Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Since the weekend I have seen two posts from friends of friends showing pictures of themselves with a homeless person they helped. FFS, can't people just help others without boasting about it? Also, the homeless are not trophies or animals in the zoo. At least one of the photos was clearly not taken with the consent of the other person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Again you all are so awesome for thinking of me. Especially with all the political strife that needs tending too.
    What a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Since the weekend I have seen two posts from friends of friends showing pictures of themselves with a homeless person they helped. FFS, can't people just help others without boasting about it? Also, the homeless are not trophies or animals in the zoo. At least one of the photos was clearly not taken with the consent of the other person.
    Jesus, this really bothers me. The poor people have to deal with enough on the streets without these idiots and their vanity projects for internet likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Saps. Do they have the photo set up to show them depositing a euro in their paper cup or handing them a perfectly wrapped O'Brien's sandwich? Or just arms around them like they're a doting aunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

This was put up on a friends fb. Pure attention seeking!

Cue loads of comments like are you ok? What happened? Call me!

That status was left up for ages to get loads of comments so the attention seeking worked! Then the next FB status to calm things down!

I'm thinking that there's a bit of confusion with my last post. I did not get fired from my job because I'm sick and fatigued. When you are sick and fatigued you tend to make mistakes. And after my last shift I thought I made a mistake that would have cost me my job. And I was in a position that I couldn't do anything about it. Turns out that my autopilot is in good condition and I didn't make the mistake I thought I did. So, I go back to work per usual come Thursday! In my defence I did post "I may have..." not 'I lost...' Again you all are so awesome for thinking of me. Especially with all the political strife that needs tending too.

Oh FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

That kind of sh1te makes me feel sick.
    And no doubt they are getting loads of #yoursogreathun...comments. Puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

stinkle wrote: »
    Jesus, this really bothers me. The poor people have to deal with enough on the streets without these idiots and their vanity projects for internet likes.

Aye, they already had to suffer Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey's singing over the Christmas period…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well he never fails to make me ������ XXXX just had a �� and as always asks to see how big it is (he ������ like a man) so I let him look and he turns to me and says mam look that's huge and there's the kids coz he did a few weeney balls too.������ The things kids come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well he never fails to make me ������ XXXX just had a �� and as always asks to see how big it is (he ������ like a man) so I let him look and he turns to me and says mam look that's huge and there's the kids coz he did a few weeney balls too.������ The things kids come out with.

Talking about his shítes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yea sorry didn't realise the emoji's wouldn't show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

kitten_k wrote: »

Posting about her and her kid's sh1tes. Now that's really crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

All accounts are being hacked
    This is how to check if your account has been hacked. Comment on this post by typing @[4:0]
    If you see Mark Zuckerberg name after you post you haven't been hacked. If you don't see it, you probably have been.

Worrying thing is that people I thought had a jot of sense are doing this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Samsgirl wrote: »
    All accounts are being hacked
    This is how to check if your account has been hacked. Comment on this post by typing @[4:0]
    If you see Mark Zuckerberg name after you post you haven't been hacked. If you don't see it, you probably have been.

Worrying thing is that people I thought had a jot of sense are doing this!!!

If people had a jot of sense they wouldn't even be posting on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

coolhull wrote: »
    If people had a jot of sense they wouldn't even be posting on Facebook

Yeah, they'd be posting on boards instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fb is fine, it's all down to how you use it and who your FB friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

#friendsday

#bunchofbellends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Wonsie :o
    Luv mi knew wonise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Knot wun wurd writ rite

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

OMG can't believe we get married tomorrow XXXX. Happy wedding eve! Love you so much.
    Wedding eve. Jesus wept...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

gutenberg wrote: »
    Wedding eve. Jesus wept...

The more slushiness is see on fb the more I'm convinced that the other partner is banging all round them...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Lisha wrote: »
    The more slushiness is see on fb the more I'm convinced that the other partner is banging all round them...

Please stop.
    He's her "rock" and her and her angles couldn't live without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Lisha wrote: »

I would broaden that slightly to the more couples bang on about their relationship on FB, the emptier their relationship most likely is in real life...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A fresh update from the person who I posted about earlier in this thread that almost got fired when they were sick
    One of the benefits of going to work sick is that everyone has some bit of advice (solicited or not), or some crazy full proof remedy! I think that I have come across the BEST remedy I have ever heard of! Earlier this week while at work I got into a coughing fit that lasted for ages. When I regained my composure, one of the regulars, a older woman, gave me her ancient Irish family recipe to cure not only the common cold but cough, flu, and anything else that ails you! Here it is:
    6 egg whites
    1/2 lb light brown sugar
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup whiskey
    blend/ beat together until peaks. Put in fridge overnight. I should rise about 2 inches. Then just spoon it up! . 3 to 4 spoonsfulls 3 to 4 times a day!
    Now I have not tried this yet! I've been slammed with work! But PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Someone who is under the weather give this a try and let me know how it works! And for all you medical Drs & practitioners of either the Eastern or Western variety, what do you think of the this flu busting remedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

A fresh update from the person who I posted about earlier in this thread that almost got fired when they were sick

So basically whiskey meringues are the cure? Have they tried Dragons Den?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

White Feather your friends posts annoy me and I don't even know them!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

So basically whiskey meringues are the cure? Have they tried Dragons Den?

They're full proof, donchaknow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A post went "viral" yesterday on my feed written by a man who was sexually abused as a child years ago. It was an extremely long, grammatically poor attack on gardai and solicitors and other well-known local figures (some of whom are now since retired or deceased). The guilty party in question served jail-time and was rightly ostricised from the community on his release right up to his death. So it's basically the ramblings of a mentally ill man defaming respected members of the community (with no thought at all of the prospects of family members seeing it)

Of course, the usual sympathy brigade lapped it up. "Your so brave...." "my thoughts are with you....." etc.

I have since discovered that the poster in question is currently fighting a court case for endangering his family. It's the bleeedin' rossers fault for that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

A post went "viral" yesterday on my feed written by a man who was sexually abused as a child years ago. It was an extremely long, grammatically poor attack on gardai and solicitors and other well-known local figures (some of whom are now since retired or deceased). The guilty party in question served jail-time and was rightly ostricised from the community on his release right up to his death. So it's basically the ramblings of a mentally ill man defaming respected members of the community (with no thought at all of the prospects of family members seeing it)

Of course, the usual sympathy brigade lapped it up. "Your so brave...." "my thoughts are with you....." etc.

I have since discovered that the poster in question is currently fighting a court case for endangering his family. It's the bleeedin' rossers fault for that though.

Saw that post but couldn't finish reading it. Too long and hard to read. If even a fraction of it is true he deserves sympathy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Saw that post but couldn't finish reading it. Too long and hard to read. If even a fraction of it is true he deserves sympathy.

The man deserves sympathy, but the problem with his opening up on Facebook is that defaming innocent people is, in the long run, only going to land him in even deeper trouble. If people didn't stupidly respond to him then he'd soon stop doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Heads up. Your facebook account is being cloned. There is a syndicate of Latvian cross-dressing midgets doing this. They have just targeted gullible people though so a few of you should be ok. They clone your account because its easier than making their own. They then put up a load of ridiculous ****e telling everything about your life and all the contents of your ****e you done earlier while twirling a hula hoop on your ear. They then send a second friend request to your friends and when that person accepts it they come through the screen and being so small they enter your brain through your ear. I know you don't believe they can do this but lets be honest , if you can twirl a hula hoop on your ear it must be the size of Dumbo the elephant. Once inside your head they make you believe that people actually follow your page religiously and your very important. They make you see magpies and do the whole one for sorrow two for joy ****e. Do not ignore this guys I swear it's true. They also control your thoughts and make you believe you can talk to famous dead people. This happens regularly without you knowing it. Ask yourself how many times you saw RIP George Michael or RIP David bowie. Ps The two lads said your all sound. Now I'm off now on my red unicorn to have a game of snooker with me aul mate the invisible man. So if you see me down on The church wall talking to him pop over and give him an aul high five. Don't share this. Copy and paste it and then print it and make a paper aeroplane and throw it at the first priest you see and shout...tag your it then ****in leg it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement