Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gratuitous happy fathers day post to father who is dead/alive but not on fb/in a home/probably not even aware of the internet as a concept.

Ive seen 5 or 6 of these so far already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

retalivity wrote: »
    Gratuitous happy fathers day post to father who is dead/alive but not on fb/in a home/probably not even aware of the internet as a concept.

Ive seen 5 or 6 of these so far already...

I saw about a bazillion of them yesterday. No exaggeration.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Happy father's day to all the mams out there who perform the role of mother and father.

^^ Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

On a road trip with my auntie ****** and **** to longford on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A friend of mine "liked" a post from some friend of hers. Some fella's family were selling the family home, he had a big spiel about how he spent last night, hugging the walls, touching the radiators and how tough it was to say goodbye.

Hugging the walls.

Hugging.

The walls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I agree, there's a way to go before [...] people don't presume a person's heterosexuality.

Eh? :confused: There's nothing wrong with presuming a person is heterosexual, without any further info. They probably are. You may change your view as further info comes to light, of course, and we'll assume you wouldn't treat them any differently either way (apart from hitting on them etc), but if you are the type of person who considers another person's sexuality, then statistically, heterosexuality is simply more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Happy father's day to all the mams out there who perform the role of mother and father.

^^ Muppet.

Sorry, but this is not a muppet thing. Lots of single parents out there do the job of two. Some are mams and some are dads but none of them are muppets. Respect for single parents (and I am not one!!)

Sorry, but this is not a muppet thing. Lots of single parents out there do the job of two. Some are mams and some are dads but none of them are muppets. Respect for single parents (and I am not one!!)

I'm not calling single parents Muppets! I'm calling the person who made the status a Muppet. I have nothing but respect for single parents. Never said i didnt. But wishing mothers a happy father's day is stretching the PC brigade to their limits!

I'm not calling single parents Muppets! I'm calling the person who made the status a Muppet. I have nothing but respect for single parents. Never said i didnt. But wishing mothers a happy father's day is stretching the PC brigade to their limits!

I don't see the difference to be honest. There are so many people struggling without the help of a partner and doing a good job. One of my brothers is a widower, life is tough for him, double "parent jobbing". My sister a single parent, working but paying a lot of her wages on childcare. I have so much respect for both of them.

OK edit get it now.

I don't see the difference to be honest. There are so many people struggling without the help of a partner and doing a good job. One of my brothers is a widower, life is tough for him, double "parent jobbing". My sister a single parent, working but paying a lot of her wages on childcare. I have so much respect for both of them.

OK edit get it now.

I think either you've misunderstood my post or you're quoting me by mistake? If not, read my two posts again and that should clear it up.

• Advertisement

I think either you've misunderstood my post or you're quoting me by mistake? If not, read my two posts again and that should clear it up.

Said edit ok get it now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

razorblunt wrote: »
    A friend of mine "liked" a post from some friend of hers. Some fella's family were selling the family home, he had a big spiel about how he spent last night, hugging the walls, touching the radiators and how tough it was to say goodbye.

Hugging the walls.

Hugging.

The walls!

I'd probably hug the walls too (cos I'm a weirdo)

I wouldn't put it up on Facebook though (cos then my social media circle would know I'm a weirdo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just saw a post on Facebook from a woman saying that her beautiful baby girl had been knocked down. Only upon reading the comments did it become apparent that she was talking about the cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

OK edit get it now.
    they should move in together, looks like it could solve a lot of problems and it would suit you as well, you could visit all the nieces and nephews in one trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Photos of a playschool graduation ceremony, along with, "So proud of our graduate today!"

Errr .... proud of what exactly? That she attended childcare successfully ... it's not like she'd much choice in the matter, if anything you're just proud of yourself for bringing her there each day ... congrats, I guess?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Photos of a playschool graduation ceremony, along with, "So proud of our graduate today!"

Errr .... proud of what exactly? That she attended childcare successfully ... it's not like she'd much choice in the matter, if anything you're just proud of yourself for bringing her there each day ... congrats, I guess?

Found a reply for you to send:

participation-trophy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

An acquaintance has managed to fit how hot it is, that her 2 year old daughter (who she got slack before for constantly mentioning on FB) doesn't like the humidity (the poor little angle) and that she is pregnant all into the one status.

For about the fifth day in a row.

Over exposure much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

The new thing seems to be posting pictures of your little "angles'" school reports in Facebook groups.

I don't even know why the parents in question are doing it, the reports are usually full of comments about how they're good kids but that it's a pity attendance and punctuality are so bad (which is clearly the parents' fault ... I'd be morto!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

19275113_10100214459076159_1734292970352014440_n.jpg?oh=7a056b00aaa0197011727520bc72879c&oe=59D00666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

sligojoek wrote: »
    19275113_10100214459076159_1734292970352014440_n.jpg?oh=7a056b00aaa0197011727520bc72879c&oe=59D00666

Or 'People whose pages I've stalked and are now coming up as suggested friends'

• Advertisement

The new thing seems to be posting pictures of your little "angles'" school reports in Facebook groups.

I don't even know why the parents in question are doing it, the reports are usually full of comments about how they're good kids but that it's a pity attendance and punctuality are so bad (which is clearly the parents' fault ... I'd be morto!)

Similarly the ones who post pictures of a card their kid gives them. I think that is AWFUL. The kids are writing really heartfelt messages and the parents are slamming it on fb for as many likes as they can get.

inforfun wrote: »
    Found a reply for you to send:

participation-trophy.jpg

Ha ha great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Similarly the ones who post pictures of a card their kid gives them. I think that is AWFUL. The kids are writing really heartfelt messages and the parents are slamming it on fb for as many likes as they can get.

Now that is bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Now that is bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"Got a compliment on my perfectly gelled hair today. Yesterday I witnessed a woman's wig fly off her head as she drove. I saw a hare in my yard this morning. As I look at these three related incidents, the Only conclusion that makes sense is that we are in the end of days."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The echo has a story about some mother that's campaigning for McDonald's to make gluten free food.

Couple of comments down on it , apparently McDonald's is a right now , ffs

"Every child has the right to enjoy McDonald's especially considering the number of children who celebrate their birthdays there. Why should coeliacs miss out. Good luck with ur campaign Caroline ðŸ‘ðŸ»"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Saw a thread about bonfire night on a radio station's page, asking people's opinions on it. Saw the below comment:

"Would it be okay if they wernt travelers ?? Get over urself im sure ye all did the same when ye were young , that rubish is gona get burnt or berried anyway"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

CCTV footage of two shoplifters in our Dublin store today. Two designer dresses to the value of €1000 were stolen .Both women arrested shortly after & dresses recovered .Share and beware shop owners.

www.xxxxxxxxxx.com

Complete with photos and video of the alleged theft.

Great way to scupper any court case, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Complete with photos and video of the alleged theft.

If they have 100+ convictions does it matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

El Weirdo wrote: »

I've heard this said before, but I don't think it would be an issue for an low-level routine District Court case like this. There will be no jury involved, so there is no risk of a jury member being influenced by having seen the video.

On the off-chance that the assigned judge happens to have seen the video, they could recuse themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement