Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

On Facebook today I read one of those memory things - girl shared it talking about the loss of her baby. Picture of Facebook users face looking sad.

Holy moley, I never knew she had a kid, let alone one that died! Looking at all the sorry for your loss posts, all pure grief. Sh1t, must be true. I feel like pure muck off someones shoe not knowing or acknowledging her loss, how could I be so insensitive! I was racking my brains trying to think if I ever said anything stupid to her about babies.

So I click on the memory to try find out the babys name to maybe send her a mass card or something!

Turns out she's on about her f$cking dead cat.:mad:

UNFRIEND.

I know this is an old post, but my God, wasn't your one some c***!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh god my bby girls starting junior infints skool tomw . I just cant beleive it. Lump in throathh. Happening two quick love you so much sewwtheart you make my day evry day be lost with out you lilymoo cakes seems only yestrdy i cut the imbulical cord and you screamed your head off and now look at u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh god my bby girls starting junior infints skool tomw . I just cant beleive it. Lump in throathh. Happening two quick love you so much sewwtheart you make my day evry day be lost with out you lilymoo cakes seems only yestrdy i cut the imbulical cord and you screamed your head off and now look at u

At least the kid will be able to teach her Mam how to spell properly, once she finishes Junior Infants next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

They should have taken that 'imbulical' cord and strangled her with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

rawn wrote: »
    "Challenge Accepted.

It's the latest viral craze; people sharing black and white selfies for "cancer awareness" or to "show support for people with cancer"... That is ABSOLUTELY not what you are doing.

Everyone on Facebook is aware of cancer, so you cannot play the awareness card, particularly as this time it's not even a *type* of cancer. You're not raising money. You're not showing support either.

Do you really think someone with cancer will be happy because you posted a narcissistic picture with an arty filter? No. They won't. Go visit them in hospital, or take them to chemo, or cook them a meal. Hell, even send them a Facebook message to let them know you are thinking of them. But this? This does **** ALL.

This selfie here is awareness of what cancer does to your body. You can see the result of one successful, and one botched mastectomy and revision. You can't see the effect chemo has had on my immune system, my hands and feet, or my memory. You can't see the psychological effects cancer has had on me or my children (who might also have the gene). You can't see the scars from my oophorectomy (removal of ovaries) either. You can see my bitchin' eyebrows, but they're tattoos; chemo stole my real ones.

Seriously, people, WAKE UP. The "anything that promotes awareness is good" argument isn't valid; terrorist acts promote awareness of terrorism, but we don't encourage them. Also, as I've said before, everyone is aware of cancer. All this "campaign" does is antagonise many people who have cancer and who need actual help, not a selfie. Someone cunningly decided to start a viral Facebook campaign to achieve precisely nothing, and they USED cancer in their attempt to go viral. That's SICK and TWISTED.

Stop it. Stop it now."

Along with a selfie of a topless woman who has a double masectomy. This is the best possible response to the attention seekers imo

I always admire the people who shave their heads for cancer, especially women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I always admire the people who shave their heads for cancer, especially women.

Can we all agree that everytime we see a "challenge accepted" selfie, we suggest the narcissist shave their head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was glad I was escaping lighty on my feed, but have just seen a random Challenge Accepted selfie.

In real life she is sensible & normal, hard to resist posting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"finally have me own phone can you imaging sharing one phone for facebook **** buzz"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The cat run fast they can jump high I never fine my cat jump highs he crap the roof she walk over side roof my father saw furball he came to walk across one block to ring bell I was steam to yelled furball get down she hear my voice yelled loud get down and she happed acceiny she hit of her head by the fence she just cutted her. Head she was okay safe no damage but she grew to get old pain her head shake seized she can't control her bathroom, she was 22 year old passed wayfeb11, 2011

This was a comment on a video of a dog chasing a cat over a fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

razorblunt wrote: »
    This was a comment on a video of a dog chasing a cat over a fence.

But it sounds like the poster's first language is not English, in which case it's understandable. Even if the grammar is poor, the spelling is mostly correct. That's why I suspect he/she isn't Irish-born.
    It's the home-grown variety who make gobsh1tes of themselves on FB....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

One of my friends puts up a status about being best slimmer of the week or something- I like it, being nice, and then get a fcuking friend request from random woman who is apparently slimming club leader!

Get in the sea!
    And bring your points with you!

mansize wrote: »
    One of my friends puts up a status about being best slimmer of the week or something- I like it, being nice, and then get a fcuking friend request from random woman who is apparently slimming club leader!

Get in the sea!

This girl on my timeline put up something similar and when I said "Congrats", I got a friend request from her slimming leader too.
    A bloke, though, so not the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

This girl on my timeline put up something similar and when I said "Congrats", I got a friend request from her slimming leader too.
    A bloke, though, so not the same person.

Get in the sea!

Ladies, it must be insulting whether you're heavy or not! The implication seems to be that you need to join slimming world, some cheek your one!

Ladies, it must be insulting whether you're heavy or not! The implication seems to be that you need to join slimming world, some cheek your one!

Hah..irony is that I've lost 6stone without slimming clubs. Cant stand them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Get in the sea!
    Thanks for the heads-up! A random acquaintance added me on fb recently (mate's sister in law, who was always a bit stand-offish in person). I was wondering why on earth they would add me after years of barely knowing them. Bingo - they're involved with some pyramid scheme or other, flogging all sorts of "health and wellness" and weight-loss stuff. Think the Invigoron berry episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then she added me to their business fb page too, so is just trawling through her relative's contacts for anyone who might be worth squeezing a few quid out of.

Oh and then she added to some weight loss group or other, with thousands of members, affiliated with the pyramid scheme. I quickly unsubscribed but got added yet again. I don't even live in Ireland or am overweight, there is no chance I'm gonna be buying any of this stuff, especially from someone who doesn't seem to value the privacy of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

coolhull wrote: »
    But it sounds like the poster's first language is not English, in which case it's understandable. Even if the grammar is poor, the spelling is mostly correct. That's why I suspect he/she isn't Irish-born.
    It's the home-grown variety who make gobsh1tes of themselves on FB....

Nope, the poster is American.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

"my beutiful kitten got rand over by a esso lorry today, at least now she an anglr in heaven wit my granny (sad-face)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

XR3i wrote: »
    "my beutiful kitten got rand over by a esso lorry today, at least now she an anglr in heaven wit my granny (sad-face)

Angler? Fishing with granny?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

endacl wrote: »
    Angler? Fishing with granny?

No, in South Africa where they pay with rand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I am no lady, (male) but could def lose a few pounds!!! :D

• Advertisement

stinkle wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up! A random acquaintance added me on fb recently (mate's sister in law, who was always a bit stand-offish in person). I was wondering why on earth they would add me after years of barely knowing them. Bingo - they're involved with some pyramid scheme or other, flogging all sorts of "health and wellness" and weight-loss stuff. Think the Invigoron berry episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then she added me to their business fb page too, so is just trawling through her relative's contacts for anyone who might be worth squeezing a few quid out of.

Oh and then she added to some weight loss group or other, with thousands of members, affiliated with the pyramid scheme. I quickly unsubscribed but got added yet again. I don't even live in Ireland or am overweight, there is no chance I'm gonna be buying any of this stuff, especially from someone who doesn't seem to value the privacy of others.

Love the reference.

I was going to post a gif of Dee but I was unable, I usually can but there seems to be some options missing to add links or am I going crazy, I could post the link but you'd have to click it, it loses it's impact that way. Anyone notice anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Love the reference.

I was going to post a gif of Dee but I was unable, I usually can but there seems to be some options missing to add links or am I going crazy, I could post the link but you'd have to click it, it loses it's impact that way. Anyone notice anything?
    Sounds like you have very high units of stress :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Special thoughts today to a wonderful beautiful lady,who as A child I always admired and followed enjoy your peace our princess of whales X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Love the reference.

You're not going crazy, the ability to embed pics is disabled on After Hours. People were posting all kinds of naughty ones apparently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Special thoughts today to a wonderful beautiful lady,who as A child I always admired and followed enjoy your peace our princess of whales X

It isn't often I laugh out loud at stuff I read but.....princess of whales!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fineso.mom wrote: »
    It isn't often I laugh out loud at stuff I read but.....princess of whales!!!

It's a keeper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

onslaught of 'First day of school pics' ahead

maudgonner wrote: »
    You're not going crazy, the ability to embed pics is disabled on After Hours. People were posting all kinds of naughty ones apparently :)

Thanks for solving that mystery for me it was doing my head in, shame I didn't see said naughty pics either.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

I laughed at loud the thread talking about slimming world then the princess of whales I have an image in my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I would be very tempted to "offendedly" ask if she was trying to tell me something with the re-adding :P I probably wouldn't do anything about it, but I'd definitely contemplate the resulting chaos. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement