Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Reading some Facebook comments about Brexit and one person is genuinely worried that if they vote to leave the EU, the Eurovision might not be on TV in the UK any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Reading some Facebook comments about Brexit and one person is genuinely worried that if they vote to leave the EU, the Eurovision might not be on TV in the UK any more.

That would be an unexpected benefit to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just spotted this on my news feed. Former work colleague who was never the sharpest knife in the drawer . . .

"f**k da brits n der votin 2day ye're not gettin bak da 26 countes so ye can f**k off shower of c***s vote no to da brits taken us bak.

I don't know where to even start with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Just spotted this on my news feed. Former work colleague who was never the sharpest knife in the drawer . . .

"f**k da brits n der votin 2day ye're not gettin bak da 26 countes so ye can f**k off shower of c***s vote no to da brits taken us bak.

I don't know where to even start with that one!

Some people should apparently not be exposed to the news. It's only going to upset them when they can't interpret it even nearly correctly.

Wonder if he's upset he's not gotten his voting card yet too? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My birthday is tomorrow and i have INTENTIONALLY DISABLED postings and messages on my Facebook Timeline as of today.
    No matter how much we adore our virtual and real friends ... We are slaves to these fBook notifications and the need to Like Everything. For my birthday, i want to spend as little time as possible looking at this silly computer screen (which is nonetheless so necessary in modern life). The most simple & lovely gift is to NOT send a message! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING B-)

Obvs fishing for birthday likes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

nikpmup wrote: »
    My birthday is tomorrow and i have INTENTIONALLY DISABLED postings and messages on my Facebook Timeline as of today.
    No matter how much we adore our virtual and real friends ... We are slaves to these fBook notifications and the need to Like Everything. For my birthday, i want to spend as little time as possible looking at this silly computer screen (which is nonetheless so necessary in modern life). The most simple & lovely gift is to NOT send a message! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING B-)

Obvs fishing for birthday likes :D

Is his name Wayne Kerr?

Is his name Wayne Kerr?

No, it's a dj's page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

No, it's a dj's page

Ha!!! Say the name above more slowly Wayne Kerr (wan ker)

racso1975 wrote: »
    Ha!!! Say the name above more slowly Wayne Kerr (wan ker)

I'm rolling eyes at myself, head not the sharpest today :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

spud82 wrote: »
    " Lads what is COYBIG meaning!!!"

I wish I was joking :(

Not sure what the joke is. This is just jargon. If you haven't come across the acronym before, it's perfectly natural to not know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not sure what the joke is. This is just jargon. If you haven't come across the acronym before, it's perfectly natural to not know it.

Well yeah but, like, Google and stuff?
    If you don't understand an acronym surely the first port of call is to check it yourself (like I had to a few months back, quite perplexed!), not ask Facebook what it means?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

'anyone know the number for the chinese down town' or 'anyone know what time the post office closes at' are another two you see alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

"Whats numerr 4 Borzee Chipperrr in Tallaght fruiends pls xx"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Whats numerr 4 Borzee Chipperrr in Tallaght fruiends pls xx"
    Probably wants to ring and ask the score of last night's match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

A local hunzo down here posts " lookin for a car for about 500 with a bitta tax and a bitta NCT . Tanx" very regularly.
    For her cars are sort of disposable. I think she starts saving 20 or 30 euros a week and round about the time it needs to be taxed or needs new tires or God forbid NCT she has enough gathered up for another car.
    In a way it may be a sensible approach in that she's not shelling out €5/6000 for something that needs endless work done on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

lov u mii puddy pie #boyf #love #cute #couple #myboi

Puddy Pie :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Because life is not made only of photos! I also liked the idea.. And I'm going to get into the game. The game is called "shake" the Facebook. Let's see if it works. The idea is to see who reads a post when there isn't a picture. So, if you are reading this message, make a comment using a single word about how we met. Just one word, please. Next, copy this message on your wall so I can also leave a word. Just hold your finger on this text. Touch the word copy. Go to your page & hold your finger where you write. Then touch on "paste" when it shows up. That's it!

Cue replies of 'family' and 'school'. Riveting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

dee_mc wrote: »
    Because life is not made only of photos! I also liked the idea.. And I'm going to get into the game. The game is called "shake" the Facebook. Let's see if it works. The idea is to see who reads a post when there isn't a picture. So, if you are reading this message, make a comment using a single word about how we met. Just one word, please. Next, copy this message on your wall so I can also leave a word. Just hold your finger on this text. Touch the word copy. Go to your page & hold your finger where you write. Then touch on "paste" when it shows up. That's it!

Go on. make your comment. Brothel? Asylum? 'The Unit'?

See what happens.

:D

I really hate the pathetically simple instructions on How To Copy And Paste My Message crap.

Everyone knows how to do it. If your "friends" aren't c/ping your posts, it's because they think they are banal, dumb and uninteresting, not because they don't know how to copy and paste, dammit!!

grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

endacl wrote: »
    Go on. make your comment. Brothel? Asylum? 'The Unit'?

See what happens.

:D

YES!!

Other suggestions:

Backseat

Jail

Alley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cosmetic Surgeon.

Should lead to some follow up questons

Brothel

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Also annoys me how the instructions assumes everyone is using a phone or tablet

Fair enough most are but I still prefer using a laptop to browse the internet at home, don't think that makes me a luddite (not being on facebook probably makes me a luddite these days but has improved my general mood)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

There's this guy I'm friends with on Facebook that's from Northern Ireland. 100% British, would never refer to himself as Irish, would be offended if you made the mistake to call him Irish. And always ranting on in his status on various British political issues. But each to his own

Today after the Brexit vote he posts a picture of his application form for an Irish passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

There's a page called RTEnonews, I suggest everyone looks it up right now. Am I allowed to post links to public pages? I'm gonna do it. plz don't ban me

https://www.facebook.com/1578151519081680/photos/a.1581892698707562.1073741829.1578151519081680/1766781873551976/?type=3&theater

rawn wrote: »
    There's a page called RTEnonews, I suggest everyone looks it up right now. Am I allowed to post links to public pages? I'm gonna do it. plz don't ban me

https://www.facebook.com/1578151519081680/photos/a.1581892698707562.1073741829.1578151519081680/1766781873551976/?type=3&theater

Some collection of charmers commenting on that pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Some collection of charmers commenting on that pic!

People are mean spirited sometimes:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,030 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

A local hunzo down here posts " lookin for a car for about 500 with a bitta tax and a bitta NCT . Tanx" very regularly.
    For her cars are sort of disposable. I think she starts saving 20 or 30 euros a week and round about the time it needs to be taxed or needs new tires or God forbid NCT she has enough gathered up for another car.
    In a way it may be a sensible approach in that she's not shelling out €5/6000 for something that needs endless work done on it

Bangernomics, there's a massive thread dedicated to it over on the Motors forum

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/575025/389813.JPG

Among the 2.4k posts were gems like : ''Aladdin's Cave'', ''Pussy Galore'', ''The Way Ahead'' and ''The Way to Hell''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Also annoys me how the instructions assumes everyone is using a phone or tablet

Fair enough most are but I still prefer using a laptop to browse the internet at home, don't think that makes me a luddite (not being on facebook probably makes me a luddite these days but has improved my general mood)

When I read the post I thought for a moment that the "place your finger" part was some pseudospiritual guff about sending vibes through the screen or something.

I hope some of the people reading the original post on Facebook thought the same and are currently holding their finger against the laptop screen and wondering how long it will take for the vibes to get through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement