Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Those are my favourite bits 😀

Sack same is going to be my new saying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Those are my favourite bits 😀

I'll probably regret asking, but "uranium screens hots"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Holy ****.

Okay, me too....

What's all this about uranium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm guessing she meant 'ur' but autocorrect just filled in the rest of the word for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

sheep? wrote: »

What's all this about uranium?

She obviously doesn't lead a full life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'll probably regret asking, but "uranium screens hots"?

Autocorrect for 'your screenshots'.
    Ashamed to say I understood that bit straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"RIP MA TEN YRS TODAY U LEFT US"

"She wit de angels now love"

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

"pure out n out angle"

"sleep ti maria"

"come down d gaff few jints"

"down in a minah".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ My brain just died a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

fussyonion wrote: »

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

"pure out n out angle"

"sleep ti maria"

"down in a minah".

Fussyonion, treasure
    your Facebook friends.
    Even when they're 'gon to jine the angles n heavin' they're still pure gold.

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

"pure out n out angle"

"sleep ti maria"

"down in a minah".

Surely a typo on their part? :pac:

Also....

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

I can only assume that's an attempt at spelling 'hearts' with a few 'jints' onboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sheep? wrote: »
    Surely a typo on their part? :pac:

Also....

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

I can only assume that's an attempt at spelling 'hearts' with a few 'jints' onboard.
    Could be a new fb spelling for taawts

Oh lord.

Thoughts. Oh ****ing hell.

I gave them too much credit. >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

"Always ib our tgiughtz"

"pure out n out angle"

"sleep ti maria"

"down in a minah".

If you read it in a Dublin accent it makes perfect sense (except for the 'tgiughts' bit).

Strangely enough, when I type in 'tgiughts' my phone corrects it to 'thoughts'.
    Now that is a SMART phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

"Good luck cha" made me spit out my tea :) fussyonion I cant stop laughing here ,and I did have to read it in a different accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Ok, stormy times at Casa XXX. Loads of lessons learned this week. Not only work wise. The sentence once a cheater always a cheater is definitely true. Knew, that my ex was cheating on me once I thought. Was hearing yesterday it was not just one woman but four! Fair play to him! And he ruined a marriage while being with me! Note to myself: "stay away from any male creature!"

(She knew he was married before they started going out!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Woke up to the news that a guy I know who worked in Japan with me (he's still there) has just become a father. The Japanese mother (I also know her) posted it on facebook.

That's all great news, but the child's middle name is Samwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can never see Fussyonions tinypic posts for some reason, it just opens up for a blank screen on my phone....

I need visuals damn it - try imgur... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Fieldog wrote: »
    I can never see Fussyonions tinypic posts for some reason, it just opens up for a blank screen on my phone....

Me too, weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

http://imgur.com/7C2vTbz

http://imgur.com/a/WP1hm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same here unless I go on Opera browser. Tinypic brings up 3's adult filter warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Same here unless I go on Opera browser. Tinypic brings up 3's adult filter warning.

Thank you Fussyonion! :)

Happens at home on WiFi, I'm never really on data - chrome browser on a Nexus 5, it's weird one... :/

I must see does it open on Chrome on PC, might just be a Chrome thing, but hey who uses PC's nowadays? :P

Anyway, for true gents everywhere:

http://imgur.com/8qikwLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Chrome on home pc opens tinypic and shows picture(s)
    Chrome on work pc does open tinypic but doesnt show the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Facebook fight follows this pic!!:

http://tinypic.com/r/359fk88/9

http://tinypic.com/r/jkgmx1/9

And now some FB dialogue:

OP's friend: "Theres no way that any scan photos would be identical to each other.... what a sad thing to do... especially when you are friends with her"

OP's sister: "How was it a mistake?"

Accused: "I wanted to put up mine but I had uranium screens hots and posted it by mistake as I'd I would ever do that OP me phone has a mind of its one no need to make a show of me all over Facebook it's was a mistake do ye mind taking it down"

Accused: "I'm only after getting on in don't have to explain myself to a child"

OP's sister: "Clearly not a child! Why did ya screen shot someone else's scan that's a bit weird!!"

Accused: "I used to hang around with her I just want to see the size different styles and so I saved it obviously it's the sack same pick it's not hard to see if said sorry it was a mistake again"

OP's other friend: "Ahhhhh lads!"

Accused: "Keep ye noise out of it was a mistake ye nosey c*nt"

OP's other friend: "Hahahaha grow up would ya be able for ya scarla for u honestly"

Accused: "Get over it everyone makes mistake I hot of the wrong one me child's no were that size ye edit Gowanbank with ye self"

OP's other friend: "Keep it up getting smart with me yeah horrible c*nt.. you'll get smart with the wrong person made in warning yeah"

Accused: "Why (NAME WITHHELD) what would you do!"

OP's other friend: "I find it very funny ya always start with people when you "PREGNANT" We're all not sure bags like you that would touch a pregnant girl just remeber your pregnant for nine months not forever so count your blessings ya little runt"

OP: "Take my scan pic down how cud u mistake it (ACCUSED NAME) you have it up all day how wud u feel if I did that on u Der was no need for it and it wasn't a mistake its just sad"

Accused: "Think what ye want love me child's nowhere the size of ye child and looks nun like it always drama good luck cha"

OP's other friend: "How could ya mistake your scan for hers if your child is nowere the side of hers and then leave it up all day"

Accused: "I just said that and it is down and I only came on f*ck off ye tick nun to do with ye ya horrible yoke"

OP's sister: "Then why is the scan of (OP's) baby still up and not your own scan?"
    Accused: "It's ducking not."

OP's cousin: "Wtf hun?"

OP: "Yeah hun she rob my scan photo I gave her all day to take it down And she didn't"

Cousin: "Did she take it down?"

OP: "Yeah only now when I put this up xx"

OP: "OK then why rob it of my page you new wah you were doing (ACCUSED) and wah (NAME WITHHELD) said."

Accused: "Get over it is didn't know"

OP: "No I want get over it (ACCUSED) how wud u feel if I did that on u"

OP's friend: "Cause she's and absolute weapon (NAME WITHHELD)"

Accused: "Weapon your one of a kind I'll say no more"

OP's friend: "Yeah horrible fat little flea keep it up yea keyboard warrior is all you are giving it large about everyone remeber this (ACCUSED) your pregnant for nine months and that's all your day will come after everything you've done on all the girls watch yea smelly fishy pissy b*stard"

Accused: "I'll check then yah the cheek to say anything about me ye dirt hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha"

Sweet fcuk. Society really is ****ed if these idiots keep spawning..

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

On quite a popular FB group that's generally satirical and poking gentle fun at Irishness, particularly rural Ireland, some keyboard warrior is desperately trawling for likes. She's posted up a letter of complaint she's written to a supermarket about how she saw a manager treat a homeless guy sat outside the shop. I mean, good on her for writing the letter and taking a stand and all that, but posting it online, not on her own Facebook page, but on a group page just because thousands more people might see it is just the worst kind of like-whoring slacktivism.

What makes it better though is that the nascent angry mob are desperate to share the post but the group she's posted it to is closed so there's no sharing option. Most of the comments are the group's outraged auld wans desperately trying to figure out why they can't share the post. For once, it's not a "don't share, copy and paste" job and they're flummoxed.

- Is this on their page? Can I share it?

- Grrrr. I'm trying to figure out how to share.

- I copied and pasted it to my page. So I can now share to their page.

- I copied and pasted and it didnt come up. Couzld it be that they screen their posts?

- I know did the same and it's not coming up. So I've shared it from my page and friends are sharing it.

- Would twitter be better?

- I'll tweet it too but I haven't many followers

- How do I tweet such a lge amnt of text?

- Think you'd need to put it up as a link

- Or screen shot it? I can't figure out how to paste it once I have it copied

- You just go to where the pen to tweet it. Press on it to open and press for a few seconds to paste x Or on your FB page go write comment. Press a few secs and then paste will pop up. Press it.

- Not sure, you need the bright young techies for that but can you tweet a link I wonder?

- I think a link will only work if the person to whose page it is linked has their settings on public. I don't.

- I put it on twitter! Haa! I copied and pasted the link to the page. Then I wrote disgusted ,#shame on you

Oooooh, #shame. You've tweeted it to your 13 spambot Twitter followers. NOW this giant corporation will be scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And each and every single one of those idiots thinks they made the world a better place with their efforts.

Absolutely. But the self-described "employed middle class, moneyed" letter-writer has got her hundreds of likes and the commenters feel like they've raised awareness of an issue literally everyone is all too aware of. So everyone's happy... except the homeless guy who sparked this off who's undoubtedly still homeless, hungry and begging.

:D
    OMGWACAlly-pally!

Guilty as charged Generic Kovu! :D I didn't get involved in the discussion about it, but jaysus, it made my teeth itch.

ally_pally wrote: »
    Guilty as charged Generic Kovu! :D I didn't get involved in the discussion about it, but jaysus, it made my teeth itch.

Yea I did an eye roll when reading it. The beginning of it made her sound very self centered ''Hey folks, this is unrelated to the page but I think it might deserve a public reading'' and
    ''but I saw something today that I cannot ignore.''
    You can do a lot without blurting it to the world of Facebook. Yes the manager was wrong to do that but wouldn't it be better off addressing him or his superior directly. Instead there's public outcry and the fella could lose his job over something that we're only getting one side of. For all we know the homeless chap had caused trouble before or doesn't even exist. People are taking her story as truth without any proof given except the posters word as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

So where should I book for the deserved public reading of this "J'accuse" of our time? Is The Abbey big enough? Does the Convention Centre have the required political and historical weight? Is Croke Park still covered in glitter and glowsticks from Beyonce?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement