Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

fussyonion wrote: »
    "swear to GOD some parents shuoldnt be mothers!!! got a letter from the school today about nits an (child's name withheld) is wriddled again wit them and its NOT MY CHILD!! MY child has an affro!!! how hard is it to coomb your f****** childs hair an put the cream on not hard is it!! f***** dirtbirds your kids are infectin mine im sick of it its hard work combin a affro and why should i be forkin out the cost of the stuff when MY CHILD is clean!! make sure your kids are f***** clean and have CLEAN HAIR and stop infecting mine! DIRTBIRDS!"

Comment: "Ah thats not fair callin kids dirtbirds hun. It happens in all kids. nits dont only go for dirty hair. its clean hair too."

OP: "Eh didnt call anykids dirtbirds didnt I? I said some people shuodlnt be parents but whatever! im sick of (child's name withheld) comin home with this every few months and before u say it shes not the one with the problem i know!!! its other peoples kids they wont treat the f***** problem but now the problem is with MY CHILD!"

Comment: "goin to throw up. Thats sick hun. i heard a girl saying she couldnt afford the lice treatment but I was thinking eh yeah but you can afford gel nails! like whats more important?!"

OP: "Stop hun its disgraceful im wore out with it. i should have shares in the nit company at this stage."

im wore out with it - of ffs. I am crying laughing here - my colleagues think I'm having some kind of breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

optogirl wrote: »
    im wore out with it - of ffs. I am crying laughing here - my colleagues think I'm having some kind of breakdown

Don't tell them about the nit company shares before you buy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

This post has been deleted.

No, link to a study that shows sunbeds cause cancer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A few months ago I reported on a friend having a very public FB spat with another young one over a fella.

Well this week same person was tagged in a picture of the courts section of the local paper where she featured. And seemed to take some sort of pride in what was apparently not her first offence.

The youth of today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No, link to a study that shows sunbeds cause cancer. :pac:

Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

A few months ago I reported on a friend having a very public FB spat with another young one over a fella.

Well this week same person was tagged in a picture of the courts section of the local paper where she featured. And seemed to take some sort of pride in what was apparently not her first offence.

The youth of today

The rise of female scumbags. Self-entitled, dole scrounging, works at "Full time mommy" brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Someone on my Facebook feed absolutely swearing blind that the "Romany gypsies abducting a child in a shopping centre" story really happened (in TK Maxx Sligo, 2010 apparently), even after I shared the Snopes article about it being a an American urban legend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

The rise of female scumbags. Self-entitled, dole scrounging, works at "Full time mommy" brigade.

Also they're mad for the drizzle. No moral compass these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I can understand why this might be irritating but I'd rather put up with a few of these than go back to the times when single mothers were vilified and full of shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

zanador wrote: »
    I can understand why this might be irritating but I'd rather put up with a few of these than go back to the times when single mothers were vilified and full of shame.

Fierce deep for this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

His Mom Served Burnt toast , but he was shocked when his Dad said this.
    “When I was about eight or nine, my mom burnt some toast .
    One night that stood out in my mind is when she had made dinner for us after a very long and rough day at work, She placed a plate of jam and extremely burned toast in front of my dad. Not slightly burnt but completely blackened toast.
    I was just waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt toast and say anything. But Dad just ate his toast and asked me if I did my homework and how my day was. I don’t remember what I told him that night, but I do remember hearing my mom apologizing to dad for burning the toast. And I’ll never forget what he said:
    “Sweetie, I love burned toast.”
    Later that night, I went to tell my dad good night and ask him if he really liked his toast burned. He put his arm on my shoulder and said,
    “Your #momma put in a very long day at work today and she was very tired. And besides, A burnt toast never hurts anyone but you know what does? Harsh words!”
    The he continued to say “You know, life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people I’m not the best at hardly anything, and I forget #birthdays and #anniversaries just like every other human. What I’ve learned over the years, is that #learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences, is one of the most important keys for creating a #healthy, growing, and lasting #relationship. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. #Love the people who treat you right and have #compassion for the ones who don’t.”
    Enjoy Life Now.

The comments underneath are pretty good too (over 38,000 of them)
    I love that true story, that was so sweet.
    That's very sweet but I wouldn't eat it because it causes cancer!!
    I need to read this everyday
    Burnt toast is carcinogenic, but whatever. How hard is it to cook some more toast, takes like four minutes.
    So true and beautifully written . Great way to start my day. Thank you!
    Yeah I get all that, but burning the toast? Come on!

Same woman shares everything twice :D

pc7 wrote: »

Fierce for the wavin pipe so they are, wish it was like that when I was growing up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zanador wrote: »

"Just checked into the laundry" #angrynuns

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

pc7 wrote: »

Sorry, copy and paste don't share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I think I made it known to many of you that I'm burnt out. I believe I apologized to many for my absent mindedness and sluggishness. Which means today's events did not transpire well ...

Here is your caveat: This post many not be appropriate...
    Every time I hear the American accent down in town I cringe and try not to speak out loud unless it is absolutely necessary. I usually have to give out a few smack downs to American tourist a year, but never so early in the season...

I was on the bus that goes to Dublin Airport and today it was full save for one seat. Just when the bus was about ready to pull out a couple of American tourists in their 50s clambered onto the bus. The bus driver tells them that he can only take one of them.

"What do you mean you can only take one of us?"
    "Der's only one seat left, we can only take one of ye."
    "Well someone is gonna have to get off! They're not all going to the airport, one of them can get the next bus!"
    "No Ms, we can't assume that. The seating is first come first serve..."
    "We were at the front of the line! We had to go and get something to eat! So tell someone they can catch the next bus because we have a plane to catch back to THE U-NITED STATES ... oooof ... MERICA!"
    ... And here is where I chimed in...
    "Excuse me here, just because you have a plane to catch does not entitle you to a seat on this bus..."
    "Where you from? " Now the man speaks...
    "Wha what?"
    "Maybe you should show us some appreciation der missy and catch the next bus."
    ...Oh dear... Don't remember much of what I said ... I remember phrases, telling them how they've bastardized the American name. How the Irish accepted me as one of their own, and how dare they come to Ireland with their inflated sense of entitlement ... and so on ...

At the end, the bus driver had a firm grip on my wrist, and quietly whispered "Tanks" while my other hand was white knuckled to the railing. I looked out over the other passengers and saw nothing but gentle smiles and held back giggles. I let out a little giggle myself and said to the couple; "You know, I'm gonna catch the next bus. Have fun on your 4 HOUR trip to Dublin Airport!" As I got off, the bus driver gave me a thumbs up and a wink...

I get off the bus and walk up the street where I am approached by 2 women and a man desperately forcing "literature" down my throat! Some words to the wise folks, when someone says "No Thank You" you should take their word for it! Don't go on about how sinful their lives have been 'coz you have no idea! Really ... you don't ... And above all, you better damn well make sure that you know more about the religion you're peddling THAN I DO! ... BTW, damning me to hell is a kin to sending a child to a candy store with an all you can eat ticket!

Well, my day isn't quite over yet is it? OF COURSE NOT! It's a warm sunny day, so I take of my sweater which leaves me with my martial arts uniform trousers and a tank top. I go to Tesco to get a few things. I was carrying about 30lbs of groceries and whatnots on my back walking home. On the way home there were two rather burly young men hanging out at the top of the stairs by the church. I suppose they spotted the patch on the uniform trousers that indicated that they were for martial arts and as I tried to walk by they got in front me swinging.

"OooOOOooo! You think you can fight? You want fight me?" One said while throwing fake punches at my head. I try to walk past. He pushes my shoulder and starts dancing around while his friend lets out a dorky laugh; "Come on fight me!" Now if it were any other day I would have pushed through and just left. But not today...
    So he give me another shove and dances around throwing punches past my face and when he got close enough, as if in slow motion, a twist hit to the top of his nose. There was that oh so familiar snap of the bone cracking. His friend lunged and I elbowed back right into ST-6 he drops to his knees. As the blood was dripping from his nose, I grab the dancer by pressure point and pulled him down and whispered in his ear; "Good luck in telling the gardai how a 5'3", 150lbs, lady with a 30lbs rucksack on her back, beat you up." I took his cell out of his pocket and dialed 211, left it on the ground and walked home.
    When I got home I promptly threw up missing the toilet... *sigh* ... Needless to say, I'm not having a great day so far. Honestly folks, I just don't have it in me any more to deal with this kind of shyte. So I apologize in advance if I'm a bit snippy or grumpy. But give me a day or so and I'll be fine! 1f60a.png
    I know this person and they live in a dream world so none of this rubbish happened. They think they are in a Steven Seagal movie beating people up and ringing the guards and heading off. Ringing the guards with their phone as well!! This kind of thing does not happen! Only in movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    They would be a long time waiting for the Guards if they dialed 211.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know this person and they live in a dream world so none of this rubbish happened. They think they are in a Steven Seagal movie beating people up and ringing the guards and heading off. Ringing the guards with their phone as well!! This kind of thing does not happen! Only in movies!

What is she like in real life? ''The oh so familiar sound of a nose breaking''. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They give up their paid seat on the bus to Dublin to catch the next one after hurling abuse at American tourists to the universal approval of the packed bus, but then decide to go to Tesco to purchase 15kg of groceries and head for home instead, making a brief stop to beat up two would be charmers and reveling in the 'oh so familiar sound of a nose breaking'.

We all know people that just can't help but spew out a constant stream of nonsensical, fantasy BS, but that really takes the biscuit. That person actually needs help.

Would eagerly read a few more of these fantasy extracts though!

anigif_enhanced-20757-1405424881-13_preview.gif

They give up their paid seat on the bus to Dublin to catch the next one after hurling abuse at American tourists to the universal approval of the packed bus, but then decide to go to Tesco to purchase 15kg of groceries and head for home instead, making a brief stop to beat up two would be charmers and reveling in the 'oh so familiar sound of a nose breaking'.

We all know people that just can't help but spew out a constant stream of nonsensical, fantasy BS, but that really takes the biscuit. That person actually needs help.

Yeah I new a lad once that was constantly going on secret missions for the CIA. This chap was in his 20's and disappeared after 9/11. He said he was on a mission in Afghanistan. Then we found out he was playing soldier of fortune in his room for two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

And she's American herself, the mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Not an individual status, but I can't help cringing at the 30 & 40 somethings who have started copying the habits or lingo used by all the 'cool kids' and teenagers on facebook

I'm seeing a constant stream of updated profile pictures captioned with 'last night' or 'needed a new one'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Not an individual status, but I can't help cringing at the 30 & 40 somethings who have started copying the habits or lingo used by all the 'cool kids' and teenagers on facebook

I'm seeing a constant stream of updated profile pictures captioned with 'last night' or 'needed a new one'

what about a man is his fifties who uses "whatevaaaaa" "meeeow" and "my bad" on a regular basis, When I told him he acts like a 15 year old girl he said "whatevaaaa" and rolled his eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Also I think I missed the memo that went around saying that now you have to start every post or photo with

"That moment when......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Also I think I missed the memo that went around saying that now you have to start every post or photo with

"That moment when......

That moment when you missed the memo..

Sorry I'll just leave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah the Stephanie Seagal story is the best one in a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Lads reading some of these posts is like doing hard math.:pac:
    Came across this on my FB feed. A video with one picture of a man sitting with a moon against him, with rock type music with the caption: "The most common cause of stress nowadays is dealing with idiots." And in brackets "Type "Yes" if you agree."

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^
    They would be a long time waiting for the Guards if they dialed 211.

999 or 112 isn't much better. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

'challenge accepted....Thanks (RANDOM NAME)
    all to often..we women find it easier to criticize each other instead of building each other up. <3 with all the negativity going around lets do something positive!! upload 1 picture of yourself..only you. then tag 25 or more gorgeous women to do the same..build yourself up instead of tearing yourself down <3<3'

The above has been coming up a lot in my feed, populated by 30-40-somethings. Imagine posting it in the first place, and then tagging 25 other people? I clicked on a few of the tagged women and not one corrected any of the sh*tty mistakes....they just put it up as is! The world is getting dumber by the second and Facebook will not let us forget it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

**JOB VACANCY**
    Does anyone need some work? I've got a huge job coming up and I need 3 people, 8 hours a day for 2 days. It will pay £650 a day plus hotel (if needed) and food for the job. Also including a £350 bonus if the job is completed on time.
    Total pay for 2 days work would be £1300. The dates needed are feb 30th and 31st and you must be committed, well presented and must be on time!
    Leave me a comment if interested and i will explain more...

There's loads of people interested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement