Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

BattleCorp wrote: »
    God bless you fussy and God bless your dodgy acquaintances on Facebook. Imagine, doing anal to get a box of Tayto for the kid's nun. Nice to see them support the nuns. :D

Hahaha! I don't think I'd do anal for some Tayto. More a King girl myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BattleCorp wrote: »
    God bless you fussy and God bless your dodgy acquaintances on Facebook. Imagine, doing anal to get a box of Tayto for the kid's nun. Nice to see them support the nuns. :D

On the plus size though… 2 boxs bud 4 25! I'll ask him ring missus at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

fussyonion wrote: »
    ...me ma went down in her slippers this morning

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ccopy this message on your wall so I can see it. Just hold your finger on this text. Touch the word copy. Go to your page & hold your finger where you write. Then touch on "paste" when it shows up. That's it!

Do not share!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fussyonion could be your best post yet, crying laughing. I do worry for you sometimes and the friends you keep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

pc7 wrote: »
    Fussyonion could be your best post yet, crying laughing. I do worry for you sometimes and the friends you keep!

Hehe, they are treasures aren't they? I could never unfriend any of them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Site wide ban for life if you unfriend them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Can you imagine the FB post if one of them discovers you mocking them here! It'd be epic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

rawn wrote: »
    Another day, another annoying Facebook trend... This time it's the "I'm looking for "insert common name here" please tag him, along with a picture of a someone unattractive/obese/holding a dildo.

Saw a load of these and was like wtf.....then read this. Lizzie Valaquez(spelling) who suffers from a rare disease was shocked to discover her photo was used in one of these horrible memes and bravely spoke out.

I've seen a ton of memes like this all over @facebook recently. I'm writing this post not as someone who is a victim but as someone who is using their voice. Yes, it's very late at night as I type this but I do so as a reminder that the innocent people that are being put in these memes are probably up just as late scrolling through Facebook and feeling something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. No matter what we look like or what size we are, at the end of the day we are all human. I ask that you keep that in mind the next time you see a viral meme of a random stranger. At the time you might find it hilarious but the human in the photo is probably feeling the exact opposite. Spread love not hurtful words via a screen. Xoxo Lizzie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

anewme wrote: »
    Saw a load of these and was like wtf.....then read this. Lizzie Valaquez(spelling) who suffers from a rare disease was shocked to discover her photo was used in one of these horrible memes and bravely spoke out.

I've seen a ton of memes like this all over @facebook recently. I'm writing this post not as someone who is a victim but as someone who is using their voice. Yes, it's very late at night as I type this but I do so as a reminder that the innocent people that are being put in these memes are probably up just as late scrolling through Facebook and feeling something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. No matter what we look like or what size we are, at the end of the day we are all human. I ask that you keep that in mind the next time you see a viral meme of a random stranger. At the time you might find it hilarious but the human in the photo is probably feeling the exact opposite. Spread love not hurtful words via a screen. Xoxo Lizzie

The interesting thing is, men are tagging each other under pictures of obese/"unattractive" women. But women are tagging each other under pictures of sexy men. And I thought women were the bitchy ones :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    The interesting thing is, men are tagging each other under pictures of obese/"unattractive" women. But women are tagging each other under pictures of sexy men. And I thought women were the bitchy ones :rolleyes:

The men are taking the piss, not being bitchy.

benjamin d wrote: »
    The men are taking the piss, not being bitchy.

Is that what taking the piss is? using a photograph of someone fighting a rare disease for a sneer and a cheap laugh.

I've said it before and I'll say it again in this instance- when someone is caught out bullying - the old "taking the piss" or it's only a joke line comes in,

She's a very brave lady to speak out.

Is that what taking the piss is? using a photograph of someone fighting a rare disease for a sneer and a cheap laugh.

I've said it before and I'll say it again in this instance- when someone is caught out bullying - the old "taking the piss" or it's only a joke line comes in,

She's a very brave lady to speak out.

It may not be a nice thing to do, but yes, it's taking the piss rather than being bitchy.
    I wasn't commenting on the rights or wrongs of the pictures themselves, I was commenting on the slyly sexist remark of the other poster.
    Wind your neck in.

It may not be a nice thing to do, but yes, it's taking the piss rather than being bitchy.
    I wasn't commenting on the rights or wrongs of the pictures themselves, I was commenting on the slyly sexist remark of the other poster.
    Wind your neck in.

what is funny about sneering over a photo of someone with a facial disfigurement.? That is used without their consent?

Call it by its real name- bullying- pure and simple.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Won't change till people are called out on it (and proper order)

what is funny about sneering over a photo of someone with a facial disfigurement.? That is used without their consent?

Call it by its real name- bullying- pure and simple.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Won't change till people are called out on it (and proper order)

Oh FFS... I'm not even going to try anymore. Enjoy being offended by everything you f*cking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

pc7 wrote: »

Same here. Im crying laughing :D

Fussyonion please don't ever defriend them. Your posts are guaranteed to make me laugh. I love this thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I found this bank card in the square in X town if anybody knows this guy who owns it can you tag him please

Complete with a picture of full card details

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Tell them to post a picture of the back of the card too because that contains vital information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

sullivlo wrote: »
    Tell them to post a picture of the back of the card too because that contains vital information.

She posted another update, absolutely enraged that people criticised her good deed :pac:
    About the bank card I deleted it, and I left it in the bank and for those that criticized after I tried to do something decent if I find your cards I'll be leaving them on the ground, can't do right for doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Kudos on post fussyonion, been laughing to myself all day thinking back on it..

One from an irate relative..

Really gets my back up when ugly skanky b!tches says ewww look he's ginger. Yes he's fxcking ginger u stupid cow gold star to you. Then to scowl at my daughter. Go take a listen ok in a mirror n take your face for a sh!t u tramp.

I'd say anger was blinding towards the end, hence last sentence..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Oh FFS... I'm not even going to try anymore. Enjoy being offended by everything you f*cking idiot.

Try harder please. Because you obviously don't get it. Twat.

Try harder please. Because you obviously don't get it. Twat.

My post had nothing to do with the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Calm down, children. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

^^ What Widdershins said

Koptain Liverpool has been given a short holiday so don't respond to his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Not from Facebook but Snapchat:

A picture including an emoji snowman and her avatar shivering: "This is fcukin cruel.... 6 the grease"

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Not from Facebook but Snapchat:

A picture including an emoji snowman and her avatar shivering: "This is fcukin cruel.... 6 the grease"

:pac: :pac:

Is dat 6 the grease sell see us?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    Is dat 6 the grease sell see us?
    No, It's foreign height.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The llama of Shame thanks to Tony
    Solve this riddle. If you're wrong, like I was, you get to put a picture of a lovely llama as your profile picture for a day - lucky you.
    Answer me in PM so that others do not see the answer and can participate... Answer correctly & you'll get your name in a comment. Wrong answer & off to the llama picture section of the internet with ya.
    RIDDLE:
    It is 3 in the morning, you're sleeping and you hear the doorbell. It's your parents who show up for a surprise visit for breakfast. You've got the strawberry jam, honey, bread and cheese.
    What do you open first?

Getting a lot of this ****e on my timeline today. Its the DOOR. OPEN THE DOOR FIRST.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Surprise breakfast visit at 3 am? It's a can of whoop ass you open first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Getting a lot of this ****e on my timeline today. Its the DOOR. OPEN THE DOOR FIRST.

Ah you ruined it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement