Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Samaris wrote: »
    Oh my god, honestly.

What is this -fascination- at the moment to squash the victim (or the victim's family) rather than the person who committed the crime? It's pretty disgusting.

Yeah...and the fact that it's perfectly ok to leave a teenage boy alone with a 3 year-old girl without expecting him to sexually assault her. The vast, vast, vast, overwhelming majority of teenage boys would never do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

maudgonner wrote: »
    Yeah...and the fact that it's perfectly ok to leave a teenage boy alone with a 3 year-old girl without expecting him to sexually assault her. The vast, vast, vast, overwhelming majority of teenage boys would never do something like that.

That too. Sure, it mostly IS teenage girls who make a few bob in their teens by babysitting, but that's more down to parents reckoning (in my view!) that teenage girls automatically know more about babies than clueless teenage boys (this does not make this true*, just how it seems to be seen :P)

It's certainly not been traditionally down to "teenage boys will sexually abuse them" for crissakes. She hardly left her little girl in the care of a wolf or something!

*Babysitting personal experience. Clueless female early-twenties-old-enough-to-have-some-sense (me), fed her baby niece porridge rather than baby formula because I didn't know the difference. I shall never forget her polite attempts at sucking this gunge out of the bottle with a resigned expression waay older than a year old should be able to manage. Although in this case I -do- blame her parents putting baby formula in a porridge box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Samaris wrote: »
    *Babysitting personal experience. Clueless female early-twenties-old-enough-to-have-some-sense (me), fed her baby niece porridge rather than baby formula because I didn't know the difference. I shall never forget her polite attempts at sucking this gunge out of the bottle with a resigned expression waay older than a year old should be able to manage. Although in this case I -do- blame her parents putting baby formula in a porridge box!

You tried to give a baby porridge through a bottle, am i reading this correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

De Bhál wrote: »
    You tried to give a baby porridge through a bottle, am i reading this correctly?

There's worse things than can come out of a bottle than porridge......

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"July 2016 will have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This won't happen again for 462 years"

And I read somewhere that July this year has 31 days.
    This won't happen again until, eh, well, August this year. Spooky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Patrick the Singer is giving up (for a while)!!!!! Hope it's really isn't for long. Best bit of crack I've seen on FB for a long long time.

Just posted the last half hour:

"Well everyone I have bad newes for ye all. I be giving up the singing for a while.. Now some people asked bout cds. Well I did have one cd. But I sold that to Dylan Murphy. But if ye want few copys. Go to Dylan Murphy bout it. But out from that it's going to take me a while to get things back in order again. Anyway the singing stops now. Anyway that's all I have to say."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I take it the recording deal fell through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I did, alas! I was thinking it seemed very thick and gloopy (it was quite fine porridge grains, and while it looked a bit full, it wasn't like...full-on oatmeal for breakfast.

It didn't exactly come out of the bottle easily though :P

Sprogface made a full recovery from the trauma, you'll be happy to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Sounds like a Christina Aguilera song.

"Feed my baby porridge in a bottle,
    Am I reading this correctly".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Patrick the Singer is giving up (for a while)!!!!! Hope it's really isn't for long. Best bit of crack I've seen on FB for a long long time.

Just posted the last half hour:

"Well everyone I have bad newes for ye all. I be giving up the singing for a while.. Now some people asked bout cds. Well I did have one cd. But I sold that to Dylan Murphy. But if ye want few copys. Go to Dylan Murphy bout it. But out from that it's going to take me a while to get things back in order again. Anyway the singing stops now. Anyway that's all I have to say."

LOL just saw this so came in here to see if there'd be a reaction, sad day for the world of music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 JK2015

When you tell your son to you's the cubical toilet cause there is a dirty syringe in the toilet on the wall in Macdonnels in the ilac centre and it's dirty , so me son pushes the cubical door and there is 2 junkie basterd's with there pants around the ankles with a syringe in his hand shouts at me son an says **** of slammed the door nearly and nearly took his finger of . When your son cry's and looks at u after seen that what the **** do you do, Ye I kicked the door in an broke them up the dirty scruffy ***** there is a time an place for it �� what a smelly dump I'll never eat in it again get locks on the door like Burger King have . ****ing kip, share it so it gets cleaned up and a kid doesn't pick up a (syringe emoji, syringe emoji)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Patrick has just released a new a new song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

coolhull wrote: »
    "July 2016 will have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This won't happen again for 462 years"

And I read somewhere that July this year has 31 days.
    This won't happen again until, eh, well, August this year. Spooky!

No, they mean the next time July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays will be 462 years.

But of course a cursory examination will show that it happens again in 2022. Six years, not long to wait.

Laughing at Patrick the Singer guy ain't funny imo. I looked at his Fb page there and he's not the full shilling I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Laughing at Patrick the Singer guy ain't funny imo. I looked at his Fb page there and he's not the full shilling I'd say.

Of course laughing at him isn't funny.

He is funny, though, so laughing at him is ok. Not funny. Ok.

I'm waiting for the sing-off with Big Joe Joyce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Friend of a friend has a status up about suing her boss for unfair dismissal all because of a Facebook status

Turns out the status was a picture of her smoking a joint and holding a bag of weed at some gig.

She is/was a care worker at a drugs rehabilitation service and it says in her contract that using illegal substances is a dismissible offence.

Reminder not to post everything you indulge in on fb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Owryan wrote: »
    Friend of a friend has a status up about suing her boss for unfair dismissal all because of a Facebook status

Turns out the status was a picture of her smoking a joint and holding a bag of weed at some gig.

She is/was a care worker at a drugs rehabilitation service and it says in her contract that using illegal substances is a dismissible offence.

Some people just haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Owryan wrote: »

you couldn't make that stuff up :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

arayess wrote: »
    you couldn't make that stuff up :D:D:D

What is scary is the comments from people telling her she done nothing wrong....police state.....sue him and take him to the cleaners....

Whatever your personal opinion is re drugs, blatantly using them against your employers policy and working with people who are trying to get clean is just stupid. Be like facilitating an AA meeting and sipping from a can of bulmers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

This took place after the Euros final last night:

Friend: Fair play to Portugal, delighted for Ronaldo
    Friend of friend: It's not over yet lad!
    F: Are you drunk?
    Fof: No lad, I'm here watching it.
    F: What are you watching it on?
    Fof: Tv3+1

He genuinely didn't get the concept of +1 channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Essien wrote: »
    This took place after the Euros final last night:

Friend: Fair play to Portugal, delighted for Ronaldo
    Friend of friend: It's not over yet lad!
    F: Are you drunk?
    Fof: No lad, I'm here watching it.
    F: What are you watching it on?
    Fof: Tv3+1

He genuinely didn't get the concept of +1 channels

He must have thought everyone else was clairvoyant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just saw a post "Me sexxci nece slina" accompanied by a picture of a chubby wee baby, maybe six months old.

Seriously, how is it ok for a guy to call his baby niece "sexxci" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just saw a post "Me sexxci nece slina" accompanied by a picture of a chubby wee baby, maybe six months old.

Seriously, how is it ok for a guy to call his baby niece "sexxci" :confused:

What the Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

If you have spelling that piss poor it stands to reason that the only endearing words you have in your vocabulary to describe females just happen to be inappropriate for children.

If you have spelling that piss poor it stands to reason that the only endearing words you have in your vocabulary to describe females just happen to be inappropriate for children.

I actually thought it was in Italian or something, jaysus that's bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Oh god ... there's a Bare Knuckle Gypsies Facebook page ... I can't believe I never knew that this existed. :o

I feel a little bit dirty just watching the videos. I'd recommend the Queen of the Gypsies one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

"Why is going to work for families so hard....stressfull....and costly :( sometimes I don't know why I bother work"

Followed by replies of:

"I agree totally"
    "ahhh lv u"
    "9/10 your financially better off not working! It's absolutely shocking and disgraceful they punish people who want to work"

• Advertisement

"Going home to say goodbye to my Mum".

Followed by dozens of "sorry for your loss" and "RIPs".

The mum actually died last year and was just being buried today, but the dozens who offered condolences clearly must have forgotten when they faked sympathy a year ago. Some are long standing drinking friends of his.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement