noe I hav noe plan two open ah knew a/c soooooooo pleees do not except two ah 2nd reqest from me.....
    Holde ur tumb down on the text nd copie dis than paste to your status

Be careful folks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

de pirates can rite wat dey want under ur naim
    Like something coherent or legible? Imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Jus given erry1 ah fayre warnen.......all da a/c's aar bein cloned. u r profiler nd ur naim ar bein use two create a new faycebuk a/c an dey want ur frendz two ad dem, ur frendz tink it u nd except... frum this moment, de pirates can rite wat dey want under ur naim...nd I want u two noe I hav noe plan two open ah knew a/c soooooooo pleees do not except two ah 2nd reqest from me.....

The perpetrator got 30.21% of their words right there. Even by Facebook - sorry, faycebuk standards, that's pretty awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Samaris wrote: »

The perpetrator got 30.21% of their words right there. Even by Facebook - sorry, faycebuk standards, that's pretty awful.

The consistent 'two' instead of '2' is very surprising! (Despite the obvious misuse of the word)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

sheep? wrote: »
    The consistent 'two' instead of '2' is very surprising! (Despite the obvious misuse of the word)

Yeah, it was a bit! I was impressed they spelled "paste", "pirates" and "cloned" right, and used a capital for I, given they misspelled "a"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Again, not FB... A free grand piano on adverts produced this gem:

"I would love this for my thureteen year old duater it would be a lovely oppertunity for her and were just after moving we would have a lovly place for it .and it would be loved and charished for ever.i my self allway wanted a peaino it would be a dream come true.and can colet anytime at your convenints.amilion thank yous."

http://www.adverts.ie/pianos/john-broadwood-boudoir-1908-grand-piano-free/10720215

And further down the page...

"Hi my name is andy. My wife and duather has commented on your peanio. i have agreead to colet it any time becouse ino it would make them verry verry happy.we live in the country side can be verry quiet some times ino this well loved peanio would warm or harts to here my little girl play this peanio.
    thank you"

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement