Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The mum actually died last year and was just being buried today

Wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Was her name Bernie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

"Going home to say goodbye to my Mum".

Followed by dozens of "sorry for your loss" and "RIPs".

The mum actually died last year and was just being buried today,

RIP's are justified.

The mum actually died last year and was just being buried today, but the dozens who offered condolences clearly must have forgotten when they faked sympathy a year ago. Some are long standing drinking friends of his.

She is still a loss even if it was a year ago. No issue with this tbh. Nothing wrong with a nice simple condolence. They didn't overdo it either which made it more genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Wut?

I'm guessing she donated her body to science? They usually keep them for one year before releasing them for burial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm guessing she donated her body to science? They usually keep them for one year before releasing them for burial.

Or there was an investigation or lawsuit pending. In this case the body isn't released until both sides are satisfied with autopsy reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

"Why is going to work for families so hard....stressfull....and costly :( sometimes I don't know why I bother work"

Followed by replies of:

"I agree totally"
    "ahhh lv u"
    "9/10 your financially better off not working! It's absolutely shocking and disgraceful they punish people who want to work"

The mum actually died last year and was just being buried today, but the dozens who offered condolences clearly must have forgotten when they faked sympathy a year ago. Some are long standing drinking friends of his.

Standard has slipped in here today. The first one is a valid complaint and the RIP's in the second one are spot on, she's finally been put to "rest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

PARlance wrote: »
    Standard has slipped in here today. The first one is a valid complaint and the RIP's in the second one are spot on, she's finally been put to "rest".

Where's fussyonion to get things back on track?

She is still a loss even if it was a year ago. No issue with this tbh. Nothing wrong with a nice simple condolence. They didn't overdo it either which made it more genuine.

They didn't overdo it because most were just following the generic "sorry for your loss" post to register "meh, I've read your message, I'll fire up a few words so others can see I'm sympathetic".

It was clear that not one of the responders knew that she had died a year ago (she had donated her body to science)...or really cared. Not one of them developed the point, or said fair play to her for donating her body to science, or thought anything other than she had just died. And obviously not one of them had messaged him or done anything other then fire up the bog standard line.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭claregal1

Connor - not sure if you are a friend of mine but a similar status also came up on my page .. You do know his Mum passed away a year ago and donated her body to NUIG - Today she is buried .. Have a bit of respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

They didn't overdo it because most were just following the generic "sorry for your loss" post to register "meh, I've read your message, I'll fire up a few words so others can see I'm sympathetic".

It was clear that not one of the responders knew that she had died a year ago (she had donated her body to science)...or really cared. Not one of them developed the point, or said fair play to her for donating her body to science, or thought anything other than she had just died. And obviously not one of them had messaged him or done anything other then fire up the bog standard line.

Did you respond with a 'LOL' to put them in their place, then?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Did you respond with a 'LOL' to put them in their place, then?

No he didn't because he actually doesn't get the genuine humour of this page - He decided instead to be little some one who a year later is finally laying his Mam to rest .

claregal1 wrote: »
    Connor - not sure if you are a friend of mine but a similar status also came up on my page .. You do know his Mum passed away a year ago and donated her body to NUIG - Today she is buried .. Have a bit of respect

Oh nothing but respect for his mum.

It's all the people who didn't take the time and effort to find out she had passed away a year ago.

If they were my friends, and they had been my friends when she passed away, I think I'd drop them.

It's all the people who didn't take the time and effort to find out she had passed away a year ago.

If they were my friends, and they had been my friends when she passed away, I think I'd drop them.

I think you are actually missing the whole point - This person did not get chance tk bury his Mam a year ago and now he can ?
    What is your problem ?
    Of course he is grieving again !
    Have you ever been to a funeral where the coffin has to be closed and can't even have a mortuary part of the funeral ?
    Where it all had tk be done extremely quick and the doctors waiting along with the undertakers to trasfer your Mams body within a limited about of time .
    Maybe last year he didn't feel ready to say godbye to his Mam and his friends understood ????

A real friend would say *RIP 1 year ago mate*

I think you are actually missing the whole point - This person did not get chance tk bury his Mam a year ago and now he can ?
    What is your problem ?
    Have you ever been to a funeral where the coffin has to be closed and can't even have a mortuary part of the funeral ?
    Where it all had tk be done extremely quick and the doctors waiting along with the undertakers to trasfer your Mams body within a limited about of time .
    Maybe last year he didn't feel ready to say godbye to his Mam and his friends understood ????

Exactly. The funeral is obviously going to bring up memories and it is the final closure regardless of when she did die

What is your problem ?

Of course he is.

The point is about all those who wrongly assumed it had just happened and not remembering that she passed away last year.

rawn wrote: »
    A real friend would say *RIP 1 year ago mate*

Go way will you !
    His mother was not laid to rest a year ago so why would they say that ???

This is why I haven't been in FB in years ... opinions everyone ! Sad

Go way will you !
    His mother was not laid to rest a year ago so why would they say that ???

This is why I haven't been in FB in years ... opinions everyone ! Sad

Because she's being laid to rest now! Hence "Rest in Peace"

Of course he is.

The point is about all those who wrongly assumed it had just happened and not remembering that she passed away last year.

You are a fool Connor and I truly hope you are never in this situation .. you actually found this amusing?

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    Because she's being laid to rest now! Hence "Rest in Peace"

She is been laid to rest now - what is your problen ?????

No he didn't because he actually doesn't get the genuine humour of this page - He decided instead to be little some one who a year later is finally laying his Mam to rest .

Erm ... didn't you post in this thread a few months back about some other girl's mum's funeral?

That girl or anyone in her family may well have seen your post at the time ... just sayin'!

Not really fair if it's OK for you to use a funeral for the "humour of this page" and then completely overreact when it's someone you're obviously close to ...

You are a fool Connor and I truly hope you are never in this situation .. you actually found this amusing?

No.

More annoying, that people would have forgotten that his mother passed away last year.

I am well aware when it happened, and I wasn't laughing...because I sympathised with him at the time.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13686492_10157823662585377_8778262135252654941_n.jpg?oh=321b5b6b2c2275f4da82630720dad1e3&oe=57F3D4C8

I've seen this shared a few times. I love the irony of posting a Batman meme and talking about being too old for Pokemon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

No.

More annoying, that people would have forgotten that his mother passed away last year.

I am well aware when it happened, and I wasn't laughing...because I sympathised with him at the time.

Why are you assuming that they think the lady has only just died?

To me, RIP is an appropriate response to his post, even bearing in mind the unusual circumstances. I'm not sure what else someone would say?

No.

Sorry you said pathetic excuse of a so called friend !
    We all symapthised with him at the time AND it's pure obvious you were never EVER a friend of ours that you would find this funny to post on this page .

Sorry you said pathetic excuse of a so called friend !
    We all symapthised with him at the time AND it's pure obvious you were never EVER a friend of ours that you would find this funny to post on this page .

Read his posts ... it's extremely obvious he didn't find it funny at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ye are ruining the thread! Where is fussyonion indeed!

Ye are ruining the thread! Where is fussyonion indeed!

I so agree !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mod: Okay, sometimes it'll happen that something hits close to home in a thread like this; it's a small country, or a joke misses it's mark. Let's move on from it now, please, it's not something to spoil what generally is a pretty hilarious thread over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement