Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Gravelly wrote: »
    If one had an appointment for 8, why would one be sitting there at 7?

Aha! You clearly haven't experienced the joy of the lottery that is a public appointment with a consultant!
    Everyone is given an "appointment" time of say, 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Aha! You clearly haven't experienced the joy of the lottery that is a public appointment with a consultant!

Everyone is given the same time?!

Yes, I wasn't finished typing, apols, I just switched to my PC.
    So, everyone is given a generic apt time of e.g. 9 a.m.
    It's first come first served so a lot like a Ticketmaster queue, or a "free" Budget travel holiday; the earlier you queue, the more quickly you are likely to be seen.
    It can take, literally, hours. So while I can't understand the language, I agree with the sentiment!
    I have gone in for an appointment at 9 with my kids and still been there at 2 in some cases. Often the appointment times are made before the consultant has even arrived- i.e. come in at 9 folks but he slopes in at 10 with a Costa...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Yes, I wasn't finished typing, apols, I just switched to my PC.
    So, everyone is given a generic apt time of e.g. 9 a.m.
    It's first come first served so a lot like a Ticketmaster queue, or a "free" Budget travel holiday; the earlier you queue, the more quickly you are likely to be seen.
    It can take, literally, hours. So while I can't understand the language, I agree with the sentiment!
    I have gone in for an appointment at 9 with my kids and still been there at 2 in some cases. Often the appointment times are made before the consultant has even arrived- i.e. come in at 9 folks but he slopes in at 10 with a Costa...

Jaysus - seems the VHI is not quite as much of a waste of money as I thought it was. As usual, my wife was correct (don't tell her I said that though).

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep. Antenatal appointments here are for 9am. I used to be there for 7.30 so that I could actually get to work around 10am and not 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I know the fella, theres no way he was there at 7am. id say he got there at 10am. The same bloke used to put up statuses last year ,every few weeks making a big song and dance about lookin for work and tryin to get a job etc. I bumped into him a few weeks later and asked him did you have any look on the jobs front?? He said that he got 3 job interviews. I asked him how did you get on. He replied " ah i didnt bother goin to them in the end" .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A photo of the 8 year old girl who was killed in the Manchester Arena attack, with the words:

I am ASKING not appealing to the nearly 2 billion facebook users to share this little angel and and convince just 3 of their friends to love one another. Then this would be the last little angel that would have to pass away.
    All we need is love. Its so simple. xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

A photo of the 8 year old girl who was killed in the Manchester Arena attack, with the words:

I am ASKING not appealing to the nearly 2 billion facebook users to share this little angel and and convince just 3 of their friends to love one another. Then this would be the last little angel that would have to pass away.

Ugh, that sort of thing can feck right off. Her family don't need the poor kidlet's face popping up on their feed randomly for years on end just because this self-centred bozo is happy to use her horrific death for a viral meme or whatever.

So if everyone on FB shares then there will be no more death ever?? Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And there was religion preaching about love thy neighbour for thousands of year when all it needed was a few FB posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

2 knew laborers started today haven't got a clue I sent one looking for rubber nails and tartan paint and the other to ask the boss for sky hooks....

Knew!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    2 knew laborers started today haven't got a clue I sent one looking for rubber nails and tartan paint and the other to ask the boss for sky hooks....

Knew!

Tomorrow they'll be sent for a skirting ladder and a packet of KNEW spirit level bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

If this Jeep is yours or you know the owners, it requires IMMEDIATE attention. DEADLY coolant is leaking from it, so much there were big puddles. I don't care about the car, coolant smells sweet and looks like kool-aid. Kid WILL drink deadly amounts before realizing it tastes bad. It is a poisonous alcohol. If your kid acts funnier than usual, sleepy or almost drunk, and was outside unsupervised today, they may have drunk some. They require immediate medical attention. I have mopped up what's was on the ground, but it is still leaking. I notified the community aides for that building and the office, and will keep up on the coolant the best that I can for now.
    Update: The owner has now been contacted by the police. Still, watch your kids and make sure they didn't get into anything before, and that they don't get into anything until the leaking fluid can be taken care of properly.

New post on a student accommodation Facebook page. This guy makes my head spin. police called to the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

New post on a student accommodation Facebook page. This guy makes my head spin. police called to the scene.

do children generally lap at puddles under cars? Mmmm, delicious puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

^^^ Kids ... know to drink liquid off the ground! It would also have been a valid rant had he said mind your dogs.

Is it American? Kool Aid?

Also wondering why they would be drinking from a jeep. Unless they meant animals, not children..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

optogirl wrote: »
    do children generally lap at puddles under cars? Mmmm, delicious puddle.

I blame Peppa Pig, though she normally only jumps up and down in them

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I blame Peppa Pig, though she normally only jumps up and down in them

I fooking hate that pig

A friend was tagged in a picture of a toddler in some dungarees she made for the toddler. ''I'm still cramming my smorlest child into these, they are so fab''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Annnd the posts congratulating kids "graduating" from pre-school have begun. Ok so they've graduated in colouring in, so what? (Also I've seen this kid's drawings, they're crap! :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm not going to quote the status because the language used in it is absolutely disgusting, but basically a friend of a friend who I would have known growing up posted a status last night about how he doesn't want to see Leo Varadkar elected as taoiseach because of his sexuality and ethnicity.

This guy has two sisters. One is gay and the other is married to a man who is originally from Pakistan.
    Apparently neither of his sisters speak to him, which somehow comes as no surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Please tell her she is still young looking :rolleyes:

"It's that time of the year again for my narcissistic birthday rant. 99.99% all natural! No preservatives, no dyes, no make up, no plastics. I say 99.99% coz I have conceded to removing my moustache every few weeks or so. I can still do back bends, the splits, and go without a bra for the day even though my shadowy six pack is cushioned by nearly 2 years of domestic bliss. I love my silver streaks and my deep laugh lines coz they are proof of all the Wonderful people that call me "friend". I Love and Admire you ALL!
    I am the most fortunate today. I got to spend my birthday with my Awesome One & Only"

Of course it is followed by all comments of people telling her she still looks young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Please tell her she is still young looking :rolleyes:

"It's that time of the year again for my narcissistic birthday rant. 99.99% all natural! No preservatives, no dyes, no make up, no plastics. I say 99.99% coz I have conceded to removing my moustache every few weeks or so. I can still do back bends, the splits, and go without a bra for the day even though my shadowy six pack is cushioned by nearly 2 years of domestic bliss. I love my silver streaks and my deep laugh lines coz they are proof of all the Wonderful people that call me "friend". I Love and Admire you ALL!
    I am the most fortunate today. I got to spend my birthday with my Awesome One & Only"

Of course it is followed by all comments of people telling her she still looks young

The vom starts rising when you get to the domestic bliss part. As for the laughter lines part…Christ on a bike. Is that 'friend' like in Inbetweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

F*ck today has just totally kicked me in the m*nge...woke up to a message I didn't want & now its just hit me that my baby has been gone an hour & won't be back till Sunday... & I haven't even got my safe place to run to!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

"R.i.p (name) cant belive i written this whats this ****ing world cumming two"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Thanks bitta jasus im home nice chill out drink and off till tuesday so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Thanks bitta jasus im home nice chill out drink and off till tuesday so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

4 Years Of The Smokes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

4 Years Of The Smokes

They should think about giving them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

They should think about giving them up

Yeah... like, what kinda eejit starts smoking in 2013??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement