Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The funny (and frustrating) thing is that most competitions don't even all for shares anymore but people still share them and comment to make sure that it's known that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Dice75 wrote: »
    Took me a minute to figure out the whole comment (comment under a link about the teenagers case in relation to Joan Burton & the water protest)....

"Ppl needs t bk dis lad c u ya toff nose bitch ive cing nice r grey hounds uv got a face only grey hound can luv tink ur grand in ur fancy car big hse uv made tings whole lot worse nt time fers a water campain nd ur der watch ppl will do a whole lot worse"

Fúúúúúck me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"9 years ago.....a person named Jerry got dared to sleep in a house that was believed to be haunted. The next day his fiends waited for him outside the house....they had to go inside and search for him. They went through every room but the attic. He wasn't supposed to sleep in the attic he was supposed to sleep in the living room they went to the attic. They found Jerry's corpse and they left because they got scared. But that night all died because of their friend. He killed them all for making him sleep in the house if you don't send this to 11 comments you will die tonight by Jerry. Example1: a man named Stewart read this and didn't believe it. He shut off his computer and went through his day. That night while he was in bed he heard something out his door. He got up to look his dead now. Example2: a girl named Haley read this in the morning and she got scared but didn't send it. She wanted to know if it was true. She went to school(she was 13 years old) and that night she died. If you don't post this to 11 comments tonight Jerry will 'visit' you and he's not fake apparently if you copy and paste this to 11 comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. You will either get kissed or asked out, if you brake this chain you will see a little dead girl in your room tonight. In the next 53 minutes some one will say I love you or I'm sorry"

Don't say you haven't been warned..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

coolhull wrote: »
    "9 years ago.....a person named Jerry got dared to sleep in a house that was believed to be haunted. The next day his fiends waited for him outside the house....they had to go inside and search for him. They went through every room but the attic. He wasn't supposed to sleep in the attic he was supposed to sleep in the living room they went to the attic. They found Jerry's corpse and they left because they got scared. But that night all died because of their friend. He killed them all for making him sleep in the house if you don't send this to 11 comments you will die tonight by Jerry. Example1: a man named Stewart read this and didn't believe it. He shut off his computer and went through his day. That night while he was in bed he heard something out his door. He got up to look his dead now. Example2: a girl named Haley read this in the morning and she got scared but didn't send it. She wanted to know if it was true. She went to school(she was 13 years old) and that night she died. If you don't post this to 11 comments tonight Jerry will 'visit' you and he's not fake apparently if you copy and paste this to 11 comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. You will either get kissed or asked out, if you brake this chain you will see a little dead girl in your room tonight. In the next 53 minutes some one will say I love you or I'm sorry"

Don't say you haven't been warned..

Freudian slip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Have to be "sivle" to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"finally got round to making laylas cake she wanted frozen teamed but i made a ballsa it so we went 4 chocolate biscit cake all done just waitin to do the chocolate gnash. mary beary eat yer heart out! #birthdaycake #princess #chocolate #bestmammyintheworld"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

fussyonion wrote: »
    "finally got round to making laylas cake she wanted frozen teamed but i made a ballsa it so we went 4 chocolate biscit cake all done just waitin to do the chocolate gnash. mary beary eat yer heart out! #birthdaycake #princess #chocolate #bestmammyintheworld"

It's that bit that annoys me the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

fussyonion wrote: »
    " chocolate gnash."

Chocolate gnash :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Dice75 wrote: »
    Took me a minute to figure out the whole comment (comment under a link about the teenagers case in relation to Joan Burton & the water protest)....

"Ppl needs t bk dis lad c u ya toff nose bitch ive cing nice r grey hounds uv got a face only grey hound can luv tink ur grand in ur fancy car big hse uv made tings whole lot worse nt time fers a water campain nd ur der watch ppl will do a whole lot worse"
    And the teachers want a pay rise? Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's that bit that annoys me the most!

Yep. She made a ballsa her post by including that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yep. She made a ballsa her post by including that.

if she really was the #bestmammyintheworld she'd have made her the damn Frozen cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Posted by a girl in her late 20's who never worked a day in her life & is never out of bed before midday.
    "Glad I grew up on the council estate n had to learn how to survive and not have everything handed to me on a plate than be one of these stuck up little c#*#s where daddys bank card is there only friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So a post about my relationship status equated to a fruit is going to raise awareness of breast cancer issues. I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

fathead82 maybe she earns a living by 'lying' in bed ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

The "mass" event people are commenting on it was funny for the first five minutes now it's doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If I see another post to that mass page. Even the actual funny ones have palled.

Is it a real page?

Saw the comment by Judas ....com 'ere ...am I still barred or what?

And smiled.

But some of the comments.....just no!

I'm not religious in any way shape or form, but feel people's beliefs should be
    Respected and not mocked. People take religion very seriously, maybe too seriously, but religion is important and people have died for it.

Spent some time in a church recently and lit some candles and thought about people no longer here. Weird, but felt the church welcoming.

Pfffft, I'm obviously getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

anewme wrote: »
    Is it a real page?

Saw the comment by Judas ....com 'ere ...am I still barred or what?

And smiled.

But some of the comments.....just no!

I'm not religious in any way shape or form, but feel people's beliefs should be
    Respected and not mocked. People take religion very seriously, maybe too seriously, but religion is important and people have died for it.

Spent some time in a church recently and lit some candles and thought about people no longer here. Weird, but felt the church welcoming.

Pfffft, I'm obviously getting old.
    Get ta fuck. Best thing on Facebook for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

El Weirdo wrote: »

Yep and the Catholic Church deserves everything it gets!

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

If you say so, it must be true.

ivytwine wrote: »
    Yep and the Catholic Church deserves everything it gets!

My dad grew up in an Irish industrial school in the 1940's. He could tell you stories that woukd make the hair in your head stand. He could tell you stories of people, so evil, that no one, let alone an orphan child should experience.

But he coukd tell you of fantastic people, who worked tirelessly every day to better the lives of those kids. Who dedicated their lives to their God and their beliefs.

And in the memores of a now 75 year old man, good triumphs over evil, and the good stories generate happy memories.

Please don't disrespect the beliefs of those people. They saved a lot of lives.

Apologies to all for taking the thread off topic- life isn't always as simple as it seems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

fathead82 wrote: »
    Posted by a girl in her late 20's who never worked a day in her life & is never out of bed before midday.
    "Glad I grew up on the council estate n had to learn how to survive and not have everything handed to me on a plate than be one of these stuck up little c#*#s where daddys bank card is there only friend"

Daddy's bank card wasn't her friend. Micheal Noonan taking up the slack there instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That mass thing is really just showing how bored really the average Joe is of Facebook nowadays...

Even as an atheist I don't think it's particularly funny or interesting to see a hundred regurgitated Christian memes, but hey ho I must be just an old fart... :)

It's a good way to chop another 20 or so out of my friends list though, I'll give it that... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Mary : Coming on the sesh?
    Jesus : New bible ,who this ?"

C'mon lads, this is is the best thing that's happened to FB since it's inception!

rawn wrote: »
    "Mary : Coming on the sesh?
    Jesus : New bible ,who this ?"

C'mon lads, this is is the best thing that's happened to FB since it's inception!

Must be stupid, don't get the hilarity of that comment.
    Defo getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Must be stupid, don't get the hilarity of that comment.
    Defo getting old.

New Bible = new phone, doesn't have his contacts

nikpmup wrote: »
    New Bible = new phone, doesn't have his contacts

Definitely getting old so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

My dad grew up in an Irish industrial school in the 1940's. He could tell you stories that woukd make the hair in your head stand. He could tell you stories of people, so evil, that no one, let alone an orphan child should experience.

But he coukd tell you of fantastic people, who worked tirelessly every day to better the lives of those kids. Who dedicated their lives to their God and their beliefs.

And in the memores of a now 75 year old man, good triumphs over evil, and the good stories generate happy memories.

Please don't disrespect the beliefs of those people. They saved a lot of lives.

Apologies to all for taking the thread off topic- life isn't always as simple as it seems though.

I'm sorry to hear of your dad's experiences. I don't doubt there are good priests and clergy- and the altar boy jokes on that page aren't funny tbh, much prefer the random "mass as a music festival" ones. To my mind the church did far more harm than good and it still has far too much power in this country. Which is why it's no harm it's getting a slagging.

Also those people you mention would be good people regardless of their faith. Having religion doesn't make you a good person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement