Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Neighbour on FB who I have moaned about on here before over her having 2-3 statuses a day solely involving her kid (she had another one recently so double the fun), and then complaining about people saying she over-shares, had a doozy earlier.

She had one of those pictures you often see of an "inspirational" quote which read: "I DON'T CHASE ANYONE ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO WALK OUT OF MY LIFE, THERE'S THE DOOR. I'LL EVEN HOLD IT OPEN FOR YOU" to which she added an addendum: "Since <kid's name> not many ppl bother with me only a handful would txt or chat, even more with having <new baby's name> now. But I'm the first they call when they want something. This is not pointed at anyone in particular just a general statement of sometimes adult life sucks"

Queue usual comments.

It took my strongest self-control not to reply "you ok hun?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Neighbour on FB who I have moaned about on here before over her having 2-3 statuses a day solely involving her kid (she had another one recently so double the fun), and then complaining about people saying she over-shares, had a doozy earlier.

She had one of those pictures you often see of an "inspirational" quote which read: "I DON'T CHASE ANYONE ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO WALK OUT OF MY LIFE, THERE'S THE DOOR. I'LL EVEN HOLD IT OPEN FOR YOU" to which she added an addendum: "Since <kid's name> not many ppl bother with me only a handful would txt or chat, even more with having <new baby's name> now. But I'm the first they call when they want something. This is not pointed at anyone in particular just a general statement of sometimes adult life sucks"

Queue usual comments.

It took my strongest self-control not to reply "you ok hun?"

Personally I think you did well not to petrol bomb her gaf!
    What a weapon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Everyone during the few days of bad weather.
    ,"Are the schools open today tomorrow etc

Ffs look out the window if there are gates or trees falling down don't send your child to school!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

People checking themselves 'as safe'today for Ophelia!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pc7 wrote: »
    People checking themselves 'as safe'today for Ophelia!

Saw Someone do that on monday.

They live in Beijing.

they weren't wrong.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I saw people doing it during the storm!
    Surely, it's for the aftermath, not as roof tiles are blowing past your window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

"So hard to keep an already anxious child clam , with all this hype " .

The hype being the hurricane.
    I'm not sure bout the "clam".

She could try massaging his mussels to clam him down. That shell definitely work. But it's really very shellfish of her to be going on about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

She could try massaging his mussels to clam him down. That shell definitely work. But it's really very shellfish of her to be going on about this.

God, you're very crabby today.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Litteraly 50 women i know on fb have sumthing like "2+proud" or "4+proud" on their pages 2day. The new #metoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Litteraly 50 women i know on fb have sumthing like "2+proud" or "4+proud" on their pages 2day. The new #metoo?

I googled it out of curiosity and apparently it's the number of tattoos the person has. It's supposedly another one of those breast cancer awareness campaigns that makes absolutely no reference to breast cancer in the slightest.

Why are these things always by and for women exclusively?? You're letting yourselves down ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

I googled it out of curiosity and apparently it's the number of tattoos the person has. It's supposedly another one of those breast cancer awareness campaigns that makes absolutely no reference to breast cancer in the slightest.

Why are these things always by and for women exclusively?? You're letting yourselves down  ladies!

Me is a lady and I don't post sh1t like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

shoegal1 wrote: »

Why are these things always by and for women exclusively?? You're letting yourselves down  ladies!

Me is a lady and I don't post sh1t like this.

Oh yes, sorry, I genuinely thought every single woman was doing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

benjamin d wrote: »

Why are these things always by and for women exclusively?? You're letting yourselves down ladies!

Its unconscious gender bias. get thee to the Gender Bias thread or get them to the sea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Friend of a friend who's been signing on since Adam was in short pants has just found out that he has to go on a CE scheme. He's not happy about it:

"f*k sake dis place gon ta da dogs wen tat c**t fayratgur took over"

Numerous comments asking who "fayratgur" was. Apparently he's the 'teeshog"

Fayratgur!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Friend of a friend who's been signing on since Adam was in short pants has just found out that he has to go on a CE scheme. He's not happy about it:

Fayratgur!!!!!

Teeshog Fayratgur… Hands down the best misspelling I've ever seen on here. I say let him continue sitting on his hole after giving the world this gem, his work here is done…

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Husband and Wife Week! If you are still proud to be married to your spouse, copy and paste with the year you got married. "

Fayratgur!!!!!

What's CE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Fayratgur!!!!!

What's CE?

CE , community employment scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

What's CE?

You know your not a waster when you have to ask..good man.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Congratulations to my cousin **** and his lovely new wife ** on their marriage yesterday. :)
    I'm sure you both had a wonderful day and I'm assuming our invites simply went missing (we all know what An Post is like), given that pretty much every other cousin, aunt, uncle and long lost great aunty twice removed was there.
    ***** wishes you both a long, happy, blessed marriage"

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    "Congratulations to my cousin **** and his lovely new wife ** on their marriage yesterday. :)
    I'm sure you both had a wonderful day and I'm assuming our invites simply went missing (we all know what An Post is like), given that pretty much every other cousin, aunt, uncle and long lost great aunty twice removed was there.

Ooooooh FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Why post telling everyone your rellies think you’re an unlikable kunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

snowflaker wrote: »
    Why post telling everyone your rellies think your an unlikable kunt?

I can't tell if your post is in jest or not

"Didn't you know? They couldn't invite everyone because of the cost the poor things, but they could invite every other auntie uncle cousin, second cousin, and friends to the full thing.. "no one got official invites". As I was
    Told, it's a more "his & her friends" type of wedding..."

I might have followed the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

snowflaker wrote: »
    Why post telling everyone your rellies think your an unlikable kunt?

Cos people are so unaware of reality they think people will think ..'omg I can't bliev x+y didn't ask z to their wedding .. snobby c***s

"Didn't you know? They couldn't invite everyone because of the cost the poor things, but they could invite every other auntie uncle cousin, second cousin, and friends to the full thing.. "no one got official invites". As I was
    Told, it's a more "his & her friends" type of wedding..."

I might have followed the post :D

"Sister1(OP) Saved us the price of a cash gift at least. That's more booze money for me :D
    Like · Reply · 1 · 3 mins
    Remove

Sister2 Why is there no share button on this 😂😂
    Like · Reply · 2 mins
    Remove

Sister1 Bahahaha, I can make it public so you can share, hold on
    Like · Reply · 1 · 2 mins
    Remove

Sister1 Done!
    Like · Reply · 1 · "

siblers wrote: »
    I can't tell if your post is in jest or not

I mean her post on FB...

Lisha wrote: »
    Cos people are so unaware of reality they think people will think ..'omg I can't bliev x+y didn't ask z to their wedding .. snobby c***s

I’d reply, posts like this one are probably the reason you’re not invited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Congratulations to my son /daughter on their birthday /exam results
    You're in the same house as them tell them and if not not text them
    No need to be like whore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

smilerf wrote: »
    Congratulations to my son /daughter on their birthday /exam results
    You're in the same house as them tell them and if not not text them
    No need to be like whore

Similarly, wishing parents a happy birthday/ Mother's day/ Father's day when they're not on Facebook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement