Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's the same old shíte that you see people over thirty posting to make them feel good about their empty lives.

'Look at us! We grew up in a time when people could still get mumps, single mothers were considered whores, autistic people were 'that odd fellow down the road that kids take the piss out of', rape in marriage was legal and drink-driving was a hobby. Aren't we GREAT!?!?!

Can't wait til my 40s to see what's next so....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It's the same old shíte that you see people over thirty posting to make them feel good about their empty lives.

'Look at us! We grew up in a time when people could still get mumps, single mothers were considered whores, autistic people were 'that odd fellow down the road that kids take the piss out of', rape in marriage was legal and drink-driving was a hobby. Aren't we GREAT!?!?!

And all that is of course not happening now anymore?

Times are indeed much better when half the population walks around like zombies with phones in their hands chasing pokemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

inforfun wrote: »

Times are indeed much better when half the population walks around like zombies with phones in their hands chasing pokemons.

I've actually seen way more people complaining about pokémon go than I've seen people playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

TheChevron wrote: »

Oh lord. "**** sleep"

Verb. To **** Sleep.

1. To fall asleep dreaming of sexual encounters while humping a warm, moist pillow.
    2. To suffer from narcoleptic symptoms during coitus.
    3. To carve a hole in ye olde straw mattress to while away those long cold winter nights (archaic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

kitten_k wrote: »
    I was raised in XXXXX.... We cherished games of hopscotch, we didn't have chalk, we used white rocks. red rover, red light green light, mother may and caught lightning bugs! ...

WTF is a lightning bug?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Something like a firefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've actually seen way more people complaining about pokémon go than I've seen people playing it.

I also think much less of the people who seem to be bothered by others enjoying a game than I do of the people enjoying the game.

...though maybe that's because I'm hooked.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't wait til my 40s to see what's next so....

:D

In your 40s you get over the nostalgia for a bit and instead desperately try to show people that you're still hip to the game. OMG! YOLO! or whatever it is that the little shíts are saying these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

inforfun wrote: »

The 'adult' population. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

If your boyfriend/husband ever says anything rude or disrespectful to you, tell him to write it down on a piece of paper, get in his car, drive, and deliver it to his mother or simply hand it to his daughter. If he can't say it to his mother, or doesn't want another man to one day say it to his daughter, he shouldn't be saying it to you.

Absolutely use your kids as pawns to get back at your partner. Sound advice.

And I presume that also goes for a Wife and her Father/Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Discussion on this photo, clearly fake, some genius figures this is the reason it's fake

This post has been deleted.

Jesus, imagine being married to a passive aggressive little tattle-tale like that.

'Chris' Mammy! Chris' Mammy! Chris said a boldy word to me today. I wrote it down because it's so boldy. Here it is!'

Tbf, there are probably times where what you say could be beneficial advice for partner, mother and daughter. Things like 'Don't be an arsehole!' or 'Get into the kitchen and make me some food, woman!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If someone else posts that "Rowan Atkinson' has killed himself" I'll scream

Certain people on my friend list have posted it a number of times and keep adding there there 'he was such a great actor, Rip Rowan, etc"

Edit the same guy who believes he's dead has now posted a false report on Nicolas Cage been killed in a bike crash and he believes it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

M5 wrote: »
    Discussion on this photo, clearly fake, some genius figures this is the reason it's fake

Sorry for my ignorance here but........... in what way do you mean this photo is "fake"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance here but........... in what way do you mean this photo is "fake"?

Where's the 'info structure' such as roads or cities? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

MrStuffins wrote: »

Where to begin...

- No cities
    - No roads
    - Very basic representation of mountain ranges
    - Non mountainous areas shown to be flat
    - Curvature of the earth is wrong
    - Clouds aren't that close to space
    - Scale of Ireland/UK totally wrong considering this looks like it was taken in space

I could go on but it's very, very fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

This hurts my head. I've no idea what is being/or meant to be said.

"Great see u have turned your life over to the lord born again an all none that pleasuring yourslef an all the ya may block.you jizz if your right arm causes u two sin cast it from u john.1'13 god bless my freind"

"Great see u have turned your life over to the lord born again an all none that pleasuring yourslef an all the ya may block.you jizz if your right arm causes u two sin cast it from u john.1'13 god bless my freind"

• Advertisement

You can say that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Good to see you've embraced your imaginary friend and stopped **** before your arm fell off.

I'll condense that into two words.

You Wan*er.

sligojoek wrote:
    I'll condense that into two words.

You Wan*er.

The fella he said it to thanked him for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

"pleasuring yourslef an all "

At least they didn't say "pleasuring yourslef anal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The fella he said it to thanked him for it.

Great to see that you've turned your life over to the lord (has he become a Born Again Christian?)
    No more pleasuring yourself, an all.
    If you're right arm causes you to sin (****, I guess), cast it from you (a strange turn of phrase to be using when talking about not ****)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'Info structure', I love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

is it ''cool'' to spell like you failed primary school now or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What is huje? Took me awhile to get changes (at least I think that's what the last two words are)!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement