Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Fair point also. He'd definately be allowed an appropriate adult with him id say :P

Was that guy on the radio this morning talking about how he beat up that peadophile he's another one that's just looking for praise he will prob get done for assault now

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Imprisoned in one's own rapidly shrinking brain is how a doctor described it to me. I wouldn't wish Dementia/ Alzheimers on my worst enemy. As the patient's brain slowly dies, they change physically and eventually forget who their loved ones are. Patients can eventually become bedridden, unable to move & unable to eat or drink. There will be people who will scroll by this message because Dementia/Alzheimer's has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a lov[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ed one who has led a battle against Dementia/Alzheimer's. For all the people I know, I ask a small favor. If you know someone who has battled with Dementia/Alzheimer's or is still struggling, please add this to your status for one hour. Copy & Paste to support victims & families affected by this cruel illness as there is no cure and there are no survivors! Hold your finger on the message to copy it, then paste it on your page. No tagging or sharing. Do this on behalf of all caregivers who love or care for someone with this disease.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For the many caregivers, my prayers and thanks![/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Where do people get this crap?![/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

via4 wrote: »
    Was that guy on the radio this morning talking about how he beat up that peadophile? He's another one that's just looking for praise. He will probably get done for assault now
    Just gave your post a mild de-facebooking there.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

endacl wrote: »
    Not a council house any more if you own it.

Originally the house I live in now was a council house, previous owners bought it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sentiment Mammals and Gardening Angles.

Dont know which is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

I was tagged (tonight) in a picture by a very good friend of mine, he's very sensible with a good job and an all round nice guy. But.
    The picture he tagged me in was a selfie of himself giving the A OK symbol divers use when under water. With the tag line that I, and 3 other people tagged in the picture, must do the same selfie and copy and paste this text.

"Lads usually don't like to talk about there feelings but a problem shared is a problem halved #itsokaytotalk

Many of us will know someone that has been a victim of suicide or been affected by depression. It's the single biggest killer of men aged under 45!. In 2014, 4623 men took their own life. That's 4623 too many!!! Let's show all men across the world that #itsokaytotalk. Take a selfie with the 👌sign, tag at least 5 friends and let's get the message out that it's ok to talk."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah it's the latest one doing the rounds to raise awareness for male mental health in Ireland.
    Only problem is it's supposed to come with a number for people to donate to. At least the versions I've seen so far had one.

Ever since the ice bucket challenge everyone is trying to come up with the next big thing for attention seeking under the guise of a good cause.
    Whatever works I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Yeah it's the latest one doing the rounds to raise awareness for male mental health in Ireland.
    Only problem is it's supposed to come with a number for people to donate to. At least the versions I've seen so far had one.

Ever since the ice bucket challenge everyone is trying to come up with the next big thing for attention seeking under the guise of a good cause.
    Whatever works I guess.
    It's one of the few I've indulged myself but the guy who tagged me had a number for Pieta House attached to it. Raising awareness is all well and good but raising funds for a good charity who actually help people affected is the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

It's one of the few I've indulged myself but the guy who tagged me had a number for Pieta House attached to it. Raising awareness is all well and good but raising funds for a good charity who actually help people affected is the better option

I suppose of all of those, that's one where the whole thing with the more people putting their faces to it does normalise it a bit and may ..if not -help-, at least not -not help-.

Or at least, if it wasn't the 54,673rd one of these to do the rounds.

****ing sick of hearing about mental ****in health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

inforfun wrote: »
    What is for dinner tonight?

Sentiment mammal.

Sounds good.

Followed by an entreé of a romantic duck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Life can be like an onion. Some layers make u cry, some not so bad but every onion has a heart and in the end it adds favour to life. Let's be honest u can't cook without one. Don't be afraid to peel

^^^ swear to fook. ..nearly smashed me phone when I saw it. They can't even use the simile properly.

So if:-
    life = onion
    Cook= live

The above translates as

Life adds flavour to life and you can't live without life?

GET IN THE SEA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Don't be afraid to...peel? O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

Heavenly Father, walk through my house, take away all my worries, any illnesses, please watch over and heal my family & comfort my friends in Jesus name, Amen. 😇This prayer is so powerful. Stop what your doing and set this to your status, and watch what He will do. Just simply copy and paste it.ðŸ™ðŸ¼

Somene who had terminal cancer once said, "don't be sad for me, we all come to this world to be a tourist, enjoy life, sightseeing, do good deeds and I just so happen to leave earlier than others". Today is Cancer Survivor Day. Can I ask a favor?? Just a few of you will do it, If you know someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away, or someone who is still struggling, or know a brave survivor copy and paste this to your status to show support, respect and love. Copy, do not share
    Prayers for all fighting 💞👼ðŸ¼ðŸ’«

I know that 97% of you won't broadcast this, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, copy and paste. 💕🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕

All three came from the same person. She's constantly posting these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    All three came from the same person. She's constantly posting these

Can I offer a quick solution? Back of the hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Local blogger posted two dresses on her FB page this morning asking which one was more suitable to wear to a wedding, the black or the red?
    One comment went as follows: "dere boat stunnin on ya luv but ware da black one cos it really shows off you're waste hun xxx"

I'm pretty sure said blogger doesn't particularly want to show off her 'waste' at the wedding. Or anywhere else for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

RhubarbCrumble I despair at the shocking spelling on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Jrop wrote: »
    RhubarbCrumble I despair at the shocking spelling on facebook.

So do I Jrop! I've just seen another one. Girl posting about how she had been conned out of money by a French guy she was supposed to be renting from.
    One of the comments: "Go to the gardai get a solisitor and it's fraud he be done for simples!"
    Punctuation and grammar are obviously a no-no here, but 'solisitor'. Seriously?!

Another comment: "France is a scumbag of a place always cuseing trouble and bombing if he done that to me I would kill him myself"
    Posted by someone who works at 'Full Time Mommy!:)'
    I assume 'cuseing' is supposed to be 'causing', but she seems to be under the impression that France is a person if that sentence is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

oh sweet lord RhubarbCrumble. I would click the hide posts button asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Jrop wrote:
    oh sweet lord RhubarbCrumble. I would click the hide posts button asap

Why? These are comedy gold for most of us (winky face)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

HS3 wrote:
    you can't live without life?

Wise words.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Local blogger posted two dresses on her FB page this morning asking which one was more suitable to wear to a wedding, the black or the red?
    One comment went as follows: "dere boat stunnin on ya luv but ware da black one cos it really shows off you're waste hun xxx"

It is probable that the underlined part of the sentence would be an accurate description of the poster, with correct spelling and punctuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

"I swear to god I'm going to end up in the menel sick of it all now"

^^^ Please go to the menel if they can fix your spelling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm normally good at translating these but I can't seem to get this one. Menel?

The mental hospital?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Kennel

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Kennel

She probably meant to write 'I swear to DOG I'm going to end up in the KENNEL sick of it all now' so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement