Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Living with the person you love is not what everyone thinks it is. It's not waking up early every morning to make breakfast and eat together. Its not cuddling in bed together until both of you peacefully fall asleep. It's not a clean home and a homemade meal every night.
    It's fights about who has to put the dishes away. It's screaming and crying because you've had a hard day and came home to the laundry not being done even though you asked them 5 times to do it. It's your love waiting until you get into the shower to decide they need to take a ****. It's falling asleep on separate couches because the day has left you too exhausted to move to the bed. It's fighting over financial problems. It's waking up to all of the chocolate you bought for yourself, already eaten.
    It's someone who steals all the covers and knees you in the face because the bed is too small for both of you. It's slammed doors and harsh words, fights and name calling, it's wondering if you've made the right decision.
    It is, despite all of those things, the one thing you look forward to every day.
    It's coming home to the same person everyday that you know loves and cares about you. It's laughing about the one time you accidentally did something stupid.
    It's about eating the cheapest and easiest meal you can make and sitting down together at 10pm to eat because you both had a crazy day. It's when you have an emotional breakdown and your love lays on the floor with you and holds you and tells you everything is going to be okay, and you believe them❤️. It's when "Netflix and chill" literally means you watch Netflix and hang out.
    It's about still loving someone even though they make you absolutely insane.
    Living with the person you love is countless fights about absolutely nothing, but is also having a love that people spend their whole life looking for.
    It's not perfect and it's hard, but it's amazing and comforting and the best thing you'll ever experience.
    Go ahead and share a picture of the person you love/ live with and copy and paste this.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

kitten_k wrote: »
    It's someone who steals all the covers and knees you in the face because the bed is too small for both of you. .

A friend posted that whole spiel last night with a pic of her and her husband and this bit jumped out. What way are they sleeping that one of them could knee the other one in the face?? Are they topping and tailing to save space in their single size marital bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are they talking about someone taking a shíte while someone's having a shower in the same bathroom? What type of durty bastard does that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Living with the person you love is not what everyone thinks it is. It's not waking up early every morning to make breakfast and eat together. Its not cuddling in bed together until both of you peacefully fall asleep. It's not a clean home and a homemade meal every night.
    It's fights about who has to put the dishes away. It's screaming and crying because you've had a hard day and came home to the laundry not being done even though you asked them 5 times to do it. It's your love waiting until you get into the shower to decide they need to take a ****. It's falling asleep on separate couches because the day has left you too exhausted to move to the bed. It's fighting over financial problems. It's waking up to all of the chocolate you bought for yourself, already eaten.
    It's someone who steals all the covers and knees you in the face because the bed is too small for both of you. It's slammed doors and harsh words, fights and name calling, it's wondering if you've made the right decision.
    It is, despite all of those things, the one thing you look forward to every day.
    It's coming home to the same person everyday that you know loves and cares about you. It's laughing about the one time you accidentally did something stupid.
    It's about eating the cheapest and easiest meal you can make and sitting down together at 10pm to eat because you both had a crazy day. It's when you have an emotional breakdown and your love lays on the floor with you and holds you and tells you everything is going to be okay, and you believe them❤️. It's when "Netflix and chill" literally means you watch Netflix and hang out.
    It's about still loving someone even though they make you absolutely insane.
    Living with the person you love is countless fights about absolutely nothing, but is also having a love that people spend their whole life looking for.
    It's not perfect and it's hard, but it's amazing and comforting and the best thing you'll ever experience.
    Go ahead and share a picture of the person you love/ live with and copy and paste this.

Sounds like a wonderful relationship. Where do I sign up for one of these?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd rather be in one of the flats you see on the apartment thread in a crying chair by myself than in a relationship like this one!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Are they talking about someone taking a shíte while someone's having a shower in the same bathroom? What type of durty bastard does that?

When you grow up with brothers before the time when every house had multiple loos, the idea of rotating between the shower/sh1te/shave positions seems quite normal.

When you grow up with brothers before the time when every house had multiple loos, the idea of rotating between the shower/sh1te/shave positions seems quite normal.

I grew up in a house with 4 brothers and one bathroom and not once did I take a shît while they were showering. Jesus, they last thing I'd want is the smell of someone's toxic dump wafting into me nostrils as I wash my luxurious mane. I have a brother with Crohns and his emissions were legendary. More deadly than zyklon b he is and being stuck in an enclosed space with him while he was evacuating his bowels would have been a fate worse than death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Sesudra wrote: »
    A friend posted that whole spiel last night with a pic of her and her husband and this bit jumped out. What way are they sleeping that one of them could knee the other one in the face?? Are they topping and tailing to save space in their single size marital bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

"A young man on our bus to Longitude has pissed into a can and, in an effort to dispose of the piss vessel by throwing it out of the window, has spilled it all over himself.

How's your Saturday?"

Karma, baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Some serious Apostrophe abuse in this thread.

Poor little ike :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Some serious Apostrophe abuse in this thread.
    :(
    Your' speaking nonsen'se dere. No body on here abuse's apots - aspots-atops.. dem lil comma yoke's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I have just seen that a friend of a friend posted a 'review' of Temple Street Hospital on Facebook. Now, she gave them five stars and was very complimentary, but the review was about the time she spent there - she's 28 years old, so that would have been at least 10 years ago if not a lot more. Why?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

gutenberg wrote: »
    I have just seen that a friend of a friend posted a 'review' of Temple Street Hospital on Facebook. Now, she gave them five stars and was very complimentary, but the review was about the time she spent there - she's 28 years old, so that would have been at least 10 years ago if not a lot more. Why?!?!?

Did she mention whether she brought any kids of hers to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

gutenberg wrote: »

Did she mention whether she brought any kids of hers to it?

She has no kids. So the review was about her experiences, at least 10+ years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Sik of da roomers anal da talk

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2vkkghi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Loughc wrote: »
    2vkkghi.jpg
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Loughc wrote: »
    2vkkghi.jpg

Telpis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

owenlee de angles cn elpis nw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This is more angering than dumb, but someone posted a video on his facebook page today that ended up on my newsfeed. He's friends with a few guys that I knew from school years ago so i guess that's why it ended up on mine. But the video showed the guy stopping his car today near a hitchhiker making it look like he was stopping to give the hitchhiker a lift, but as the hitchhiker walked over to the car he drove off on him laughing. Some people posted smilies laughing at it but I was pretty annoyed over it. What an inconsiderate P*ick :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you say it three times, does she appear? :eek:

Bugger. Only just noticed that!

Gremlins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Riddle101 wrote: »
    This is more angering than dumb, but someone posted a video on his facebook page today that ended up on my newsfeed. He's friends with a few guys that I knew from school years ago so i guess that's why it ended up on mine. But the video showed the guy stopping his car today near a hitchhiker making it look like he was stopping to give the hitchhiker a lift, but as the hitchhiker walked over to the car he drove off on him laughing. Some people posted smilies laughing at it but I was pretty annoyed over it. What an inconsiderate P*ick :mad:

Hitchhiker was probably going to kill him and wear his skin as a suit, so it;s ok. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I was raised in XXXXX. Everyone in the neighborhood knew each other. We played outside in every season. Had dinner as a family every night and Sunday's was a family day. Shops were closed and church was open. We played rounders and football with all the neighbourhood kids, hide and seek, tag and, rode our Bikes. On Summer nights we waited for the ice cream truck. Everyone knew their neighbors and people looked out for one another. A place where the concrete was perfect for skating, bike riding and 4 square. We cherished games of hopscotch, we didn't have chalk, we used white rocks. red rover, red light green light, mother may and caught lightning bugs! Water fights consisted of pots, pans, cups, buckets, the hose, squirt guns and water balloons. Shoes weren't a must, we got dirty, ate whatever and nobody asked about allergies. Made & had tons of friends in the surrounding neighborhood. We weren't AFRAID of anything .The STREET LIGHT was our CURFEW.. We WALKED to the shop and work and didn't complain. Fought with our hands and made up the next day. But most of all, if you DISRESPECTED your elders ..u would get PUT IN YOUR PLACE! I'M PROUD OF MY BACKGROUND. Re-post if you're proud of and will never forget where you came from! I will never forget!.............P.S....Miss the days when the kids always made something out of nothing to do. We were amazing. Wish we can go back to this time...If you agree, copy and paste!❤️we really had the best childhood ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

...ate whatever and nobody asked about allergies....
    Lol kids today and their pesky allergies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It's fighting over financial problems. It's waking up to all of the chocolate you bought for yourself, already eaten.

It's about eating the cheapest and easiest meal you can make.

It's when "Netflix and chill" literally means you watch Netflix and hang out.

Money problems, eating the cheapest meals, but once the Netflix and Broadband are paid for, sure what more could you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

eamonnq wrote: »
    Money problems, eating the cheapest meals, but once the Netflix and Broadband are paid for, sure what more could you want.

People are certainly more willing to pay for BB and Netflix than pay for their water charges :pac:

It's some copy/paste job anyway, no telling where it originated :D

eamonnq wrote: »

Aye, because it would be much better for that psycho couple to have no broadband or entertainment…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I was raised in XXXXX. Everyone in the neighborhood knew each other. We played outside in every season. Had dinner as a family every night and Sunday's was a family day. Shops were closed and church was open. We played rounders and football with all the neighbourhood kids, hide and seek, tag and, rode our Bikes. On Summer nights we waited for the ice cream truck. Everyone knew their neighbors and people looked out for one another. A place where the concrete was perfect for skating, bike riding and 4 square. We cherished games of hopscotch, we didn't have chalk, we used white rocks. red rover, red light green light, mother may and caught lightning bugs! Water fights consisted of pots, pans, cups, buckets, the hose, squirt guns and water balloons. Shoes weren't a must, we got dirty, ate whatever and nobody asked about allergies. Made & had tons of friends in the surrounding neighborhood. We weren't AFRAID of anything .The STREET LIGHT was our CURFEW.. We WALKED to the shop and work and didn't complain. Fought with our hands and made up the next day. But most of all, if you DISRESPECTED your elders ..u would get PUT IN YOUR PLACE! I'M PROUD OF MY BACKGROUND. Re-post if you're proud of and will never forget where you came from! I will never forget!.............P.S....Miss the days when the kids always made something out of nothing to do. We were amazing. Wish we can go back to this time...If you agree, copy and paste!❤️we really had the best childhood ...

Actually quite liked that and agreed with it.

That was till the Repost , Copy/paste likes whoring crap.

inforfun wrote: »
    Actually quite liked that and agreed with it.

That was till the Repost , Copy/paste likes whoring crap.

It's the same old shíte that you see people over thirty posting to make them feel good about their empty lives.

'Look at us! We grew up in a time when people could still get mumps, single mothers were considered whores, autistic people were 'that odd fellow down the road that kids take the piss out of', rape in marriage was legal and drink-driving was a hobby. Aren't we GREAT!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Aye, because it would be much better for that psycho couple to have no broadband or entertainment…

and if they did not have access to FB we wouldn't have their post quoted on here.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement