Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

''Got a lunchbox in poundland for bacon and sh*t''

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

''Got a lunchbox in poundland for bacon and sh*t''

I'm guessing it's one of those ones with the separate compartments. Otherwise, that'd be quite unhygienic.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's one of those ones with the separate compartments. Otherwise, that'd be quite unhygienic.

Maybe she brings one in it in the morning and brings home the other in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

1770 for an iphone.

A selection from the past couple of days. Must be a full moon or something.

Anyone know where i can get rushes stuff you use for bridgets crosses

These three are all from the same lady, all shared in the past couple of days!
    A dad says to his daughter when he finds out she was bullying other children........
    Pick up that glass. She did.
    Throw it on the floor. She did.
    The glass smashes into pieces.
    Now say sorry to it.
    The daughter says why?
    Dad says just do it.
    The daughter says sorry to the glass.
    The dad says, is it back together as one piece?
    The daughter says no Dad.
    The dad says some things cannot always be fixed by saying sorry.
    Remember this next time you want to hurt someone either physically or mentally.
    Bullying is not ok at any age.
    Cuts and bruises heal, but memories last forever!!
    I hope my friends will copy and paste this for bullying awareness.
    Loved this and wanted to share...
    To all my female friends of "age''...
    Most of us are going through the next stage of our lives. We are at that age where we see the wrinkles, grey hair, extra pounds. We see the pretty 25 year olds and sigh. But, we were once 25, too, just like they will one day be our age. What they bring to the table with their youth and zest for life, we bring with our wisdom, experience and good hearts. For all we've been through earning each grey hair... raising kids, bills and ills and whatever else life brought us over our 30s, 40, 50, 60 we are survivors... we are warriors... we are women. Like a classic car or fine wine. While our exterior may not be what it once was, it is traded for our spirit, our courage and our strength to enter this chapter of our lives with grace and pride for all we've been through and accomplished.
    Never feel bad about aging. It is a privilege denied to many.
    Ladies, repost with your picture and age
    (Name) 54
    A young man went to seek an important position at a large printing company. He passed the initial interview and was going to meet the director for the final interview. The director saw his resume, it was excellent. And asked,'

"Have you received a scholarship for school?" The boy replied, "No".
    'It was your father who paid for your studies? '' Yes.' He replied.
    'Where does your father work? ' 'My father is a Blacksmith'

The Director asked the young man to show him his hands.
    The young man showed a pair of hands soft and perfect.
    'Have you ever helped your parents at their job? '
    'Never, my parents always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, he can do the job better than me.

The director said:
    'I have got a request: When you go home today, go and wash the hands of your father and then come see me tomorrow morning.'

The young man felt his chance to get the job was high.

When he returned to his house he asked his father if he would allow him to wash his hands.

His father felt strange, happy, but with mixed feelings and showed his hands to his son. The young man washed his hands, little by little. It was the first time that he noticed his father's hands were wrinkled and they had so many scars. Some bruises were so painful that his skin shuddered when he touched them.

This was the first time that the young man recognized what it meant for this pair of hands to work every day to be able to pay for his studies. The bruises on the hands were the price that his father payed for his education, his school activities and his future.

After cleaning his father's hands the young man stood in silence and began to tidy and clean up the workshop. That night, father and son talked for a long time.

The next morning, the young man went to the office of the director.
    The Director noticed the tears in the eyes of the young man when He asked him,

'Can you tell me what you did and what you learned yesterday at your house?'
    The boy replied: 'I washed my father's hands and when I finished I stayed and cleaned his workshop.'

'Now I know what it is to appreciate and recognize that without my parents, I would not be who I am today. By helping my father I now realize how difficult and hard it is to do something on my own. I have come to appreciate the importance and the value in helping my family.

The director said, "This is what I look for in my people. I want to hire someone who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the hardship others go through to accomplish things, and a person who realizes that money is not his only goal in life".

'You are hired'.

A child that has been coddled, protected and given everything he or she wants, develops a mentality of "I have the right" and will always put himself or herself first, ignoring the efforts of parents, family and friends. If we are this type of protective parent are we really showing love or are we helping to destroy our children?

You can give your child their own room in a big house, good food, a computer, tablet, cell phone, and a big screen TV, but when you're washing the floor or painting a wall, children need to experience that too.

After eating, have them wash the dishes with their brothers and sisters, let them fold laundry or cook with you, pull weeds or mow the lawn. You are not doing this because you are poor and can't afford help. You are doing this because you love them and want them to understand certain things about life.

Children need to learn to appreciate the amount of effort it takes to do a job right. They need to experience the difficulties in life that people must overcome to be successful and they must learn about failure to be able to succeed.

Children must also learn how to work and play with others and that they will not always win, but they can always work harder to reach their goals. If they've done their best, then they can take pride in all the effort they put forth.
    Life is about giving and serving and these qualities are taught in our homes. Share this post if it meant something to you. You can also message me and I can include you in a website entitled, "Old School Values for Today." Blessings.

(The woman who shared this takes pride in the fact that her children 'never had to lift a finger' growing up, and still does her adult son's laundry to save him having to use a washer/dryer combi in his apartment because 'they're very heavy on the electricity')

• Advertisement

This thread is pure gold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

1770 for an iphone.

30 or 50 quid for one.
    1770 (max) for running the raffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

razorblunt wrote: »
    30 or 50 quid for one.

Nice earner for him I meant. It's (oddly) genius. The best would be if he sold only certain lines up to maybe 70 or 80 percent and the UK number was one of the unsold ones and he gets to keep the phone!! LOL

I kind of like the third one, Dee Mc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

razorblunt wrote: »
    1770 for an iphone.

30 or 50 quid for one.
    What about the muppets who actually buy the lines?
    I know where I'd be telling him to shove his 2nd hand phone.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I kind of like the third one, Dee Mc.

It's not the worst Widdershins, a good message, just ironic that that lady in particular should share it after living the opposite and boasting about it

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

"Had a dream I emigrated to Australia and was having a ball,woke up to a wheelie bin being blown down the road."

Also I'm friends with a local chipper on fb who regularly post competitions for a free bag of chips or a meal of persons choice.Pretty common nowadays but some of the comments are tragic.

"Please pick me omg I never win anything,this would be tops".
    "If I won I'd share the chips with my brother Patrick,who's going back to Australia tonight".

"Would love my mam to win something as she's had a really tough week".

Jesus just pay the 1.50 for the battered sausage FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Facebook is a gold mine for psychology students I'd say.

Christ, we all knew there were stupid people in the world, but this is shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

KM792 wrote: »
    "Had a dream I emigrated to Australia and was having a ball,woke up to a wheelie bin being blown down the road."

Also I'm friends with a local chipper on fb who regularly post competitions for a free bag of chips or a meal of persons choice.Pretty common nowadays but some of the comments are tragic.

"Please pick me omg I never win anything,this would be tops".
    "If I won I'd share the chips with my brother Patrick,who's going back to Australia tonight".

"Would love my mam to win something as she's had a really tough week".

Jesus just pay the 1.50 for the battered sausage FFS!!

Jaysus that's kind of sad. Do people really want/need to win a bag of chips that badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What about the muppets who actually buy the lines?
    I know where I'd be telling him to shove his 2nd hand phone.

Of course, but fools and their money and all that.
    It's a brazen thing to do but he's not forcing anyone into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

"Seeing you drink with her and making her laugh made me jealous, doesn't matter I'll be letting her know all about you and your drinking in my own little way ;)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

English is their first language

"Have not seen yet, though usually one must SPEAK UP @THS dive to get points across,levels of ignorance beyond dangerous as us wiser folks are fully aware!!! Dial drunkx many decades way too long. The majority of them all in there are may feiners!!"rabbit tht Moran! Jesus..no wonder here's me with oceans of Qualification s an they. Ant organise one decent Company between them,We all have to do re start ups billsh17!!"businesses,#times up ,time for many very many changes!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Forcing your babies and children to get vaccinated and stabbing them with sharp needles while you hold them down as they start wailing in pain is a satanic ritual abuse! Not only are you purposely harming them physically, but you're also harming them mentally from putting them through early trauma! And to say it's "normal" when it's really not is just showing the fact of how severely brainwashed you are by this satanic system! Do you even know FOR A FACT what sort of POISONS are going into your children? How do you know for sure? You're just going to trust MAN and the government to inject your children with mercury, aborted fetus, and God knows what else? I'm pretty positive they have certain children targeted to inject them with chemicals that changes their DNA to turn them homosexual or transgender etc. It wouldn't surprise me since you parents inject your children from the second they come out of your womb! It's sad! And from my observation vaccinated children are usually much weaker, smaller, sicker, and more docile than children who are not vaccinated like my daughter! A child of God is already born PERFECT so why mess with, and defile perfection? Oh well, zombie children are just like their zombie parents, I guess.....natural selection.
    #Vaccines #SatanicRitualAbuse #BreedingWeakCattle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

darkdubh wrote: »
    I'm pretty positive they have certain children targeted to inject them with chemicals that changes their DNA to turn them homosexual or transgender etc.

Sweet.Divine.Jesus. :eek::eek::eek:

Well, I really have heard it all now.

Do you know this person in real life @darkdubh? Personally I think I'd be running!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is an entire new level of stupid, that Darkdubh post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Forcing your babies and children to get vaccinated and stabbing them with sharp needles while you hold them down as they start wailing in pain is a satanic ritual abuse! Not only are you purposely harming them physically, but you're also harming them mentally from putting them through early trauma! And to say it's "normal" when it's really not is just showing the fact of how severely brainwashed you are by this satanic system! Do you even know FOR A FACT what sort of POISONS are going into your children? How do you know for sure? You're just going to trust MAN and the government to inject your children with mercury, aborted fetus, and God knows what else? I'm pretty positive they have certain children targeted to inject them with chemicals that changes their DNA to turn them homosexual or transgender etc. It wouldn't surprise me since you parents inject your children from the second they come out of your womb! It's sad! And from my observation vaccinated children are usually much weaker, smaller, sicker, and more docile than children who are not vaccinated like my daughter! A child of God is already born PERFECT so why mess with, and defile perfection? Oh well, zombie children are just like their zombie parents, I guess.....natural selection.

This should be over in the hazards of belief thread in the Atheist forum.
    Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I know a lady that actually thinks this way. She is perfectly normal about any subject except vaccines. She is well educated, and has a very good (taxpayer funded) job in a health-related field. It's like she gets possessed when she starts on about vaccines. All of us that know her have become very adept at steering conversation away from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Do you know this person in real life @darkdubh? Personally I think I'd be running!

No thankfully. Shes not surprisingly from the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Seen the post myself on pro-vax page. These pages are absolute goldmines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

And a former 'TV personality' who was once a 'lesbian' and in Playboy.....

and supports Hitler.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

kg703 wrote: »
    And a former 'TV personality' who was once a 'lesbian' and in Playboy.....

and supports Hitler.....

Imagine having to introduce that to you parents as your new girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Something tells me that she doesn't really understand natural selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

Holy **** 😳😳😳

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"Fragmentarily speaking, and yes I meant to say it in that way, I made a mistake this morning. Obviously the world has not ended and as far as I know, although you might not be able to see it depending on where you are & what the weather is like, the sun will set this evening and again I'm pretty sure that it will rise again tomorrow. So not the biggest of mistakes that one can make. And NO! I didn't kill any body! If I do it would be intentional and no one would be the wiser because there is absolutely no one on my hit list. It was a mistake that I made. I will take full responsibility for the mistake and understand that there will be repercussions. Probably in the form of sarcastic remarks in a public setting or flaming poo at the front door. And it will be held against me, or hanging over me, or under foot, in my side in the form of a thorn, up my butt or under my pillow for certain amount of time. Which begs the obvious question; 'Where do I draw the line?'"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Benildus wrote: »
    English is their first language

"Have not seen yet, though usually one must SPEAK UP @THS dive to get points across,levels of ignorance beyond dangerous as us wiser folks are fully aware!!! Dial drunkx many decades way too long. The majority of them all in there are may feiners!!"rabbit tht Moran! Jesus..no wonder here's me with oceans of Qualification s an they. Ant organise one decent Company between them,We all have to do re start ups billsh17!!"businesses,#times up ,time for many very many changes!!"

What?????????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement