Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

coolhull wrote: »
    We have got 20 (2013 Ford Edge) cars that can’t be sold because they have been stock. Therefore we are giving them away for free. If you want one of them be part of the contest. SHARE this photo & LIKE Our Page and we will choose 15 people completely random on November 29th!!
    Comment `Done`
    Winner must like our PAGE!!!

This reminds me of those head wrecking All Ireland ticket competitions in September. Every shop and pub just recycled old pics and people share posts from 2016.

"Please please please...I go to every game...my father is 105 and would love to go. It's a disgrace proper fans get get tickets...etc etc etc".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Every FU*KING time there's a little bit of investment, anywhere, in the republic of Ireland, you see a pile of comments on Facebook

"THAT MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR THE HOMELESS INSTEAD"

Boils my blood, if this attitude became widespread it would destroy economic development.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Every FU*KING time there's a little bit of investment, anywhere, in the republic of Ireland, you see a pile of comments on Facebook

Boils my blood, if this attitude became widespread it would destroy economic development.

That attitude never goes anywhere more useful than a Facebook post.

Depends on what you are referring to. I personally think for example that the Rugby World cup could have potentially spiralled out of control cost wise and would eventually have been money better spent not just on alleviating the homeless problem but on job creation and infrastructure.

If its something like the LUAS or a motorway though i dont think we have any grounds for complaint

In this case it was in relation to an upgrade to Kent Station.

Plenty of other cases though, motorways, hotels (all the time with these ones) etc.

• Advertisement

In this case it was in relation to an upgrade to Kent Station.

Plenty of other cases though, motorways, hotels (all the time with these ones) etc.

Kent station is in Irelands second city so absolutely it should be top class. Should have been done long time ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Next time just tell them that you thought that same thought about the christmas "bonus"

Sit back and watch facebook burn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

A shop in the town had a picture of their deli full of rolls and hot food accompanied with this caption :

Cum c r nice hot food tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mackeire wrote: »
    A shop in the town had a picture of their deli full of rolls and hot food accompanied with this caption :

Sounds Yum. Not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Want to say "long time" to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Omg I have just found out that one of my sons has got the brain size that of a PICKLED EGG and married the bigest bike in south east! Ovioviosly none of his mates were there to tell him wot a skanky **** that vile bird is!! How embarrassing! Nothing to do with me!! Looool

First comment was 'ovioviosly' from the 'bike' giving it loads.

Lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Omg I have just found out that one of my sons has got the brain size that of a PICKLED EGG and married the bigest bike in south east! Ovioviosly none of his mates were there to tell him wot a skanky **** that vile bird is!! How embarrassing! Nothing to do with me!! Looool

Lovely people.

C'mon, don't hold back on us, what did she say?!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Lovely people.

I call BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Obviously she's doing her best to live up to the mother-in-law stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

what did the local bike say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

what did the local bike say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

bike's comments please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"Day 1 of The 7 Day Black & White Photo Challenge. The photos are to be of bits and pieces of your life. No People. No Explaination. Nominate a person every day. I was nominated by **** Thank You ****! And I accept! I nominate the very talented ****!! "

Then loads of black and white photos of basically rubbish in someones house. This has been ongoing for the week obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

"Use are all Boaring lol"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Below from my mother in law who is always sharing this stuff,last week Aldi were giving everyone €150 vouchers.this week you might get drugged and robbed in the car park
    This is happening in Aldi’s across the country!

I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm in my local Aldi car park by two males, asking what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I’d like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable Price. I probably would have agreed had I not received an email a couple of days ago, warning of a “wanna smell this gorgeous perfume?” scam.

The men continued to stand between parked cars, I presumed to wait for someone else to try it on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointed at them, and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work about someone walking up to you at the shopping centre or Supermarket car parks , and asking you to SNIFF THE PERFUME that they are selling at a ridiculously cheap price.THIS IS NOT PERFUME – IT IS ‘ETHER’ (A POWERFUL DRUG!)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I got this in a FB PM.
    Hi Mate, would you join in trying to raise awareness for prostate cancer? (only men ). Can you please put a ? on your wall don't comment then send this on to all your male mates .

Hold your finger on this message and hit forward. Cheers

emeldc wrote: »
    "Use are all Boaring lol"

Boaring b*stards! :pac:
    stock-photo-mid-adult-man-drilling-hole-in-wall-283273730.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

sligojoek wrote: »
    I got this in a FB PM.

You'd be better off putting your finger somewhere else and checking for abnormalities, or get your "mate" to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Person on my timeline with the fooking elf on the shelf for the past 3 years - cue a flurry of eyeroll texts about this elf among the rest of our friends. Also she does the 25 days of Christmas - yes, that's 25 days in a row of #25daysofChristmas with a picture of her children doing something Christmassy like baking, decorating, painting etc etc etc, all filtered to fu*k and accompanied by a gushing outpouring of gratitude for her wonderful life. This year saw the following vomit inducing status

'First year celebrating Christmas in our #foreverhome. More than I could ever have dreamed or wished for'

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

optogirl wrote: »
    Person on my timeline with the fooking elf on the shelf for the past 3 years - cue a flurry of eyeroll texts about this elf among the rest of our friends. Also she does the 25 days of Christmas - yes, that's 25 days in a row of #25daysofChristmas with a picture of her children doing something Christmassy like baking, decorating, painting etc etc etc, all filtered to fu*k and accompanied by a gushing outpouring of gratitude for her wonderful life. This year saw the following vomit inducing status

'First year celebrating Christmas in our #foreverhome. More than I could ever have dreamed or wished for'

I've a feeling we have a mutual friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

optogirl wrote: »

Excuse me, I suddenly feel very queasy....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Below from my mother in law who is always sharing this stuff,last week Aldi were giving everyone €150 vouchers.this week you might get drugged and robbed in the car park
    This is happening in Aldi’s across the country!

I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm in my local Aldi car park by two males, asking what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I’d like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable Price. I probably would have agreed had I not received an email a couple of days ago, warning of a “wanna smell this gorgeous perfume?” scam.

The men continued to stand between parked cars, I presumed to wait for someone else to try it on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointed at them, and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work about someone walking up to you at the shopping centre or Supermarket car parks , and asking you to SNIFF THE PERFUME that they are selling at a ridiculously cheap price.THIS IS NOT PERFUME – IT IS ‘ETHER’ (A POWERFUL DRUG!)!

Do people just sit down and concoct these stories ?
    I would like to try an experiment - just make up random crap like "Men dressed up as Santa Claus driving around in white vans ringing bells are abducting kids in XXXX neighbourhood" - wonder would it catch ?

Anyway, I'd need a facebook account :rolleyes:

Have just came across one of those lovely "FACEBOOK WILL BEGIN CHARGING FROM 31ST DECEMBER, SHARE THIS AND TAG 10 FRIENDS OR YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FEE EVERY MONTH"

Like......do the people who see these things not think about them, even a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have just came across one of those lovely "FACEBOOK WILL BEGIN CHARGING FROM 31ST DECEMBER, SHARE THIS AND TAG 10 FRIENDS OR YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FEE EVERY MONTH"

Like......do the people who see these things not think about them, even a little?

Ahh, it's about that time of year again...

Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

'Ben following all the breaxit stuff very interesting chucky orla as they say'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement