Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Dolbert wrote: »
    Funny how the people constantly posting about legalising weed to sock it to "big pharma" also just happen to be massive stoners :pac:

Not really , there being a large intersection of people who want to legalize weed and Weed users is surely to be expected and not the least bit strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I didn't say it was strange, I said it was funny!

"Cannabis cures cancer and that's absolutely the reason I want it legalised >_>"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Girls can be mean, so let's share the love .💓All of the women that I'm nominating are strong women that I admire and inspire me for one reason or another.😊You're all beautiful. It's that time of the year again when we often get challenged!
    🙋🏽And now I'm challenging you.
    So upload 3 photos of yourself that you feel the most beautiful ❤.
    Then nominate 39 (if you can) or more gorgeous girls that you think are beautiful to do the same, build yourself up instead of tearing yourself down!! 💅🏼Lets see all the beauty! Tap and hold the status to copy.❤thanks for nomin****** ****** ☺️

Yet another one of those copy paste statuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Danny_B wrote: »

"Build yourself up instead of tearing yourself down" it says, while also appearing to imply that "You better be beautiful though, or else you're worthless!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Like those "if you give a sh1t about people with (insert disease here) then post this on your status for an hour!"

And this will achieve what exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My cousin (and 24 others) tagged in a ridiculously posed, overly edited selfie with the caption "dno girls stil tink im uglee"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

rawn wrote: »
    My cousin (and 24 others) tagged in a ridiculously posed, overly edited selfie with the caption "dno girls stil tink im uglee"

Is she ugly? Or just trying to act modest and gain lots of praise....Either way it's serious attention seeking crap!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

dahm all i can sey iz “i jus shake tha haterz off” thtz jus how i roll bcuz yu cnt let haterz get ta yu nd bring yu dwn. yu gotz ta b stronger than them nd hav fun doin it nd laughin in their faces. bcuz tha less yu show it affects yu tha madder they get nd itz funny wen yu make yur haterz mad.

Well ok then!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Danny_B wrote: »

But don't share it! It must be copy and paste or else you are an uggo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I'm sure it's been posted before:

"Top 20 girls names to be pregnant in 2016!!!1!

1. Sally
    2. Jane
    3. Mary........"

And of course the obligatory clown tagging another clown who's name is on the list with the standard reply of "ah jayzziz will ya stop no way im getting preggers dis yeer".

Ugh, please fcuk right off my newsfeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Cake Man wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been posted before:

"Top 20 girls names to be pregnant in 2016!!!1!

1. Sally
    2. Jane
    3. Mary........"

And of course the obligatory clown tagging another clown who's name is on the list with the standard reply of "ah jayzziz will ya stop no way im getting preggers dis yeer".

Ugh, please fcuk right off my newsfeed.

Funnily enough a while back I saw a girl post up a status about how her name was number one on that list and how she wouldn't ever get pregnant at this day and age especially with no boyfriend!

Fast forward to now and she has very recently put up a picture of her scan... :P:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Funnily enough a while back I saw a girl post up a status about how her name was number one on that list and how she wouldn't ever get pregnant at this day and age especially with no boyfriend!

Fast forward to now and she has very recently put up a picture of her scan... :P:P:P:P

That's the power of FaceBook right there !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wish all the proud mothers would fook off, I don't care how your child came into the world
    ❤PROUD MUMMY ❤👣
    Name:
    D.o.b:
    Place of birth:
    Time:
    Pain relief:
    Type of birth:
    Birth weight:
    Weeks of pregnancy:
    Day:
    A mother never forgets ❤
    If you're a proud mother post this to your status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

pc7 wrote: »
    Wish all the proud mothers would fook off, I don't care how your child came into the world

On the plus side, save all that info, and you've got all the security questions for the kids in a few years time - mother's maiden name, DOB, place of birth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thoie wrote: »
    On the plus side, save all that info, and you've got all the security questions for the kids in a few years time - mother's maiden name, DOB, place of birth...

That's precisely why these things are started!
    Poeple are literally volunteering the information needed so that people can "hack" into their accounts!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A family friend is from the states but has been living in Ireland for the last 20ish years. He's got some feelings about Hilary Clinton. He no likey Hilary Clinton, he really likey Bernie Sanders. Which you know, I sympathise. But it's over man FFS. Also you don't live there. In fairness to him, he's gotten into some big shouting arguments offline with fellow Americans over it, it's not just facebook posturing or virtue signalling or whatever. I miss his mindfulness updates and videos of cute kids though.

Another lad is the complete opposite, absolutely raving rabid Trump supporter. Puts up really vicious statuses about Sanders (apparently Sanders bought a $600k house there, fills his little right-wing heart with glee), calls Trump 'the Donald', weird memes about gun-control, and Hilary and Bernie and all the demmycrats. Until recently his profile pic was Trump drinking from a cup labelled CNN Tears. Seems completely normal and nice and friendly in person, oh AND HE'S BORN AND RAISED AND RESIDENT IN THE WEST OF IRELAND.

Every fcuking US election year I find out who my weird friends are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

was it definitely her scan though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

From this afternoon;
    Silver medal for Ireland in men's riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

"Don't tag me in a video of those cúnts ever again"

That was in reply to being tagged in a video of 2 American idiots performing an idiotic thing call "dabbing" in the crowd at several events in Rio.

Knowing the guy probably makes it all the funnier but I hope the bluntness and pure hatred can be appreciated. I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If Carlsberg done disasters... I'd probably be the best disaster in the world!!! 😂😂😂
    So Timmae rings me last night and says the first sound he wants his new son *** to hear when he comes out into the real world is Janspeed FM and the sound of a Twincam! So off we go to Holles Street hospital to collect the baby in style in my Twincam!
    The baby gets into the Twincam and low and behold the car won't start 😂 Eventually we push it down the road and it starts! The look of relief on Mrs Timmaes face was epic and they were just starting to slag me saying I can't go anywhere when the car rolls to a stop again in the middle of Dublin city centre 🙈
    With my godson **** taking priority the Timmae clan get a taxi home and leave me with the twincam outside some flats on Macken Street. After explaining to every local AJH (Ah Jaysis howaya) that my car wasn't a Ferrari and didn't look anything like one 2 hours later my mate Jimmae picks me up on the towtruck. Around the corner we go and boom we get pulled by the Garda and they take the towtruck AND the Twincam off us!
    As they say folks the rest is history! I'm off to the pub! Cos at this stage I just give up!

The tow truck was taken because it had no tax, just like the twincam.

Did i mention he has a twincam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Super-Rush wrote: »

What does that mean? Since when do people refer to their car as The Twincam? One of mine is a twincam, big swinging mickey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What does that mean? Since when do people refer to their car as The Twincam? One of mine is a twincam, big swinging mickey?

It's a 1983-87 Toyota Corolla, IIRC it's because it was sold with a "Twin Cam" sticker on the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That's brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"My daughter starts middle school tomorrow. We've decorated her locker, bought new uniforms, even surprised her with a new backpack. But tonight just before bed, we did another pre-middle school task that is far more important than the others. I gave her a tube of toothpaste and asked her to squirt it out onto a plate. When she finished, I calmly asked her to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. She began exclaiming things like 'But I can't!' and 'It won't be like it was before!' I quietly waited for her to finish and then said the following:

'You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life. Your words have the power of life or death. As you go into middle school, you are about to see just how much weight your words carry. You are going to have the opportunity to use your words to hurt, demean, slander and wound others. You are also going to have the opportunity to use your words to heal, encourage, inspire and love others. You will occasionally make the wrong choice; I can think of three times this week I have used my own words carelessly and caused harm. Just like this toothpaste, once the words leave your mouth, you can't take them back. Use your words carefully, Breonna. When others are misusing their words, guard your words. Make the choice every morning that life-giving words will come out of your mouth. Decide tonight that you are going to be a life-giver in middle school. Be known for your gentleness and compassion. Use your life to give life to a world that so desperately needs it. You will never, ever regret choosing kindness.' "

The sentiment is great and all, it's just so annoyingly sanctimonious. *I'd slap me ma if she ever said that to me!

*I would never slap my mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"My daughter starts middle school tomorrow. We've decorated her locker, bought new uniforms, even surprised her with a new backpack. But tonight just before bed, we did another pre-middle school task that is far more important than the others. I gave her a tube of toothpaste and asked her to squirt it out onto a plate. When she finished, I calmly asked her to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. She began exclaiming things like 'But I can't!' and 'It won't be like it was before!' I quietly waited for her to finish and then said the following:

'You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life. Your words have the power of life or death. As you go into middle school, you are about to see just how much weight your words carry. You are going to have the opportunity to use your words to hurt, demean, slander and wound others. You are also going to have the opportunity to use your words to heal, encourage, inspire and love others. You will occasionally make the wrong choice; I can think of three times this week I have used my own words carelessly and caused harm. Just like this toothpaste, once the words leave your mouth, you can't take them back. Use your words carefully, Breonna. When others are misusing their words, guard your words. Make the choice every morning that life-giving words will come out of your mouth. Decide tonight that you are going to be a life-giver in middle school. Be known for your gentleness and compassion. Use your life to give life to a world that so desperately needs it. You will never, ever regret choosing kindness.' "

The sentiment is great and all, it's just so annoyingly sanctimonious. *I'd slap me ma if she ever said that to me!

It's not bad. Breonna, though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Super-Rush wrote: »

HAD. He HAD a twincam. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭893bet

Middle school? Just a copy and paste she pretended she did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I thought it was going to be about getting pregnant and having a baby and when the baby comes out you can't put it back into the tube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

'You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life.

The arrogance off this line makes me want to scream.

I was also a bit of a git as a child if my parents had tried this I would have just kept going on about toothpaste until they had given up trying to make their point.

This toothpaste ,what brand is it , does your point still stand with a different brand , should we check. You say I cant get this back in , hold on let me try. You might not get that back in but I think i might etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement