Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

mackeire wrote: »
    OhmyGod I am thrilled! I found a recipient for all of my spare breast milk! xxxxx will be sharing with a little baby boy ❤️❤️❤️

Donating breast milk is fantastic, more people should do it if they can. It can seriously help premature babies and babies with additional needs. Fair play to this woman both for doing it and getting the word out that it's possible!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I read the a&e post without seeing who posted it, got to the end and said that has to be fussy onion!! Scrolled up and it was lol fussy you know the classiest people :)
    #franklinwhosafaqisfrankin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

fussyonion wrote: »
    like why do i pay taxs like???

I don't know who she thinks she's fooling there!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I don't know who she thinks she's fooling there!!! :D

23% on some McDonalds food tbf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

"Please, in honor of someone who died from being a diabetic, or is fighting Diabetes, or even had Diabetes, copy, and paste. DO NOT SHARE. Those that know me well, do it for me!! (Write "done" in comments)"

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

"sittin in a n e...

Love this. I have a picture of yer one wandering about the hospital looking for A.N.E., until they finally ask where A&E is. :D

Also, #waitinsforc*nts"? Such nice people. Quick, bring them to the front of the queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Strange how when you search facebook for any of those hashtags you don't get any hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Right. It's way past time Fussyonion was doing this full time. Who organizes the hiring around here?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

pc7 wrote: »
    I read the a&e post without seeing who posted it, got to the end and said that has to be fussy onion!! Scrolled up and it was lol fussy you know the classiest people :)
    #franklinwhosafaqisfrankin

Same as that. Was half way through it but I had to go back to confirm my suspicions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

12 element wrote: »
    Strange how when you search facebook for any of those hashtags you don't get any hits?

Is it only when the person has made the status public you can see it when you enter the hashtags?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

am i sittin here for the good of my health dont think so

That's brilliant. I mean, i suppose it's not her health, it's her kid's, but still what a thing to say in A&E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

12 element wrote: »

You won't if she has her status set to private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

#franklinmydeardontgiveadam #waitinsforc*nts".

Can't decide which one of these made me laugh more :D
    Thanks fussyonion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Da wha?

The wailing wall. Still makes me smile.

Great or dumb?
    Here's the absurdity behind the maternity hospital debacle: if farmer John donated a field for the government to build a hospital on, would they give him ownership of it after it was built? Answers on a postcard to Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Birneybau wrote: »
    "Please, in honor of someone who died from being a diabetic, or is fighting Diabetes, or even had Diabetes, copy, and paste. DO NOT SHARE. Those that know me well, do it for me!! (Write "done" in comments)"

What?

Ha! I'm a diabetic and wouldn't copy/past/share this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

This is not a status quote, but is what I read on a colleague's status today. I'm not quoting it , they may read boards. Anyway said person was giving out shíte about their pay rise, calling them all sorts, they didn't mention where they work....but guess what! Their profile says where they work. Duh...Anyway Someone who is a friend of HR spotted it, management notified. The person was given 15 minutes to remove the post or face termination.

I've been told in confidence that this person will be managed out at the earliest opportunity. Gobshíte is now going to loose their job over a Facebook post. Stupid arseholè.

This is why I can't understand why people tell everyone where they work and what they do in their profile. One mistake drunk, angry or otherwise and your affiliated as being a spokesperson for or against the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

5GmiBOc.png

Noveight wrote: »
    5GmiBOc.png

It's amazing how thick some people are in this day and age of information...everywhere. Ireland has generated a generation of thick, stupid people that where conceived on new decking, with patio heaters keeping their arses warm whilst the dribbling dunce sprayed his bell grease into the spunk tank.

Ireland is littered with people like this. It wasn't when I was growing up. Unemployable.

It's amazing how thick some people are in this day and age of information...everywhere. Ireland has generated a generation of thick, stupid people that where conceived on new decking, with patio heaters keeping their arses warm whilst the dribbling dunce sprayed his bell grease into the spunk tank.

Ireland is littered with people like this. It wasn't when I was growing up. Unemployable.

I dunno. Joanie has a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Birneybau wrote: »

What?

Please, in honour of someone who died from a bout of dandruff, is fighting dandruff , or ever even had dandruff.
    Copy and paste. DON'T SHARE. Those who know me, do it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

coolhull wrote: »
    Please, in honour of someone who died from a bout of dandruff, is fighting dandruff , or ever even had dandruff.
    Copy and paste. DON'T SHARE. Those who know me, do it for me!

Done.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

A Facebook friend checked into hospital with the status:
    wud u ever suck a big 1 ...between snoring smells and ppl at 12 giving u needles im gonna crack up I need sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

These people were always around. You just didn't come across them in your social circles when you were growing up. Facebook gives them a global audience. In the old days, their audience would be the other three lads in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is not a status quote, but is what I read on a colleague's status today. I'm not quoting it , they may read boards. Anyway said person was giving out shíte about their pay rise, calling them all sorts, they didn't mention where they work....but guess what! Their profile says where they work. Duh...Anyway Someone who is a friend of HR spotted it, management notified. The person was given 15 minutes to remove the post or face termination.

I've been told in confidence that this person will be managed out at the earliest opportunity. Gobshíte is now going to loose their job over a Facebook post. Stupid arseholè.

This is why I can't understand why people tell everyone where they work and what they do in their profile. One mistake drunk, angry or otherwise and your affiliated as being a spokesperson for or against the company.

I've seen someone fired based on a FB post on their own page. In fairness it was incredibly racist (think along the lines of that Soldiers of Odin stuff, but worse). They had their role and company listed on their bio.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've seen someone fired based on a FB post on their own page. In fairness it was incredibly racist (think along the lines of that Soldiers of Odin stuff, but worse). They had their role and company listed on their bio.

I bet if the company and bio wasn't listed, they wouldn't have cared. My boss said to us before that the company couldn't care less what you say on Facebook if you don't have the company as your place of employment. But if you do and your racist, political or stupid when you're drunk, and your posts are at odds with the company ethos. Its grounds for dismissal. For example when the water charges were brought in initially people were venting anger at the government on Facebook. We were brought into a meeting and warned that you could be sacked for this if the company name was in your bio. American multinational corporations are all about the visual stuff and paranoid that some government minister will see a post from one of their employees.

That said, anyone who has their bio and employment in their Facebook profile then starts mouthing off deserves to be sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That said, anyone who has their bio and employment in their Facebook profile then starts mouthing off deserves to be sacked.

That is absolute spanner behaviour. How do they have a job to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I remember one of the guys making death threats to Majid Nawaz on Facebook, had Barclays Bank on his employment profile. He was well reported that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That is absolute spanner behaviour. How do they have a job to start with?

I'm still surprised that Full Time Mad Bastárd Ltd haven't hired an Online Presence manager, their employees are always posting dodgy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

If you look at any Sinn Fein Facebook page it would make your eyes bleed. Barely literate damaged people living on the fringes of society fighting with everyone including one another being encouraged by County Councillors who exist to do nothing but get elected at the next local election by people who they don't actually ever do anything for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement