Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

We have got 35 (Camper RV) that can’t be sold because they have been stock. Therefore we are giving them away for free. Want one of them? Just SHARE this photo & LIKE OurPage and we will choose 35 people completely at random on November 18!
    Comment `Done`

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

i seen this one earlier " board outta me mind" followed by a status two hours later " still board"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

i seen this one earlier " board outta me mind" followed by a status two hours later " still board"

Has he no bored games to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Or maybe he /she is dense as a plank☺

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I assume you are aware of your own spelling and grammar mistakes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

BaZmO* wrote: »

How many times did you spellcheck and reread that to make sure that you had no mistakes???

mackeire wrote: »
    How many times did you spellcheck and reread that to make sure that you had no mistakes???

Yeah, not cool Bazmo, not cool at all. There is slight grammatical errors and then there is the abominations that get posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

BaZmO* wrote: »

Exit is this way ===========>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Dont know which is worse, people on those buy/sell pages who sell DVD's of films they ve downloaded or people who buy them !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"What a worldwind of a nite they say havin kids is the hardest ting ta do an lstni joanna gave me the bestiest birthdy present any man cud hope for.welcome ta da world baby jake my heart is full of love an i will protect u for the rest of my life respec nuff love to joanna angel".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

fussyonion wrote: »
    "What a worldwind of a nite they say havin kids is the hardest ting ta do an lstni joanna gave me the bestiest birthdy present any man cud hope for.welcome ta da world baby jake my heart is full of love an i will protect u for the rest of my life respec nuff love to joanna angel".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Christ on a bike. People really are turning into retards.

It doesn't say much for our education system.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A better present would have been a dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm going to use 'lstni' :D - another new 'word' I have learned from this thread.

Lstni I watched television...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'm going to use 'lstni' :D - another new 'word' I have learned from this thread.

Aaaahhh.. Last night. Genuinely had not one fúcking clue what that was. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

What are you doing tmrni?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

We have sunshine on a rainy day are snowy day lol 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Telpis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Do the people that write in textspeak really understand what other type?

My sister and her friends write like this all the time and it always takes me ages to cop on to what they've written. It's not as if it's always consistent either, so it's not like there's a set amount of abbreviated words to learn. Most of the time it's just made up due to laziness.

One of her friends in particular constantly writes awful drivel with bad spelling, no punctuation, etc. I'm always amazed that people actually understand what she's talking about. :confused: Maybe I'm the thick one! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I hate the way people think there kids r a lump of gold and other kids dirty wel as I said before and I will say again kids will be kids I never heard of a child born with a silver spoon in its mouth k

Thoie wrote: »
    What are you doing tmrni?

In my circles that would be... wat r ye doin tomo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Once saw "hu ot"

Translation - "who is going out tonight?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Aaaahhh.. Last night. Genuinely had not one fúcking clue what that was. Thanks!

I'm slightly worried that I figured out what it was :D. I do spend far too much time on this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Once saw "hu ot"

Translation - "who is going out tonight?"

How the hell did you figure that one out? Well done! Jaysis, the Enigma de-coder machine in World War II wouldn't have solved that....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

BattleCorp wrote:
    It doesn't say much for our education system.

I've heard this comment a million times. English is still taught and most kids don't write like this in school, where they make an effort to make themselves understood. On Facebook, they don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

coolhull wrote: »
    How the hell did you figure that one out? Well done! Jaysis, the Enigma de-coder machine in World War II wouldn't have solved that....

Don't give me that much credit, I stared at it for a while but only worked it out from the responses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A good few people seem to have found squirrels in their cars today. I don't want to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A good few people seem to have found squirrels in their cars today. I don't want to know...

I'd say another of these secret 'campaigns' must be going down - someone on my friends list posted that she's getting bum implants and she, um, doesn't need bum implants...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd say another of these secret 'campaigns' must be going down - someone on my friends list posted that she's getting bum implants and she, um, doesn't need bum implants...

I liked a status yesterday and apparently it's another one of those viral post thingys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I liked a status yesterday and apparently it's another one of those viral post thingys.

Yeah I figured. I read another one that sounded a bit weird yesterday, can't remember it now, I expect there will be more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah I figured. I read another one that sounded a bit weird yesterday, can't remember it now, I expect there will be more.

Haha, You shouldn't have liked or commented on my last status Hahaha! Now you have to pick from one of the below and post it as your status. This is the 2016 Breast Cancer Awareness game. Don't be a spoil sport. Pick your poison from one of these and post it as your status.
    1. Just found a squirrel in my car!
    2. Just used my kids to get out of a speeding ticket.
    3. How do you get rid of foot fungus?
    4. All of my bras are missing!
    5. I think I just accepted a marriage proposal online?!
    6. I've decided to stop wearing underwear.
    7. It's confirmed I'm going to be a mommy/daddy.
    8. Just won a chance audition on America's got talent!
    9. I've been accepted on master chef.
    10. I'm getting a pet monkey!
    11. I just peed myself!
    12. Really thinking about getting butt implants!
    13. Just won 700 on a scratcher!
    14. We're moving to Vermont at the end of the year!
    15. Mayonnaise on Reese's peanut butter cups is sooo good!
    16. I've just been accepted on come dine with me whoop whoop.
    Post with no explanations. Sorry, I fell for it too. 😂Looking forward to your post. Ahhh don't ruin it. (Don't let the secret out). And remember it's all for the 2016 Breast Cancer Awareness." Go Pink!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement