Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

snowflaker wrote: »
    How da fuq does Depression affect you in terms of Parking????

(Depression sufferer here- so I can call her on
    It)

The utter loneliness felt by being parked far away, alone, from the tesco main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

If you have less distance to walk to the shops you might be less depressed about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

But her fella was getting the food not her so he could have parked in a normal parking bay and walked to get the food and she could have just sat in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

But her fella was getting the food not her so he could have parked in a normal parking bay and walked to get the food and she could have just sat in the car.

Maybe she has abandonment issues too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe she has abandonment issues too?
    I know you're being tongue in cheek but she's just a gobsh!te. I've had depression in the past and it's awful. It's people like that that make it harder for depression to be taken seriously.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I know you're being tongue in cheek but she's just a gobsh!te. I've had depression in the past and it's awful. It's people like that that make it harder for depression to be taken seriously.

I know! I didnt go out for 6 months once with it. Hated to go out or be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

An open invitation to all women from ************
    Sun 1st Oct, Doors 1:30pm **********
    A special women's circle to celebrate the goddess in us.
    This circle invites women of all backgrounds to bring a symbol of their femininity that they​'​d like to offer to other women ​of the circle​ in exchange of another symbol from the circle​.​ Everybody is welcome to briefly speak about their offering and/or acknowledge their femininity. ​This will help bring to surface the wisdom of the women in the circle.
    We will spend a few minutes meditating to help centre ourselves after receiving a wealth of positive energy. And of course to conclude the afternoon we shall dance.
    Young girls are welcome with their parents or guardian. You are also encouraged to bring home cooked food to share with the circle. We hope this gathering will be nurturing to us all.
    As spaces are limited please confirm by sending a DM. See you soon.

FB friend of mine's trying to set up a Red Tent in my area.

If you don't know what a red tent is, it's a monthly meeting for ''bleeders'' as she calls them/us. I think there's knitting and biscuits along with the acknowledging of femininity but I didn't ask for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

fussyonion wrote: »
    "to the stuck up bitch who started screamin the odds at me today cos i was parked in a disabillity bay let me tell u i HAVE a disabillity its called DEPRESSION and no i dont have a badge cos they dont give out badges for MENTAL ILLNESSES but cos u were so narrowminded u ASSUMED I WASNT DISABLED and this is the sh*t I have to put up with on a daily basis. i was parked in the bay for a few mins while my fella went to get us food NOT LIKE i was there hours and anyway u werent disabled yourself werent u able to march over to my car and start screamin and march back to your car?? so yeah what?? dont go judgin people when u cant see DISABILLITIES LOVE"

Comment "ignore her the pox"

Comment "brave chin up darling"

Comment "Why dont you apply for a badge hun u dont have to just have mulitiply solerosis or antin"

If the poster took an IQ test she'd probably qualify for a sticker.

FB friend of mine's trying to set up a Red Tent in my area.

If you don't know what a red tent is, it's a monthly meeting for ''bleeders'' as she calls them/us. I think there's knitting and biscuits along with the acknowledging of femininity but I didn't ask for details.
    Wait..what..wtf?? Did I just read that right? A monthly meeting for "bleeders"??????? No words. Just wtf. This is going too far. Too far from what I don't know but it's too far. I just can't..... Beam me up Scotty.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If you don't know what a red tent is, it's a monthly meeting for ''bleeders'' as she calls them/us.

Sweet tiny baby Jebus! I'm amazed at my age I can still be shocked by plonkers, 'bleeders' so vulgar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Can we organise a men's support group to help us through the monthly challenge too?

fussyonion wrote: »
    "to the stuck up bitch who started screamin the odds at me today cos i was parked in a disabillity bay let me tell u i HAVE a disabillity its called DEPRESSION and no i dont have a badge cos they dont give out badges for MENTAL ILLNESSES but cos u were so narrowminded u ASSUMED I WASNT DISABLED and this is the sh*t I have to put up with on a daily basis. i was parked in the bay for a few mins while my fella went to get us food NOT LIKE i was there hours and anyway u werent disabled yourself werent u able to march over to my car and start screamin and march back to your car?? so yeah what?? dont go judgin people when u cant see DISABILLITIES LOVE"

Comment "ignore her the pox"

Comment "brave chin up darling"

Comment "Why dont you apply for a badge hun u dont have to just have mulitiply solerosis or antin"

Yes I hate when people come roaring up to me on the street yelling at me '10/1 ON CHELSEA WINNING THE LEAGUE WITH PADDY POWER' :pac:

That post was hilarious though and the comments . Facebook has really given stupid people a platform to show us just how completely irrational and stupid they are. If anything has told how how much the education system needs reforming, its this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

A gym near me... "Suffering from depression? We can help you" talk about trying to take advantage of vulnerable people.

If it ends up helping one person then it's better than not helping?
    That's making depression even more of a taboo if people have to sidestep it.

I know of a few people where joining a gym/started exercising helped their depression.

If it ends up helping one person then it's better than not helping?
    That's making depression even more of a taboo if people have to sidestep it.

I know of a few people where joining a gym/started exercising helped their depression.

There is quite a few steps between clinical depression and joining a gym.

Their message is reductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Posted under a journal article about Saudi Arabia allowing women to drive:
    "Saudi Arabia becoming more progressive than the USA, never thought I'd ever type that. Impeach Trump"

Don't try explain or argue with these people, just smile and keep walking....

There is quite a few steps between clinical depression and joining a gym.

Their message is reductive.
    I completely agree with this. If you have clinical depression, just getting out of bed and having a shower is a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Posted under a journal article about Saudi Arabia allowing women to drive:
    "Saudi Arabia becoming more progressive than the USA, never thought I'd ever type that. Impeach Trump"

Don't try explain or argue with these people, just smile and keep walking....

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

pc7 wrote: »
    Sweet tiny baby Jebus! I'm amazed at my age I can still be shocked by plonkers, 'bleeders' so vulgar.

Lots of liberal feminists nowadays don't say "women have periods" or "pregnant women" because it's offensive to trans folk. Instead it's better to say "pregnant people" and "uterus owners/bleeders" lest the idea of women's biology alienate anyone. Because that's not dehumanising at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Baby X has just passed away peacefully in his mummy's arms . Thank you for all the loving thoughts x

Took me about 50 comments to realise she was talking about a fcuking rabbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lots of liberal feminists nowadays don't say "women have periods" or "pregnant women" because it's offensive to trans folk. Instead it's better to say "pregnant people" and "uterus owners/bleeders" lest the idea of women's biology alienate anyone. Because that's not dehumanising at all.

Never seen anything like that. Thankfully…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There's a thread the FB page of a very well known pub in carlow town if anyone wants a good read.. It's about them turning away travelers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There's a thread the FB page of a very well known pub in carlow town if anyone wants a good read.. It's about them turning away travelers

There must be like 50 pubs in Carlow man

Big Nasty wrote:
    There must be like 50 pubs in Carlow man

It's Scraggs Alley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Tell us which pub it isn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Can't find it?

Type Scraggs Alley Carlow into the search option on facebook.. It'll come up top of the search results

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well that was an anti climax

Sorry folks.. Just my sense of humour.. Or lack or.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This sh1te is off again!! (Tldr; let's post secret messages to raise awareness for breast cancer but don't tell men)

Hi beautiful, so here it is the time of year again when we try to raise awareness of breast cancer through a game. Its very easy and I was hoping you would participate. Last year we had to write the color of our bra's on our status. Men wondered for days what was going on with random colors on status's. This year we make reference to our love life status as a flavor. Do not answer to this message just post corresponding word on your status and send this message privately to all the girls on your friends list. Blueberry is single, pineapple is its complicated, raspberry is I don't want to commit, apple is engaged, cherry is in a relationship, banana is married, avocado is I'm the better half, strawberry is can't find mr right, lemon is I want to be single, and raisin is I want to get married to my partner. Last time the bra game was mentioned on t.v let's see if we can get there with this one. Please resend this to all your girly friends then update your status with your answer ONLY! DONT TELL ANY GUYS!
    I hope to see lots of fruit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

pc7 wrote: »
    This sh1te is off again!! (Tldr; let's post secret messages to raise awareness for breast cancer but don't tell men)

Hi beautiful, so here it is the time of year again when we try to raise awareness of breast cancer through a game. Its very easy and I was hoping you would participate. Last year we had to write the color of our bra's on our status. Men wondered for days what was going on with random colors on status's. This year we make reference to our love life status as a flavor. Do not answer to this message just post corresponding word on your status and send this message privately to all the girls on your friends list. Blueberry is single, pineapple is its complicated, raspberry is I don't want to commit, apple is engaged, cherry is in a relationship, banana is married, avocado is I'm the better half, strawberry is can't find mr right, lemon is I want to be single, and raisin is I want to get married to my partner. Last time the bra game was mentioned on t.v let's see if we can get there with this one. Please resend this to all your girly friends then update your status with your answer ONLY! DONT TELL ANY GUYS!
    I hope to see lots of fruit

FFS, banana is married :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement