Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

We have got 15 (Play Station 4) that can’t be sold because they have been stock. Therefore we are giving them away for free. Want one of them? Just SHARE this photo & LIKE Our Page and we will choose 15 people completely at random on October 5!
    Comment `Done`

I hate people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

"They have been stock" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Dolbert wrote: »
    "They have been stock" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

They HAVE been stock. They are not stock anymore. Therefore they cannot be sold. I can't really make it any more simple for you. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We have got 15 (Major Rv) that can’t be sold because they have been stock. Therefore we are giving them away for free. Want one of them? Just SHARE this photo & LIKE Our Page and we will choose 15 people completely at random on October 5!
    Comment `Done`

There's a picture of a top-of-the-range RV (think Meet The Fockers)

So far it has 228k shares, over 65k comments of 'done'
    How many people think they have a chance of winning? :eek:

Edited to add: "Have been stock" again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Pherekydes wrote: »
    There's a picture of a top-of-the-range RV (think Meet The Fockers)

So far it has 228k shares, over 65k comments of 'done'
    How many people think they have a chance of winning? :eek:

Edited to add: "Have been stock" again. :)

228,000 apparently! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Would any of my Friends have a spare anti biotic floating around!? I've a chest infection &I don't fancy taking a credit union loan out to pay that pox of a doctor for 36 seconds of his time

---

I can't even. Like seriously. Someone offered him their leftovers of 4 days supply that they didn't need because their infection cleared up in three days. And then we wonder why we have antibiotic resistance??? He probably only has a cold ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Selfie videos are now a thing. I have seen a few people now change their profile pictures to videos of themselves preening in front of the camera. I'm so done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

rawn wrote: »
    Selfie videos are now a thing. I have seen a few people now change their profile pictures to videos of themselves peeingin front of the camera. I'm so done.

I thought I read this. I was ready to give up hope for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

rawn wrote: »
    Selfie videos are now a thing. I have seen a few people now change their profile pictures to videos of themselves preening in front of the camera. I'm so done.

I've had it ... officially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

We have got 15 (Play Station 4) that can’t be sold because they have been stock. Therefore we are giving them away for free. Want one of them? Just SHARE this photo & LIKE Our Page and we will choose 15 people completely at random on October 5!
    Comment `Done`

I hate people.

Saw that pop up the other day too, absolute garbage. The same person who shared it then shared a giveaway for a Ford Raptor pickup truck....in Ireland....riiiight.
    Still though what a time to be alive, companies giving away free shíte left, right and centre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I've deactivated my Facebook account. Nothing but reposted photos from 4 years ago, friendship anniversary posts. I need a break.
    Deactivation is a temporary thing so you can go back when you want.
    It's gas when you do it, Facebook puts up a few of your friend pictures and tells you these people will miss you.

Anyway I'll see how it goes
    Love this thread so will have to come here for my Facebook hits from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

O theirs gna be sore heads today ,😂😂😂,o but not me 1st day off sober Oct done 😉..enjoy yr Sunday xxx

Next post is a picture of vodka that she's about to demolish...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm gonna wade into this epic thread with the following gem from my aunt:

"I'm going to see who really cares....I need a hug or two! To give me a hug, like and share this post. I know who will hug me and who will not". *Includes picture of Mickey Mouse.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

kitten_k wrote: »
    Can't stand girls who do that bugs the life out of me I swear ����������������
    Cant buy formula, put the beer back. Cant buy nappies, put the cigarettes back. Cant afford new shoes or clothes for your kids, stop getting your hair done. You out there looking good while your poor kids are looking thrown away. When you decide to be a parent its OK to have fun, your not expected to be miserable but your kids should come first in every way. COPY AND PASTE IF YOUR A PARENT AND YOUR KIDS ARE YOUR PRIORITY !! ������������

Maybe get the f*ck off FB and pay attention to your kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I've a new Facebook gripe.
    Gone from the over exaggerated life changing advice conveyed entirely the Caps Lock to a greater evil, mostly due to the sheer number of them.
    It's my fault again. It's click bait and when I've things to do, I always fall for it.
    It's probably been mentioned, in fact I'd be extremely surprised if it hasn't.
    This Like, Comment and Share shíte.
    You must have seen at least one. People asking for free tickets to stuff or autographs or weekends away. Usually stuff of either great sentimental value or decent monetary value. (Weekend away for 2 in 5* hotel is a popular one.)
    They comment the page, get a reply telling them how much of each they need of each to gain their reward. (e.g. 5k likes, 4k comments, 3k shares).
    It annoys me that for companies, it's actually an excellent marketing strategy if someone does achieve it.
    What annoys me if the amount some companies are asking for.
    (One of the things that annoy me...)
    I saw a flower company in Cork I think, asking for 12k likes, 12k comments and 12k shares for €400 worth of flowers for this lad who's getting married in a few weeks.
    Oh they're given a time frame as well. Usually a couple of weeks. As was the case for this poor flora-less lad.
    Whatever about the likes and comments, achievable if given enough time and subjected to enough people.
    12,000 shares though. I think of things I share. If my football team win, it's happened twice this season, I'd give it a share. If there's a song I haven't heard in millennia, I'd share it. An embarrassing picture on a friends birthday. This is the extent of my sharing.
    Sharing is one of the most underused functions of facebook these days. 12,000 for 400e worth of flowers. That's 30 shares per €1.

tl;dr - I hate the Like, Comment, Share thing on Facebook and businesses who think they're worth 12,000 shares.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I wonder how many people shared the status with the word "amen" attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've a new Facebook gripe.
    Gone from the over exaggerated life changing advice conveyed entirely the Caps Lock to a greater evil, mostly due to the sheer number of them.
    It's my fault again. It's click bait and when I've things to do, I always fall for it.
    It's probably been mentioned, in fact I'd be extremely surprised if it hasn't.
    This Like, Comment and Share shíte.
    You must have seen at least one. People asking for free tickets to stuff or autographs or weekends away. Usually stuff of either great sentimental value or decent monetary value. (Weekend away for 2 in 5* hotel is a popular one.)
    They comment the page, get a reply telling them how much of each they need of each to gain their reward. (e.g. 5k likes, 4k comments, 3k shares).
    It annoys me that for companies, it's actually an excellent marketing strategy if someone does achieve it.
    What annoys me if the amount some companies are asking for.
    (One of the things that annoy me...)
    I saw a flower company in Cork I think, asking for 12k likes, 12k comments and 12k shares for €400 worth of flowers for this lad who's getting married in a few weeks.
    Oh they're given a time frame as well. Usually a couple of weeks. As was the case for this poor flora-less lad.
    Whatever about the likes and comments, achievable if given enough time and subjected to enough people.
    12,000 shares though. I think of things I share. If my football team win, it's happened twice this season, I'd give it a share. If there's a song I haven't heard in millennia, I'd share it. An embarrassing picture on a friends birthday. This is the extent of my sharing.
    Sharing is one of the most underused functions of facebook these days. 12,000 for 400e worth of flowers. That's 30 shares per €1.

tl;dr - I hate the Like, Comment, Share thing on Facebook and businesses who think they're worth 12,000 shares.. :rolleyes:

That song is not up to your usual standard, Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

''does ny1 no if u can get a tattoo on d medical card?''

These ludicrous questions are common in regards to this particular person.

Goodbye internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

That song is not up to your usual standard, Chris.

Didn't know people listened to the words..
    Thinking of doing something about fields... calling it green or something..

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Goodbye internet.

Christ!! :eek:

Because tattoo's are a medical necessity, yes? What is wrong with people? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Because tattoo's are a medical necessity, yes?

Well Sharon down the road says she won't ride me unless I get a tattoo of her name on me to prove me love and I'll die from being too full of spunk if I don't get the ride off her so it is a medical necessity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Goodbye internet.

*grabs popcorn*
    *Waits for outrage*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Goodbye internet.

Could you screenshot that by any chance? I think that's a nominee for Best Status 2016.

Tatoo removed maybe?

Tatoo removed maybe?

"Iv a tattoo of a mickey on me 4head dats y im on d scratch cs no1 wil hyr me, gubberment wnt remove it 4me de poxes"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Could you screenshot that by any chance? I think that's a nominee for Best Status 2016.

398575.PNG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

398575.PNG

I really do hope somebody advised what clinic he needed to queue outside from 6am to get his tattoo done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

God is playing x factor. he only helps the kids that get the most votes.

This FB post made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Well Sharon down the road says she won't ride me unless I get a tattoo of her name on me to prove me love and I'll die from being too full of spunk if I don't get the ride off her so it is a medical necessity.

Seems legit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement