Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Does that not makes it more expensive per song?
    Was 58c now 62c!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh I feel a bit mean, is it a real page? If so does he have 'a difference' as Joe on de LiveLahnnnnnn would say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I Swear To God Girls On This Is So Judge Mental Its Nottn Got To Do With Any1 What Other Ppl Wants Too Wear If They Want Too Go Around Dressed Like A Tramp Or All Dressed Up Or Even In Facted Go Around Naked No1 Shud Judge Them Its What They Feel Comfortable Nd Confident In This World Wud Be Great If Ppl Didn't Pass Ahead In What Other Ppl Wears Or Does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I Swear To God Girls On This Is So Judge Mental Its Nottn Got To Do With Any1 What Other Ppl Wants Too Wear If They Want Too Go Around Dressed Like A Tramp Or All Dressed Up Or Even In Facted Go Around Naked No1 Shud Judge Them Its What They Feel Comfortable Nd Confident In This World Wud Be Great If Ppl Didn't Pass Ahead In What Other Ppl Wears Or Does

That's an instant unfriending in my book unfortunately, the caps at the start of every letter would have me leaping off a cliff in no time ...

Bad enough you get the fruitys doing it here, but neither are as bad as posters on here who sign off with their username, I ****ing hate them...

Fieldog

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is starting to get series.

"This is serrrriiiiiiiiiiiies, are you dinking bou you or usssssssss"

Please God let there be a version of Think Twice on that album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The juice plus/aloe vera/berry tablet crowd are using the hashtag #jointhemovement

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Lucyfur wrote: »
    The juice plus/aloe vera/berry tablet crowd are using the hashtag #jointhemovement

Great!
    I can search for that hashtag on FB and if it shows up on from any friends, it's an insta-block :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Good for the bowels is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Judge Mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

inforfun wrote: »
    Judge Mental.

You don't want to be meeting him in the Circuit Court. Comes down on you like a ton of bricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

inforfun wrote: »
    Judge Mental.

If you thought Dredd's bad, then gods have mercy on your soul if you're facing him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

kitten_k wrote: »
    Unfriend Me If I'm Wrong!!!! But All of us have a thousand wishes. To be thinner, to be bigger, have more money, have a cool car, a day off, a new phone, to date the person of your dreams. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's butt. I know that 97% of you won't broadcast this, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, copy and paste.
    These posts wind me up no end. In the space of nine months I lost my mother, aunt and uncle to cancer. If only their family and friends had honoured them by posting meaningless attention seeking posts on facebook instead of caring for them, they might actually be alive :rolleyes:

Cancer posts would be ok if they were something like "respect to all the people who are fighting cancer and their loved ones in these hard times" but when it's coupled with passive aggresive sh!te about only true friends sharing blah blah blah it instantly makes me think the person posting is a C U Next Tuesday.

Cancer is devastating for everyone involved and shouldn't be trivialised for likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I see Herbalife have reared their heads again, was sure they'd buggered off for good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The first one that pops up on my feed is gonna get the reply

#PyramidScheme

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The first one that pops up on my feed is gonna get the reply

#PyramidScheme

Nah, post this :pac::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

FB keeps asking " what's on your mind"? So here it is...
    I still have so many unanswered questions! I never found out who let the dogs out; the way to get to Sesame Street; why Dora doesn't just use Google Maps; why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"; why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed; why "abbreviated" is such a long word; why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons; why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections; and, why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane? Why do The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune? Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs? And just what is Victoria's secret? And why do noses run, but feet smell? You see, the world just has to keep going. I have too many questions......and do you really think I am this witty ???? ...because I actually stole this from a friend, who stole from a friend, who stole from a friend, who stole from a friend, who stole from a friend. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    That's actually quite good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

True love alive and well in 2016
    You know you have an amazing person in your life when they get you a copy of Q Magazine with a free Radiohead poster and a bottle of Coke...thank you so much Niamh...I love you so much you you absolute star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

^
    That's actually quite good.
    Thread is called Dumb/Great facebook statuses.
    This might have been that 1 great one .....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd call the wise friend a fooking idiot! now fook off!

'Because life is not made only of photos (and because a wise friend asked me to) I also liked the idea.. And I'm going to get into the game. The game is called "shake" the Facebook. Let's see if it works. The idea is to see who reads a post when there isn't a picture.
    So, if you are reading this message, make a comment using a single word about how we met. Just one word, please. Next, copy this message on your wall so I can also leave a word. Just hold your finger on this text. Touch the word copy. Go to your page & hold your finger where you write. Then touch on "paste" when it shows up. That's it!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

ive seen it all.

so theres a post going around about a 3 yr old girl being sexually assaulted by a 14 year old boy that was babysitting her.

comment underneath the post that a friend had shared

"sorry but you should not leave a teenage boy looking after little girls, think first"

and breeeeeeath....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Friend of mine (Mary) posts a pic, " Yay finally get to see niece"

Comment under it " Congrats Mary"

Mary had no involvement (that I am aware of) in the making of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

"India foxtrot. Yankee oscar uniform. Charlie alpha november. Uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta. Tango hotel india sierra. Charlie oscar papa yankee. Alpha november delta. Papa alpha sierra tango echo. Tango oscar. Yankee oscar uniform romeo. Sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra. (In honor of all armed forces wherever they may be) - Lets see who gets it and follows the instructions"

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo. Oscar Foxtrot Foxtrot!

"Unfriend Me If I'm Wrong!!!! But All of us have a thousand wishes. To be thinner, to be bigger, have more money, have a cool car, a day off, a new phone, to date the person of your dreams. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's butt. I know that 97% of you won't broadcast this, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, copy and paste. 🌹💙💙💙💙💙"

I'm seeing these more and more. Dumb attention seeking statuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Danny_B wrote: »
    "Unfriend Me If I'm Wrong!!!! But All of us have a thousand wishes. To be thinner, to be bigger, have more money, have a cool car, a day off, a new phone, to date the person of your dreams. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's butt. I know that 97% of you won't broadcast this, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, copy and paste. ������������"

I'm seeing these more and more. Dumb attention seeking statuses.

Happy to be a 97% er

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Why are they all so obsessed with copy/paste as opposed to sharing?

dinorebel wrote: »
    Happy to be a 97% er

Same as...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hrududu wrote: »
    Why are they all so obsessed with copy/paste as opposed to sharing?

It's because of the hugely complex way that FB actually serves up posts to people.

A share will basically be seen by less people than a new status (be it copied or original) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Danny_B wrote: »
    Same as...

95 to go then so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

ive seen it all.

so theres a post going around about a 3 yr old girl being sexually assaulted by a 14 year old boy that was babysitting her.

comment underneath the post that a friend had shared

"sorry but you should not leave a teenage boy looking after little girls, think first"

and breeeeeeath....

Oh my god, honestly.

What is this -fascination- at the moment to squash the victim (or the victim's family) rather than the person who committed the crime? It's pretty disgusting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement