Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Not mine, and sometimes I regret not having more insane people on my Facebook, but in the absence of fussyonion's awe-inspiring friends, I love this nuttiness;
    OP: "Lance Armstrong, to think he inspired an entire generation and more. Imagine how they are going to have to re-write the textbooks, the first Astronaut on the Moon had to use steroids and such to get there. I swear people are stupid, but to think he fooled us all, makes me wonder who is more stupid :/

0 Likes

Responder: This challenges everything I knew about the human stupidity. You're thinking of Neil Armstrong.

OP: thank you for showing the entire Facebook world how stupid you are. You should probably come out of that little hole of yours and pay attention to what's going on. It's been all over the news STUPID! It's Lance Armstrong, Oprah interviewed him I think. Don't comment on my status unless you know what you're talking about.

Responder: You know, you're right. I'm sure the entire Facebook world will think I'm stupid by this status. I'm going to leave now and
    find Jesus followed by intense human research 'cause you are making me question the less than likely existence of your brain. Go back to Elementary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Even after rearing five children my goodness i cant believe the amount of stuff babies have now-days! Our little princess here *****-*** she has like soo many clothes toys all top brands and lots of designer . Even counting earlier she has 28 bottles Avent/T-Tipee-Nuk and so many soothers again all avent etc and got new ones again Today and they are the signature that comes in a lil steriliser box ideal for travelling.! Its unreal the amount of things she has even some clothes with the tags on never got the chance to wear as she is such a big baby. Shame really but hopefully some other lil baby will gain as il really have to bag lots of stuff and take them to a charity shop. And sure when il be in **** again next week no doubt il pick up some more stuff. We just dont know when to stop when it comes to babies gear lol. Seriously i could open a baby shop literally haha!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Our little princess here *****-*** a!

Guessing double barrel name is ending as Mai/may seems to be everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Even after rearing five children my goodness i cant believe the amount of stuff babies have now-days! Our little princess here *****-*** she has like soo many clothes toys all top brands and lots of designer . Even counting earlier she has 28 bottles Avent/T-Tipee-Nuk and so many soothers again all avent etc and got new ones again Today and they are the signature that comes in a lil steriliser box ideal for travelling.! Its unreal the amount of things she has even some clothes with the tags on never got the chance to wear as she is such a big baby. Shame really but hopefully some other lil baby will gain as il really have to bag lots of stuff and take them to a charity shop. And sure when il be in **** again next week no doubt il pick up some more stuff. We just dont know when to stop when it comes to babies gear lol. Seriously i could open a baby shop literally haha!

Same little princess is probably left ignored in a corner whilst her mother posts self-satisfied sh1te like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

That's what happens when you give Baby your credit card and let her go out shopping on her own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I get that they're cute and photogenic and all, but can anyone tell me one decent reason why a baby (any baby!) needs designer clothing?

Or designer toys if it comes to that. Tiny sprogs tend to like brightly coloured things to fling around and gnaw on and a few soft things to cuddle (and gnaw on). None of this requires an adult designer to affix their name to said toy. No small bits, no pointy bits, no lead paint, done.
    pc7 wrote: »

Renes-mai? :D Bet it's happened to some poor kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Jaysus that's cringey.

I mean what's she looking for here, congratulations on being wasteful? 28 bottles FFS, only reason I can see for that is if she's too lazy to wash them more than maybe once or twice a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

When i read that this morning, i wasnt awake.
    I thought it was the swear filter at work and thought... that is not nice to call your kid *******-****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

PARlance wrote: »
    Standard has slipped in here today. The first one is a valid complaint and the RIP's in the second one are spot on, she's finally been put to "rest".

Fair enough, the person in question posts a vague attention seeking status every other day so I suppose it grates more on me than it would any of you. That said, this is the 'Dumb/Great' status thread, not the 'only post something if we're all going to find it hysterical' thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭claregal1

Erm ... didn't you post in this thread a few months back about some other girl's mum's funeral?

That girl or anyone in her family may well have seen your post at the time ... just sayin'!

Not really fair if it's OK for you to use a funeral for the "humour of this page" and then completely overreact when it's someone you're obviously close to ...

I did , and if you remember correctly I said I couldn't understand someone in their time of grief taking time out to video the hearse leaving the church and post it on FB before the funeral had even made it to the graveyard .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

That's gonna be good when nominative determinism kicks in.

pc7 wrote: »

Theresa May?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Samaris wrote: »
    I get that they're cute and photogenic and all, but can anyone tell me one decent reason why a baby (any baby!) needs designer clothing?

Or designer toys if it comes to that. Tiny sprogs tend to like brightly coloured things to fling around and gnaw on and a few soft things to cuddle (and gnaw on). None of this requires an adult designer to affix their name to said toy. No small bits, no pointy bits, no lead paint, done.

I used to work in a branch of a chain shoe shop, and the shop sold baby-sized Ugg boots, as well as baby-sized Chuck Taylors. Very cute, I'll grant you. But the Chucks were (IIRC) about 25 euro for a pair, while the little Ugg boots were 80 euro!! For a pair of baby shoes, that a) the kid will grow out of in a few months, and b) that the kid will likely kick off in a crowded place and thus lose forever.

People used to buy them too! I could never understand it. If you want an 'expensive' present for a friend/relative's baby, why not buy 80 euros' worth of nice, practical clothes, or something else the baby/parents actually need?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Samaris wrote: »

It has indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

coolhull wrote: »
    Theresa May?

Thats her first name and surname!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

claregal1 wrote: »
    You are a fool Connor and I truly hope you are never in this situation .. you actually found this amusing?
    mod: knock it off with the aul abuse there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ofcork wrote: »

Theresa May Theresa May?!?

• Advertisement

^^

no, no, no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

If you say it three times, does she appear? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭claregal1

Tombi! wrote: »
    mod: knock it off with the aul abuse there.
    Noted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I know my ring won't be huge but hey lets see what happens. I am starting a friendship ring. If you are my friend, press the "like" button and copy this to your status. I'm waiting

Whoever started this one really needs to work on their phrasing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Kovu wrote: »
    Whoever started this one really needs to work on their phrasing! :D

There's only one thing that comes from my ring that I can think of in this instance... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Picture of a pillow with a sad face.

Caption - "respect your pillows, they wiped your tears when no one did"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They should do one of those for the crusty gym sock in teenage boys rooms…

Respect your hankies, they wiped your nose when no one else would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

coolhull wrote: »
    Respect your hankies, they wiped your nose when no one else would

Respect your toilet paper, they wiped your arse when no one else would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

"feeling bad for the people in paris"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement