Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Five months gone today and not 1 day went by where I didn't think of you and even shed a tear or two for you. We had some craic together. I know I'm not alone as you had a huge impact on many peoples lives. I ****in really miss you [pub that closed down 5 months ago]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not so much a status update but it's someones birthday (female) and one of her friends (male) has posted a picture of the two of them together.

So far so normal but it's the hashtags, particularly the last few... Like... why???? #HappyBirthday #BirthdayGirl #Smiles #Friends #StraightGirl #IrishGirl #GayBoy #GayIrish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Not so much a status update but it's someones birthday (female) and one of her friends (male) has posted a picture of the two of them together.

So far so normal but it's the hashtags, particularly the last few... Like... why???? #HappyBirthday #BirthdayGirl #Smiles #Friends #StraightGirl #IrishGirl #GayBoy #GayIrish

Drives me up the wall, especially on Facebook, and most people don't even know how a hash tag works.

Heres just one example from a 40 yr old man

All set for the Big Night
    #LetsPlaySomeFootball
    #NFLbaby
    #GoingToBeALongNight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"Someone please tell me there's a hot sauce called "scorpion sex". If not, will someone Please! Please! Please! Create a wonderfully stinging hot Hot HOT hot sauce and called it "scorpion sex"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

"Someone please tell me there's a hot sauce called "scorpion sex". If not, will someone Please! Please! Please! Create a wonderfully stinging hot Hot HOT hot sauce and called it "scorpion sex"

Dafuq???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

The person commented on their own post which somehow they made even weirder...

"I actually don't like hot sauces that much. Sacrilege I know. But I love the names they come up with for them. It's the same thing with craft beers. I'm waiting for a someone to come up with a porter or stout called "dog fart"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

"I actually don't like hot sauces that much. Sacrilege I know. But I love the names they come up with for them. It's the same thing with craft beers. I'm waiting for a someone to come up with a porter or stout called "dog fart"

Eh no I wont b drinkin dah in anyways de staya ur fayyyssseee

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, there are some Belgian beer names that do come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I like the names they come up with for craft beers too. And some of the label designs. Hobgoblin beer has a cute label.There used to be one that read ''tempered over burning witches''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Delivery to the hospital WOW thank you xxxx even when she's not in the same county she's looking out for me , thank you for brightening up my day xx

Followed by the usual slew of

"Hope yer OK hun"

Hnnnnggggnnnn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

I'm drinking because I'm in debt and I'm in debt because I'm drinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Blazedup wrote: »
    I'm drinking because I'm in debt and I'm in debt because I'm drinking

Vicious circle Hun xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Ha gas inn eh...sik of u trunnin yer dik in te me seen the yok yer tryin to trun yer dik inteh now......

Sickner, dat yoks no flaps.......im smkin no kok of u anymre. Cnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Ha gas inn eh...sik of u trunnin yer dik in te me seen the yok yer tryin to trun yer dik inteh now......

Sickner, dat yoks no flaps.......im smkin no kok of u anymre. Cnt.

Can they really not spell or do they not bother to correct?

Can they really not spell or do they not bother to correct?

Lost generation. Seriously, it's absolutely horrendous, none of these people will ever find jobs. The person in question has two parents that don't work, is eighteen years old and never had the helping hand to give a fiddlers, she's just copying the parents that have been intentionally pushing for her to collect the dole and forget about ambitions and life.

Oh and she wants to call her first child "Dexter or Rocco"

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

This is a real pet hate of mine. A (generally sound) girl I know has posted one of those "My body type is: Goes to the gym occasionally but will always choose happy hour and pizza" memes. Followed by the usual "this is so me' hashtag collage

She's a model. Absolutely stunning and knows it - not in a particularly arrogant way, I wouldn't have said... But I always feel these posts are purely designed to garnish a few "stop, not a pick on ya... stunnin, Hun..." type comments. Very curious to know what other girls think of that kinda thing - there's no way in the wide earthly world this girl thinks her body reflects too much 'happy hour and pizza'.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Obviously we need pics for reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Big Nasty wrote:
    Obviously we need pics for reference!

I absolutely positively knew that'd be the first comment :D

You'll just have to take my word for it, Nasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

WHIP IT! wrote:
    She's a model. Absolutely stunning and knows it - not in a particularly arrogant way, I wouldn't have said... But I always feel these posts are purely designed to garnish a few "stop, not a pick on ya... stunnin, Hun..." type comments. Very curious to know what other girls think of that kinda thing - there's no way in the wide earthly world this girl thinks her body reflects too much 'happy hour and pizza'.

I'm by no means a model but I am a thin female. I "like" and sometimes share these kind of statements either cos I found them amusing (and think my friends will), or because I studied nutrition in college and am always trying the eat healthy, despite the fact that I don't really put on weight. I love junk food though so those kind of statements speak to me in a different way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭patmac

Quick background to this , an American friend put up the link to one of the Healy-Raes calling in the army to get rid of the Rhoderdendrons in Killarney. I responded with a quip about getting the North Koreans to nuke our Japenese Knotweed, and another American friend responded with:
    'My neighbor planted Japanese knotweed (yes, on purpose) on our border between our yards. I am told that if you pick it when it first pops through the ground, no more than 12 inches high, that it is actually pretty tasty dipped in honey. I may try this'

Seems legit as after I pointed out the illegalities of doing so over here , she responded:
    "Ugh. No, we are not impressed. We spend most of the summer trying to beat it back off our property. He just thinks it's the most beautiful plant! Unfortunately, there are no such laws re: knotweed here in the US. :("

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Maybe call her bluff and link her to weight watchers to help get rid of the muffin top hun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    This is a real pet hate of mine. A (generally sound) girl I know has posted one of those "My body type is: Goes to the gym occasionally but will always choose happy hour and pizza" memes. Followed by the usual "this is so me' hashtag collage

Translation: I frequent the gym a few times a week but want people to think I don't go often so I don't come across as gym-obsessed.
    I have pizza maybe once or twice a month. I'd like people to think that I never turn down pizza and I that I don't watch what I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pathetic.

Well she may get yer man to trun de dik inta her sum moar to fulfill that ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

x checked in at Mater Miserecordiae Hospital - 'another day, another hospital'

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

and never had the helping hand to give a fiddlers

Sounds like she gave the helping hand quite a bit though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pathetic.

Dexter Morgan and Rocco Siffredi (dont google that one in work)
    2 great role models to name your kids after.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

inforfun wrote: »
    Dexter Morgan and Rocco Siffredi (dont google that one in work)
    2 great role models to name your kids after.

Poor lad would have a lot to live up to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I would broaden that slightly to the more couples bang on about their relationship on FB, the emptier their relationship most likely is in real life...

It's like the cover of HELLO with a couple claiming 'We've never been stronger'. Guaranteed the solicitors are already drawing up the paperwork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm getting an influx of haters on my wall and via msgs for whatever reason I'm not sure! I apologise if I upset or offended anyone eh yday! I am mostly harmless and 90% of the time joking :p have not slept for 3 days so am prob coming off as a bit mad when in reality I'm not! It really is grand! All is grand! Aw heyor I'm over social media! Real life is so much better anyway! Peace! #over reacting ppl aw sure don't we all do it sometimes :p I need to not be allowed own a technology device or just be let out in public really! Time to chill out :p LEL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement