Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

sheep? wrote: »

Free the hoe. I'm an implement not an insult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Samsgirl wrote:
    U is a hoe with a big ass bouncing in the air flickin yo hair and thinkin you is the **** damn girl u gotta go back to school and get yourself an education damn hoe

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Both of them need school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Samsgirl wrote:
    U is a hoe with a big ass bouncing in the air flickin yo hair and thinkin you is the **** damn girl u gotta go back to school and get yourself an education damn hoe

Are they for Inner City New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Are they for Inner City New York.

Kilkenny i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

mackeire wrote: »
    Kilkenny i'd say

Little further south than KK

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Put up a black and white selfie of yourself and challenge your friends to do the same.
    It's for the Cancer Challenge"

Ah, so that's the cure for that nasty ould cancer yoke. It was that simple all along, but it took Facebook to show us the way, as always...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

coolhull wrote: »
    "Put up a black and white selfie of yourself and challenge your friends to do the same.
    It's for the Cancer Challenge"

Ah, so that's the cure for that nasty ould cancer yoke. It was that simple all along, but it took Facebook to show us the way, as always...

Well, at least it isn't a black and white camel toe picture again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Or a moose knuckle challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My favourite part of that WOMAN post is the acrostic where each point basically identifies women with respect to their relationship to me, rather than their strengths as people in general.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

"Nicest gift to men"

"Until a man can produce life, He should never disrespect a woman"

F**k right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"Nicest gift to men"

"Until a man can produce life, He should never disrespect a woman"

F**k right off

Yeah! Women aren't all that!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

endacl wrote: »
    Yeah! Women aren't all that!

:mad:

I don't think your ready for this jelly!

**clicks fingers and rolls head like Moesha**

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Ah jaysis!!! Who in their right mind would share this??!! Bleedin pox can get the boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ah jaysis!!! Who in their right mind would share this??!! Bleedin pox can get the boat!

Boat? They can get straight in the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

getting fat is inevitable?!?!? :eek:

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I haven't even logged into FB today and already I know which of my friends will have shared that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Omg another one of my favourites one of the best films ever made hopefully he is in the great chocolate factory in the sky rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

for some reason i thought Gene Wilder was already dead. Rip </3

Why bother posting at all then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Not a status as such but a post from a member of a group I'm in. A lady who was a member of the group had sent a PM to an existing member. The message was that she was checking out which was quite cryptic. The existing member posted wondering if anyone knew where the lady who had messaged her was based because she was worried. Long story short the lady who had messaged her maybe tried to end her life. The existing member had contacted the daughter of the lady who went to her mam's house and an ambulance was called straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

KKkitty wrote: »
    Not a status as such but a post from a member of a group I'm in. A lady who was a member of the group had sent a PM to an existing member. The message was that she was checking out which was quite cryptic. The existing member posted wondering if anyone knew where the lady who had messaged her was based because she was worried. Long story short the lady who had messaged her maybe tried to end her life. The existing member had contacted the daughter of the lady who went to her mam's house and an ambulance was called straight away.

Sometimes (very rarely) Facebook can prove useful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

coolhull wrote: »
    Sometimes (very rarely) Facebook can prove useful

I know people have been reunited with material possessions here and there because of Facebook but this really warmed my heart. These women had never met each other but when one reached out to the other there was only one thing that the existing member could have done and that was to try everything to help no matter how far away she was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cake Man

A wan posts a selfie of herself with the title "Challenge excepted"

No idea what the "challenge" was either.

Ugh *facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Are these women of the 1950's???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Challenge Accepted.

It's the latest viral craze; people sharing black and white selfies for "cancer awareness" or to "show support for people with cancer"... That is ABSOLUTELY not what you are doing.

Everyone on Facebook is aware of cancer, so you cannot play the awareness card, particularly as this time it's not even a *type* of cancer. You're not raising money. You're not showing support either.

Do you really think someone with cancer will be happy because you posted a narcissistic picture with an arty filter? No. They won't. Go visit them in hospital, or take them to chemo, or cook them a meal. Hell, even send them a Facebook message to let them know you are thinking of them. But this? This does **** ALL.

This selfie here is awareness of what cancer does to your body. You can see the result of one successful, and one botched mastectomy and revision. You can't see the effect chemo has had on my immune system, my hands and feet, or my memory. You can't see the psychological effects cancer has had on me or my children (who might also have the gene). You can't see the scars from my oophorectomy (removal of ovaries) either. You can see my bitchin' eyebrows, but they're tattoos; chemo stole my real ones.

Seriously, people, WAKE UP. The "anything that promotes awareness is good" argument isn't valid; terrorist acts promote awareness of terrorism, but we don't encourage them. Also, as I've said before, everyone is aware of cancer. All this "campaign" does is antagonise many people who have cancer and who need actual help, not a selfie. Someone cunningly decided to start a viral Facebook campaign to achieve precisely nothing, and they USED cancer in their attempt to go viral. That's SICK and TWISTED.

Stop it. Stop it now."

Along with a selfie of a topless woman who has a double masectomy. This is the best possible response to the attention seekers imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ugh every ****ing man shud go tru pain like this once a month. The ***** get away with ****ing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

rawn wrote: »
    "Challenge Accepted.

It's the latest viral craze; people sharing black and white selfies for "cancer awareness" or to "show support for people with cancer"... That is ABSOLUTELY not what you are doing.
    ---
    Along with a selfie of a topless woman who has a double masectomy. This is the best possible response to the attention seekers imo

The mic is dropped and everyone goes home because there is no come back to that.

Fair play to her, this narcissistic "take a photo of yourself and comment on mine for utterly interchangeable reasons" crap is beyond idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I was laughing at my mam today. She was showing me a whole endless PM exchange with a friend of hers.

The friend sends a picture of a bouquet of flowers and it tells my mam to send 10 to other friends with 1 of those back to the friend who sent it.

She sends something similar to my mam every second day. They never actually have a conversation about anything but just sending these things back and forth.

My mam never sends them to anyone else but she does feel obliged to send one back to the sender which results in a pointless ping pong of virtual flowers and compliment cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement