Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Seven day challenge
    to post pictures with my spouse for 7 days to promote love and marriage. To keep it going I must tag a friend each day to do the same.

Jesus how sad and needy can people get! Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I have one friend in here 30s who is constantly posting selfies with half her boobs out, getting people to vote for her in FB 'model' competitions that Bebo was so famous for and proclaiming she's vegan one day and eating chocolate the next.
    Which does my fuppin head in but she's genuinely a nice girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I have one friend in here 30s who is constantly posting selfies with half her boobs out, getting people to vote for her in FB 'model' competitions that Bebo was so famous for and proclaiming she's vegan one day and eating chocolate the next.
    Which does my fuppin head in but she's genuinely a nice girl!

Pics or GTFO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Pics or GTFO :pac:

Ha! She is always complaining about people reporting her photos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Ha! She is always complaining about people reporting her photos too.

Never mind that, where's the photos?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I love this thread. Thanks for translating the text spk posts Paddy Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I only translated the one, but hope to do more!

This thread makes me laugh and it has introduce two new words Telepis and Grooler

This thread makes me laugh and it has introduced me to two new words Telepis and Grooler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Jrop wrote: »
    This thread makes me laugh and it has introduced me to two new words Telepis and Grooler

And the bastardisation of the English language...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This thread makes me laugh and it has introduce two new words Telepis and Grooler

Grooler is actually spellled Grueler. Very common saying in Wexford.

For example

I gave that young lad some Grueler in the match yesterday.

Translates as, I bettered my opponent in the match yesterday.

Or

I gave that chap some grueler.

Meaning, I made fun of that young man.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Finally getting to bring LillyMoo [the pet cow?] to school after four 15 hour back to back gruellers [possibly working in the health care sector]. Seeing the Lollipop people has the memories flooding back! I'm so proud of my little girl.

defo groolers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

HS3 wrote: »
    Seven day challenge
    to post pictures with my spouse for 7 days to promote love and marriage. To keep it going I must tag a friend each day to do the same.

Jesus how sad and needy can people get! Feck off!

Be thankful you'll only have to suffer it for 7 days. An American friend of mine posts daily statuses and photos about her "blessed" husband along with many hashtags such as "Today I am thankful for... #djandkm #albertadventures #thewarriorandtheprincess #waybettertogether #lifeofawife #itsthelittlethings #marriage #qualitytime #fightforyourmarriage." She also marks every month they've been together, both dating anniversaries and wedding anniversaries.

XxMCRxBabyxX yuck. makes me wanna puke. I give their 'marriage' a year tops.
    her 'blessed' husband is probably sleeping around

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

XxMCRxBabyxX

I was going to ask for a translation there (until I scrolled up)!

PARlance LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Grooler is actually spellled Grueler. Very common saying in Wexford.

For example

I gave that young lad some Grueler in the match yesterday.

Translates as, I bettered my opponent in the match yesterday.

Or

I gave that chap some grueler.

Meaning, I made fun of that young man.

This is news to me and I've lived in Wexford for 16 years! :o

All I know of is 'quern'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

sheep? wrote: »
    This is news to me and I've lived in Wexford for 16 years! :o

All I know of is 'quern'.

Sure 16 years is still a blow in in Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Could be born here and still be a dub....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My friend has put up a selfie with herself and her friends who are all sitting next to her looking completely normal but she is pulling a wide-open mouth face like someone going down a rollercoaster. In all five selfies, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My friend has put up a selfie with herself and her friends who are all sitting next to her looking completely normal but she is pulling a wide-open mouth face like someone going down a rollercoaster. In all five selfies, actually.

Maybe one of the others has a finger stuck up her arse?

KunstNugget I snorted with laughter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Maybe one of the others has a finger stuck up her arse?

I'll never be able to look her in the eye again

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I'll never be able to look her in the eye again

Her brown eye?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Be thankful you'll only have to suffer it for 7 days. An American friend of mine posts daily statuses and photos about her "blessed" husband along with many hashtags such as "Today I am thankful for... #djandkm #albertadventures #thewarriorandtheprincess #waybettertogether #lifeofawife #itsthelittlethings #marriage #qualitytime #fightforyourmarriage." She also marks every month they've been together, both dating anniversaries and wedding anniversaries.

Jesus, I jinxed myself.

She's just put up yet another picture, this time of them on a date kissing. She's obsessed with kissing. I am 99.9% sure that they are one of those couples who saved their first kiss for marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Life of a wife :pac: where do people get their self importance from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

HS3 wrote: »
    Life of a wife :pac: where do people get their self importance from

I snorted at #thewarriorandtheprincess, but I think you're right that lifeofawife is the stand out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ATTENTION !!! [NAME] IN AUSTRALIA !! PLEASE CONTACT HOME, VERY URGENT, YOUR MOTHER IS VERY ILL !! PLEASE , PLEASE, PLEASE , YOU NEED TO CONTACT YOUR FAMILY IMMEDIATELY !! ATTENTION EVERYONE !! PLEASE SHARE THIS, IT IS URGENT TO GET THIS TO [NAME] DAUGHTER, IN AUSTRALIA, WHEREVER SHE IS WITH [NAME] GRANDAUGHTER, [NAME]. SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW WHERE SHE IS. THANK YOU. GOD LESS YOU.[/font]

Sometimes you need to shout on Facebook to get a message out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Why does everybody suddenly want to be my "friend"? I usually get one or two a day, but I've had about 60 in 2 days. Hacker, spam or something else? Is anybody else having lots of "friend" requests?[/font]

Do you suffer from explosive friend request disorder........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Danny_B wrote: »
    Sometimes you need to shout on Facebook to get a message out.

For some reason I find the "GOD LESS YOU" part hilarious :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement