Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"The most precious jewels you'll ever wear around your neck are the arms of your children"

Repost if you too are a proud mummy.

The ironic thing is that the 'proud mummy' in questions dumps her 'precious jewels' on their grandparents 24/7 so that she can go out with 'muh girleez', and then post photos of her and said 'girleez' with captions such as: #gurlytime #sistas #sistasdoinit4demselves #hollybobs #metime #mummiesneeddertime2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭corner of hells

"Do your best , let God do the rest." , from a religious fruit cake , I work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Benildus wrote: »
    English is their first language

"Have not seen yet, though usually one must SPEAK UP @THS dive to get points across,levels of ignorance beyond dangerous as us wiser folks are fully aware!!! Dial drunkx many decades way too long. The majority of them all in there are may feiners!!"rabbit tht Moran! Jesus..no wonder here's me with oceans of Qualification s an they. Ant organise one decent Company between them,We all have to do re start ups billsh17!!"businesses,#times up ,time for many very many changes!!"

Prizes for translation ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

All I want to know is what their "oceans of qualifications" are in, because I presume it isn't anything that required an ability to write in the English language.

"Do your best , let God do the rest." , from a religious fruit cake , I work.

A great excuse to do things haf-@ssed - just blame Jesus if things aren't finished "that was His bit"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

I'll have a go:

Have not seen yet, though usually one must SPEAK UP @THS dive to get points across,levels of ignorance beyond dangerous as us wiser folks are fully aware!!!

I have serious concerns about certain peoples ignorance and I feel, as an intelligent person I need to speak up

Dial drunkx many decades way too long.

I drank a bottle of wine before I wrote this

The majority of them all in there are may feiners!!"rabbit tht Moran!

They only look out for themselves and their pets

Jesus..no wonder here's me with oceans of Qualification s an they. Ant organise one decent Company between them,

I passed my Leaving Certificate and took a FAS course - I believe I have the skills to run an efficient and successful business

We all have to do re start ups billsh17!!"businesses,#times up ,time for many very many changes!

Turns out my business isn't successful but it's the competitors fault or at the very least, the government #voteMaryLou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

"Fragmentarily speaking, and yes I meant to say it in that way, I made a mistake this morning. Obviously the world has not ended and as far as I know, although you might not be able to see it depending on where you are & what the weather is like, the sun will set this evening and again I'm pretty sure that it will rise again tomorrow. So not the biggest of mistakes that one can make. And NO! I didn't kill any body! If I do it would be intentional and no one would be the wiser because there is absolutely no one on my hit list. It was a mistake that I made. I will take full responsibility for the mistake and understand that there will be repercussions. Probably in the form of sarcastic remarks in a public setting or flaming poo at the front door. And it will be held against me, or hanging over me, or under foot, in my side in the form of a thorn, up my butt or under my pillow for certain amount of time. Which begs the obvious question; 'Where do I draw the line?'"

Didn't understand any of this post, I'm happy to say.
    Flaming poo? What! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Didn't understand any of this post, I'm happy to say.
    Flaming poo? What! :D

Yes the whole thing is a load of rubbish dreamworld stuff.

The flaming poo I think is a reference to that american thing of putting poo in a paper bag and setting it on fire and knocking on the door. Then the person comes out and stamps on it to put out the flame then getting covered in poo.

And yes, this person is american needless to say! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Gravelly wrote: »
    A great excuse to do things haf-@ssed - just blame Jesus if things aren't finished "that was His bit"

Maybe Jesus is a work colleague .

Gravelly wrote: »

Maybe Jesus is a work colleague .

Always blame the Mexican guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fighting this Facebook algorithm change, because I’m totally noticing I am not seeing so many of my friends’ posts

Here’s how to avoid hearing from the same 26 FB friends and nobody else. This post explains why we don't see all posts from our friends. Funny, thought if I followed you on Facebook I would see what you post. Not anymore

Your Newsfeed recently shows only posts from the same few people, about 25, repeatedly the same, because Facebook has a new algorithm. *♀️

Their system chooses the people who will read your post. However, I would like to choose for myself, Therefore, I ask you all a favor - If you are reading this message leave me a quick comment, a "hello", a sticker, whatever you want, so you will appear in my news feed

Otherwise Facebook chooses who to show me and I don't need facebook to choose my friends!

Do not hesitate to copy and paste on your wall so you can have more interaction with all your contacts and bypass the system. That's why we don't see all posts from our friends.

Thanks for the heads up from those who already copied and pasted the above. Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go your page, start a new post on your page, then put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste. Waaa laa, you've just copied and pasted!!I

/twitch

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Waaa laa? I presume she meant to use the French term, 'Voilà'.

But isn't Waaa laa somehow more exciting?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Waaa laaa

Waa....
    It does add an extra layer of "moan" to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe she's a scouser?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Facebook is a gold mine for psychology students I'd say.

Christ, we all knew there were stupid people in the world, but this is shocking!

There's an Austrian psychologist on my friends list and he posts some very weird, gloomy stuff. He could be the weirdest of them all, but it's not funny, just vaguely depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Boys Are Like Parking Spaces The Good Ones Are Taking And The Rest Are Handycaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Just arrived on my Facebook feed this morning:

There are boys and girls to which no one invites to the birthday party, for example, kids with special needs who are desperate to belong to a team, but they don't receive an invite because they don't fit in with "normal" children. Children with special needs are not rare or strangers. They only want what everyone else wants, to be part of that team, to be accepted!!
    Can I make a request? Is there anyone willing to copy and paste this in honor of all children who deserve a chance!

And..........deleted

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

From a fb bargain page -

Junpers 1 euro
    Leggans 1 euro
    Runners 3 euro

In pennys these arent marked diwn but all reduiced at the tills 😠Dunleorgie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

/twitch

In a weird way I’m intrigued, I’m currently always seeing the same stuff on my feed if I’m on mobile. It’s gone stale, iPad and desktop are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Spoopy

"Who sells thr cheapest drug test so I can prove someone wrong thanks in advance"

• Advertisement

Spoopy wrote: »
    "Who sells thr cheapest drug test so I can prove someone wrong thanks in advance"

I hope that wasn't my wife :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

pc7 wrote: »
    From a fb bargain page -

Junpers 1 euro
    Leggans 1 euro
    Runners 3 euro

In pennys these arent marked diwn but all reduiced at the tills 😠Dunleorgie

Saw this on my timeline, comment underneath from the OP

"Sorry Dun leorgie but could be more as i ssuc there not marked down"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

rawn wrote: »
    Saw this on my timeline, comment underneath from the OP

"Sorry Dun leorgie but could be more as i ssuc there not marked down"

Their keyboard must be set to something funny or missing keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

pc7 wrote: »
    Their keyboard must be set to something funny or missing keys!

If there was ever a need for google translate, this is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I might even put this up myself.
    I know 99.9% of you won't post this as your status, but I'm going for a few pints tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

All I'm listenin to all week is did I get arrested for this or that wen I didn get arrested for anyting all sum1 has bein spreadin viscous roomers in this town & it's just not true Im getting proof off the gards that I was never arrested for anyting and any1 in town who has doubts about can ring the gards & ask wen was I arrested it's very easy to spread roomers about 1 of the most popular people in waterford wen my name is mentioned the roomer spreads like wildfire im just putting it out there that is not true & im gonna clear my name this week. Waterford is a viscous circle when ur a sumbody ur better off being a nobody because wen ur a sumbody people thrive on nocking you people love a scapegoat end of rant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

roomers ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Are you friends with John Mullane?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

This guy is 35, absolute joke shop of an individual lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

All I'm listenin to all week is did I get arrested for this or that wen I didn get arrested for anyting all sum1 has bein spreadin viscous roomers in this town & it's just not true Im getting proof off the gards that I was never arrested for anyting and any1 in town who has doubts about can ring the gards & ask wen was I arrested it's very easy to spread roomers about 1 of the most popular people in waterford wen my name is mentioned the roomer spreads like wildfire im just putting it out there that is not true & im gonna clear my name this week. Waterford is a viscous circle when ur a sumbody ur better off being a nobody because wen ur a sumbody people thrive on nocking you people love a scapegoat end of rant!!!!

I get nocked down but I get up again, and they're never gonna nock me down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement