Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

That's mildly amusing and I presume a frape?

Most definitely not a frape, he talks like that in person too, he's as myad as bag a shpiders :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

A picture of 'share if you think tv licenses should be scrapped', posted by a single mother who has never worked in her life, and is on the dole

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've previously posted about the "perfect wife" I have to deal with on Facebook. Well now she's gotten truly sanctimonious:
    In the last several months I've had several opportunities for honesty: store not charging me for an item and realizing it as I look at the receipt back home, the price being incorrect, duplicate orders being sent to us at the companies fault, etc.

Dealing with these mistakes is costly: it costs effort, time, energy and willingness.

And while my heart can be grumbly at the inconveniences, I'm grateful and humbled by the opportunity to represent Jesus in these situations.

Today I called Amazon about an order from over a month ago, they had given us a duplicate of a small item. A small-only-costs-three-dollars-item: but we didn't pay for it.

Amazon customer service asked why I was calling, I told them. The gentleman's response: "Oh wow!" (pause) "You are SO honest!" with utter genuineness and disbelief. I responded: "I am a Christian. I believe in being honest." He paused and you could hear the smile in his voice: "For your honesty, you can go ahead and keep the item." I asked him if he was sure. He insisted. There was a hint of amusement in his voice as if he thought it funny that someone would call about a $3 item that Amazon wouldn't bother with returning anyway . . .

I pray that he doesn't forget. I pray that whether or not he is a Christian, he remembers that a Christian should behave differently than the world, not to make a statement but because we love and obey Jesus. Honesty is something that comes from Jesus. What an honour to reflect Him, even over a three-dollar-six-inch stainless steel ruler.

#thegospel #liveit #honesty #reallife #obedience #beintentional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

One of those buy & sell pages but I just can't stop laughing at the poor brdes hoops. I know it's the correct word for the rings on the dresses but :D
    Beautifuly detailed wedding dress with crown and bokay and 4 big bridesmades dresses with 4 matching flower girl dresses with 8 big head pieces to match with 8 red bokays everything like new bride changed after 2 hours and bridesmades changed strate away all dresses were made to my liking 2 hoops belonging to bride included along with all the bridesmade and flower girls hoops iswel they were all new ...

One of those buy & sell pages but I just can't stop laughing at the poor brdes hoops. I know it's the correct word for the rings on the dresses but :D
    Beautifuly detailed wedding dress with crown and bokay and 4 big bridesmades dresses with 4 matching flower girl dresses with 8 big head pieces to match with 8 red bokays everything like new bride changed after 2 hours and bridesmades changed strate away all dresses were made to my liking 2 hoops belonging to bride included along with all the bridesmade and flower girls hoops iswel they were all new ...
    'Bokay'... is that bouquet???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Ray37 wrote: »

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray37 wrote: »

The lady of the house speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've previously posted about the "perfect wife" I have to deal with on Facebook. Well now she's gotten truly sanctimonious:

The hint of amusement might have been there for a different reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ah sweet Jesus!! Pun intended. Where's my sick bucket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

First time I read it I thought it said MICKEY. I am either dyslexic, have a one-track-mind or both...:D

Her Minky and the stain, stain, stain stain...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

KKkitty wrote: »
    Ah sweet Jesus!! Pun intended. Where's my sick bucket?

Sick bokay.

ftfy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

"Why am I a good mum?" Put this as your status and see what people say about you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

kitten_k wrote: »
    "Why am I a good mum?" Put this as your status and see what people say about you

I would never tempt fate by putting that up. Be afraid my friends would be honest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

kitten_k wrote: »

Because you let all the neighbourhood kids knacker drink in your house and you've thought your son's friends in the 'ways of love'…

That's what I'd put up if I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

41BNnK-gfrL._SY300_.jpg

Any1 kno where I can get dis cake topper?

Christ. What a lovely message for your fiancee, family & friends. I DRUG him up de aisle I did

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I know this is nerdy but the improper use of colons and hyphens (not to mention that elipse...) really makes that extra special.

It takes a special kind of condescending cnut to use formal grammar and syntax tools on Facebook in the first place.

Getting the use of absolutely every one of them wrong is priceless. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

mackeire wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but would it not be cheaper to maintain a decent car instead of spending 400 on a ****box every few months?

That would involve forward planning, putting money aside for motor tax, nct, tyres etc etc so no.
    It would be a case of "child benefit day tomorrow I'm changing the car".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

5-snatch-2000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

This one pains me as it's from a good friend who I have huge respect for:

"Hiya �� can you put a ❤ on your FB wall, without comment, only a heart, then send this message to your women contacts. This is for women to remember its the week of breast cancer prevention! ❤ Check your boobies!!��������
    Hold your finger down on the message and hit forward. X "

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

currently my feed is full of positivity posts that are as backhanded as a smack in the mouth. for example

I make no appologies for who i am. i have scars because i have a past. bla bla
    followed by

xx hunxxx
    xx hugsxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

" If dem príks and cnts tink I'm a prik dats dere problem dem cnts are cnuts an dat prik is a cnt. No cnt is goin to prik me after all that dem cnts and priks did.......ha ha. Dem priks and cnts are priks."

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

" If dem príks and cnts tink I'm a prik dats dere problem dem cnts are cnuts an dat prik is a cnt. No cnt is goin to prik me after all that dem cnts and priks did.......ha ha. Dem priks and cnts are priks."

What?

He's getting kinda fond of those two little words, isn't he? And if he ever learns to spell them properly, there'll be no stopping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Even facebook has copped in to all the nosey ****ers who use the site. Posts like this have them wetting themselves and getting little stiffies...dad sings and what wife did next will amaze you because she was born a man. ..and..soldier returns from Iraq and is greeted by dog with no tongue and smelly balls. When you nosey ****s open it and scroll through endless amounts of ****e you have no interest in, you then have to put up the following post...if you get a message from me asking me for pictures of you hiding your pet carrot in your lady tunnel, ignore it as I've been hacked. Ps if your really hacked you can no longer use your page. When you press the ( do you give xxxx permission to access your fb that's your mistake. The moral of the story is. When your building a snowman and he needs a nose remember your Buddy and her pet carrot

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

I'm deliten all dez peoples I dunt kno noisy f**kers snooping on me page so if I delete ya don't get offended

Two comments of" glad I made the cut " and "two rite xx"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm deliten all dez peoples I dunt kno noisy f**kers snooping on me page so if I delete ya don't get offended

Would she not have added the snoopers in the first place?

Nothing worse than people making noise on FB

I don't know what to make of this.

17493187_1577222038977083_4591373915782602232_o.jpg?oh=ba3085403b867c03ea109138279ff51d&oe=59995FC6

''[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]To all the unselfish mums out there, who trade sleep for dark circles, salon haircuts for apony tail, long baths for quick showers, late nights for early mornings, designer handbags for nappy bags and who wouldn't change a thing.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Let's see how many mums post this,[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]who don't care about what they gave up and instead,[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Love what they got in return. [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Post if you love been a mum.''[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Apony...been... Jesus Christ. [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

sligojoek wrote: »
    I don't know what to make of this.

17493187_1577222038977083_4591373915782602232_o.jpg?oh=ba3085403b867c03ea109138279ff51d&oe=59995FC6

Yeah this bitch is definitely a gee bag, so in other words, "I'll be taking wavin pipe, there'll be baby gravy splashing around the place and I won't be protected...but I'll kill it afterwards".

She could just use a rubber ffs...

Is that what she means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

taking wavin pipe

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement