Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

My friend died last week. It was expected (terminal cancer) but sudden (had been given 4 months, died after 5 days). A few people have been posting on her FB page this week expressing their condolences - mainly of the "RIP" and "Heaven has another angel" variety. Not what I would do personally, but each to their own in terms of how they chose to honour someone.

HOWEVER!! Someone posted last night: "omg just seen this has XXXX died"

I'm actually lost for words. The comments above and below are RIP ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

padd b1975 wrote: »
    "Will you be Riley deans godparent"

FFS. Asking such a personal request so publicly has got to be a new low.

The only possible answer to that is "only if you give him a less embarrassing name"

Riley Dean sounds like a bad 50's British sportscar - one of those ones that looks fantastic but has a 12bhp engine and rusts away after 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sullivlo wrote: »
    My friend died last week. It was expected (terminal cancer) but sudden (had been given 4 months, died after 5 days). A few people have been posting on her FB page this week expressing their condolences - mainly of the "RIP" and "Heaven has another angel" variety. Not what I would do personally, but each to their own in terms of how they chose to honour someone.

HOWEVER!! Someone posted last night: "omg just seen this has XXXX died"

I'm actually lost for words. The comments above and below are RIP ffs!!!
    I wouldn't post a message like that myself but I can see how it would happen - an old friend of mine died a month ago suddenly. First I learned of it was a message to his wall from another friend "Oh I can't believe what has happened. There were no RIP messages visible (some of the other messages were actually "hidden"), so I messaged someone privately to make sure I understood correctly. But I can imagine how someone would write on the wall in the shock of it.

(I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, by the way.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gravelly wrote: »
    The only possible answer to that is "only if you give him a less embarrassing name"

Riley Dean sounds like a bad 50's British sportscar - one of those ones that looks fantastic but has a 12bhp engine and rusts away after 3 years.

Mike Riley and Mike Dean, two infamous English football referees.
    The dad lost a bet I think!

razorblunt wrote: »
    Mike Riley and Mike Dean, two infamous English football referees.
    The dad lost a bet I think!

That makes the father sound even classier. Kid probably just missed out on being named Dutch Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

LOL ! Dutch Gold cmere yer dinner's ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Those people selling Juice Plus on FB/Instagram. A girl I went to school does it and it drives me bonkers. Here's one recent post:
    Check out xxxxxxx's fab results on our gold plan

On top of her weight loss shes off all IBS meds and Antidepressants She's happier, healthier and fitter
    Well done girl 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Carlow-Housing-Network-1326078167491398/posts/?ref=page_internal

Found this page... Something about people not being housed
    The page mods had planned a demonstration outside Carlow cc offices

"Born from controversy over a families right to a home we start our first small protest at our place of birth carlow Co council office today all welcome , start time 10 of clock .All welcome and bring a sleeping bag if you have one spare"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

ALL ABOUT YOUR FIRST BORN
    1. Epidural?
    2. Father in the room?
    3. Induced ?
    4. Know the sex beforehand?
    5. Due Date?
    6. Birth Date?
    7. Morning sickness?
    8. Cravings?
    9. Weight gained?
    10. Sex of the baby?
    11. Place you gave birth?
    13. Hours in labour?
    14. Baby's weight?
    15.Baby's Name?
    16. How old is your baby today?
    Come on mummies! Let's hear your story! Copy and paste. Change my answers to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

kitten_k wrote: »
    ALL ABOUT YOUR FIRST BORN
    1. Epidural?
    2. Father in the room?
    3. Induced ?
    4. Know the sex beforehand?
    5. Due Date?
    6. Birth Date?
    7. Morning sickness?
    8. Cravings?
    9. Weight gained?
    10. Sex of the baby?
    11. Place you gave birth?
    13. Hours in labour?
    14. Baby's weight?
    15.Baby's Name?
    16. How old is your baby today?
    Come on mummies! Let's hear your story! Copy and paste. Change my answers to yours.
    I always have a little suspicion that these sort of things are security question fishing attempts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Today we remember all the babies born sleeping , carried but never met , held but couldn't take home,the ones that came but couldn't stay ��. Make this your profile status if you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a baby. The majority won't do it because unlike cancer, miscarriages and still birth is a taboo subject. Break the silence. In memory of our little angels too perfect for earth ����❤️����❤️ or all those babies born sleeping or don't make it home. Copy and paste as your status !��������

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I always have a little suspicion that these sort of things are security question fishing attempts...

That's exactly what they are used for ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

"Urgent!! If a girl comes by your house saying they are collecting signatures for something, do not open the door!! It's a trap, behind her there are three men and they enter the house...please share. It has happened a lot in our neigbourhoods. copy and paste, please share. apparently this has happened in the XXX area."

I love how this FB post is vague yet specific. Three men enter the house, and then what? Collecting signatures for what? "a lot in the neighbourhoods" - 3 times? 50 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Spoopy

"Learning life step buy step"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Spoopy wrote: »
    "Learning life step buy step"

Obviously been conned into buying life steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Obviously been conned into buying life steps.

Taking life one step at a time... Like a carpenter that build stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"A full on fight outside a house today between a taxi driver and a florist delivery truck guy taxi driver near kilt him running after his truck hopping up on the bonnet going you ****in hit me show me your details I'm not having that at all roaring abuse at him florist guy tries to get a word in and the taxi driver snaps at him again oh my god pure entertainment for me waiting at the pedestrian crossing ahaaaa"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

"When angels cry, I die"

"When angels cry, I die"

You can be certain that some donkey somewhere has that tattooed on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Conspiracy theorist.
    We havent had rain in weeks.
    But we have black clouds!!!!
    Thought rain made clouds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

oleras wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorist.

Give this person a Darwin award

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

''cant bleave my sis got her wish fab weader sun shined all day i will neva 4get tg tj tm tsj tcop jesus cant be ur brother if mary is not yur mother''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    ''cant bleave my sis got her wish fab weader sun shined all day i will neva 4get tg tj tm tsj tcop jesus cant be ur brother if mary is not yur mother''

I can't believe my sister got her wish, fabulous weather, the sun shone all day. I will never forget thank God, thank Jesus, thank Mary tsj tcop Jesus can only be your brother if Mary is your mother.

Can someone please tell me what
    Tsj and tcop mean please? I'm stumped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Lisha wrote: »
    I can't believe my sister got her wish, fabulous weather, the sun shone all day. I will never forget thank God, thank Jesus, thank Mary tsj tcop Jesus can only be your brother if Mary is your mother.

Thank st Joseph Thank child of prague

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Clairewithani in well before me

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

Or st. Jude perhaps? Although I'm not sure what the 'lost cause' would be in this case :p

The 'child of prague' one - that had me stumped :)

Thank st Joseph Thank child of prague

It's impressive and slightly scary that you knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Give this person a Darwin award

I don't think 'Darwin Award' means what you appear to think it means...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

"When angels cry, I die"

maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

dreamers75 wrote:
    maybe?

Not just me then :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement